Week 5 thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BoylenOver
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 9146

    #61
    VaTech ices the game away. 41-30 with 30 seconds left.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #62
      Bad for NC State good for Boise State, I guess.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • il Padrino Ute
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 19161

        #63
        I'm too lazy to look through this thread to see if it's been mentioned, but a crazy ending to the LSU/Tenn game. Wow.
        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

        Comment

        • BoylenOver
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 9146

          #64
          Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
          I'm too lazy to look through this thread to see if it's been mentioned, but a crazy ending to the LSU/Tenn game. Wow.
          It really was. And the crazy thing is, Les Miles pulling a dumbshit move to bring in new personnel led to Tennessee's too many men penalty.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #65
            Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
            It really was. And the crazy thing is, Les Miles pulling a dumbshit move to bring in new personnel led to Tennessee's too many men penalty.
            Or maybe it was a genius move by Miles?
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • Moliere
              One man.....one pie
              • Oct 2009
              • 27886

              #66
              Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
              I'm too lazy to look through this thread to see if it's been mentioned, but a crazy ending to the LSU/Tenn game. Wow.
              Wow! Just wow! The crowd went from an almost riot to jubilation within seconds. I was almost in the portal when we saw the flag. LSU fans were still cussing the name of Les Miles as we walked out of the stadium.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

              Comment

              • il Padrino Ute
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 19161

                #67
                Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
                Wow! Just wow! The crowd went from an almost riot to jubilation within seconds. I was almost in the portal when we saw the flag. LSU fans were still cussing the name of Les Miles as we walked out of the stadium.
                Whoa, whoa, whoa.... you were there? That would have been some serious fun, depending on who you were rooting for.
                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                Comment

                • Moliere
                  One man.....one pie
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 27886

                  #68
                  Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                  Whoa, whoa, whoa.... you were there? That would have been some serious fun, depending on who you were rooting for.
                  Yep. The first 17 seconds and last 2 mintues were exciting. The rest of the game was blah. Tiger Stadium was cool.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                  Comment

                  • BoylenOver
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 9146

                    #69
                    on 4th and goal from the 2, Florida tries a jump pass, but gets picked off in the end zone. 3-0 Crimson Tide.
                    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                    Comment

                    • Coach McGuirk
                      1
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12109

                      #70
                      Meyer panics, goes for it on 4th and goal. Jump pass interception. It is the 1st quarter and they trail by 3.

                      Comment

                      • chrisrenrut
                        Strikes and Gutters
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 2299

                        #71
                        BoylenOver, aren't you supposed to be at the Bama/Fla game? What happened?

                        Comment

                        • BoylenOver
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 9146

                          #72
                          Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                          BoylenOver, aren't you supposed to be at the Bama/Fla game? What happened?

                          http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showpo...6&postcount=14
                          Money got a little tight, and I had to choose between UF/Bama or Utah/Notre Dame. I picked South Bend.
                          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                          Comment

                          • chrisrenrut
                            Strikes and Gutters
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 2299

                            #73
                            You chose wisely. Sorry to hear that. It would be awesome to be there tonight.

                            Comment

                            • BoylenOver
                              Junior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 9146

                              #74
                              17-0 Alabama. The Florida defense has no answer for the Tide.
                              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                              Comment

                              • BoylenOver
                                Junior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 9146

                                #75
                                24-0. Robert Lester intercepts Brantley, and the next play, Marquis Maze throws a TD pass to Michael Williams out of the Weddle formation.

                                This is a fun game.
                                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                                Comment

                                Working...