Boise St. wanted 1 million dollars to play at Nebraska.......

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #1

    Boise St. wanted 1 million dollars to play at Nebraska.......

    That is a pretty asinine asking price. No wonder they claim to not be able to field a difficult schedule.

    *Banned*
  • doctorcoug
    To Win is to Honor Him
    • Jun 2009
    • 2273

    #2
    This is prepping for the ensuing massive debate about Boise not deserving the title game.
    "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

    "So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

    Comment

    • BoylenOver
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 9146

      #3
      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      That is a pretty asinine asking price. No wonder they claim to not be able to field a difficult schedule.

      http://college-football.blogs.cbsspo...56338/24447857
      Someone who negotiates big-time deals once told me you set a price higher than what you expect. Fair play to Boise, but they should aim a little lower next time.
      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #4
        Is that really that much money? How much do these FCS schools get when they go into Lincoln? I bet it's at least $600k.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • BoylenOver
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 9146

          #5
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Is that really that much money? How much do these FCS schools get when they go into Lincoln? I bet it's at least $600k.
          750k is the highest I've ever heard.

          Boise's situation is unique, but $1 mil is a ton of money.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

          Comment

          • DrumNFeather
            Invisible Swordsman
            • Nov 2008
            • 8854

            #6
            Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            Is that really that much money? How much do these FCS schools get when they go into Lincoln? I bet it's at least $600k.
            Right now, I think Nebraska would get more exposure for playing Boise than Boise would for playing Nebraska. The number of TV sets tuning in and the fact that ESPN would pick it up as a prime time game are compelling enough to poney (no pun intended) up the dough.
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

            Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #7
              I am not sure I believe the report to begin with, but even if true I don't think it is a completely absurd request by Boise. And if true, does this mean that Oregon, Oregon St, and VA Tech all ponied up $1 mil for BSU? That there makes me not believe this story. And seeing the ratings BSU pulled the other night, $1 mil seems like a pretty good deal.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • jay santos
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 13652

                #8
                I think the typical non D1A team gets $500K or so for a money game. At a place like Nebraska with stadium of 70K or so where the average ticket price is $50. Would a game against Boise State command an extra $500K or an extra $7 per ticket? Throw in the TV money, exposure, etc. $1M is not a bad asking price for a school like Boise for a game like this. The Boise-Va Tech game probably was worth in the $10M range just for TV.

                Comment

                • CJF
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8497

                  #9
                  Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                  I think the typical non D1A team gets $500K or so for a money game. At a place like Nebraska with stadium of 70K or so where the average ticket price is $50. Would a game against Boise State command an extra $500K or an extra $7 per ticket? Throw in the TV money, exposure, etc. $1M is not a bad asking price for a school like Boise for a game like this. The Boise-Va Tech game probably was worth in the $10M range just for TV.
                  I was under the impression that home and home meant that you didn't pay the other team. They kept their gate, you keep yours and there is a fee that is pretty much accepted by all schools. If it is a 2-1 or a 1 and done, then yeah, you figure out a price. But home and home? BSU is being stupid.
                  A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                  Comment

                  • BoylenOver
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 9146

                    #10
                    Originally posted by CJF View Post
                    I was under the impression that home and home meant that you didn't pay the other team. They kept their gate, you keep yours and there is a fee that is pretty much accepted by all schools. If it is a 2-1 or a 1 and done, then yeah, you figure out a price. But home and home? BSU is being stupid.
                    Home-and-home? With Nebraska? Um, no, the deal did not include a return trip.
                    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                    Comment

                    • Hot Lunch
                      Out of Office
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7842

                      #11
                      Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                      750k is the highest I've ever heard.

                      Boise's situation is unique, but $1 mil is a ton of money.
                      Tennessee paid the University of Wyoming 3 mil to change the game from Laramie to Knoxville a couple of years ago.
                      "Take it to the Bank"

                      Comment

                      • All-American
                        Right, as Usual
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 15664

                        #12
                        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        That is a pretty asinine asking price. No wonder they claim to not be able to field a difficult schedule.

                        http://college-football.blogs.cbsspo...56338/24447857
                        Too bad they don't have an HD truck. If they did, that might have worked.
                        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                        Comment

                        • CJF
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 8497

                          #13
                          Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                          Home-and-home? With Nebraska? Um, no, the deal did not include a return trip.
                          According the article:

                          In the past year, NU tried to put together a series with BSU; two-for-one, home-and-home, one-way trip to Lincoln. Whatever. It ended up fizzling out. Why?
                          If you are BSU and have a chance to do a home and home with Nebraska, you do it.
                          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                          Comment

                          • BoylenOver
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 9146

                            #14
                            Originally posted by CJF View Post
                            According the article:



                            If you are BSU and have a chance to do a home and home with Nebraska, you do it.
                            I stand corrected.
                            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                            Comment

                            • dabrockster
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 10947

                              #15
                              Ohio State paid Youngstown State $650,000 each of the 2 years they played us (Roughly 1.2 Million)..

                              And I guess Ohio State is willing to pay Colorado $800,000 next year (I think that is a bad decision.. Colorado blows chunks)...

                              Comment

                              Working...