Cheap shot ends Fugas season........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap shot ends Fugas season........

This is such bullshit. That bastard should miss as many games as Fugas misses.
    *Banned*

Definitely an illegal block. Someone on CB stated they talked to one of the refs who had seen the video and the ref stated it was legal but dirty. I don't get that opinion because the jock obviously took place outside of the blocking zone.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

I posted this in the Nevada thread below. A guy on TBS found his blog and wrote a comment, probably a nasty comment which got deleted. Bender then emailed him this:

"I made eye contact with your boy Romney before I cut him, he saw me, I've ran that play all season,
      you can blame it on his lack of film study, you can blame it on his lack of effort on his pass rush that he was the first guy turning
      around trying to fall into the play, you can blame it on him not getting out of the way when we made eye contact, but don't blame
      me for playing this game that I love with passion and playing physical the way that I am coached to. ThanksJohn BenderPS In case you missed it Nevada is
      ranked #25 in the nation."
      :swear: What a douche. I've rewatched the cheap shot several times, there is no way in hell that was anything other than a cheap shot. Wish someone had roughed him up.

Comment

I agree with CJ. He should miss as many games as Fuga. This is bullshit.
        "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
        —Abraham Maslow

Comment

That was one of the dirties hits I have seen. Not cool at all.
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

You need to look no further than the BSU/OSU thread, one man's cheap shot is another man's highlight hit set to music.

What really needs to happen is officials need to either have the power, or the guts if they already have it, to throw guys out of games when they do crap like this. Judging by the response SC posted above this is probably not the first time this player has hit someone like this, and probably won't be the last. If an official would remove him from a game it would send a big signal and if the player didn't correct it his coach would be forced to.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

I didn't see it. But if it was as bad as everyone says, did any of the BYU players go after this guy?
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have a link to the video of the hit?

Comment

http://johnwbender.wordpress.com/

There's his public blog.

And private Twitter:

http://twitter.com/John_W_Bender

Linkedin profile:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-bender/23/2b8/977

Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/john.bender6...wbender?ref=ts
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    I didn't see it. But if it was as bad as everyone says, did any of the BYU players go after this guy?
                    Yeah a little scrum broke out after he hit him. The problem was it was a screen Fuga was away from the ball and this guy dove at the back of his knee right as Fuga went to turn around.
                    *Banned*

Comment

[YOUTUBE]Hy7GwBhVlOk?fs=1&hl=en_US" [/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                        Thanks for the link.

Yuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                          That was right in front of the play. How the fuck did the officials not see it?
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

That was absolutely a bullshit cheapshot. Karma is going to be a bitch for that cocksucker. Learn to block legal or get off the field. Cheapshots like that mean you're a big pussy and can't play the game right.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              That was right in front of the play. How the fuck did the officials not see it?
                              Craig Thompson wanting to give Nevada a warm welcome and BYU a nice "fuck you later" if you asked the guy sitting next to me. With it being that obvious, it is tough to argue.

Comment

Working...
                              X