Mister Crimson, tender mercies and the wind of change........

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Goatnapper'96
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10924

    #1

    Mister Crimson, tender mercies and the wind of change........

    better read in a German accent!

    I miss the old internet glory days of Utefans.net at its pinnacle. Unlike my favorite chubby blonde and favorite rapper, who happens to be a perfect doppledanger for "SCOTT" Dr Evil's non quasi-evil son, and Andrew Bernard I recognize the good old days as they are happening. These are the good old days-what a time to be alive! There is a part of me who wonders if the ever merciful Creator brought my old friend and cyber pal, Commie Crimson, home to His bosom, I do hope it is a large bosom, in order to prevent Commie Crim from having to live through my good old days. Up there in the sky I imagine a very fit Commie Crim, Blood Simplex and Hod Sanders enjoying a shirtless BBQ until Kalani Sitake starts dancing post game- then their collective shit hits the fan. So yes my friends-the Almighty loves even Utefans and will spare them the ignominy of having to shave themselves in uncomfortable locations as they beg the aggressors to just be gentle. 3 in a row in football since BYU was informed the resources delta between Utah and BYU was coming to an end! This augmented by the Church decision makers allowing BYU sports to be financially unleashed and I think it tender the Almighty brought my Commie comrade home so he could forego the misery of watching Nephi from Lehi enjoying these moments. Rise and Shout! BYU has built the gameday experience into a phenomenal experience for all involved!

    I often opine on the great blessing of Utah and BYU football to the people of this region. The west is losing its preference for good football. This is why the PAC self-destructed. Uncle Phil's money keeps Oregon elite but SC, Washington, Bay Area schools programs continue to wane, IMO. I believe this slow slouch to football Gomorrah has subtly been going on for sometime. But not in the Beehive State-the only western state of any consequence that still cares about football and we have 2 really good programs-just to the chagrin of my half-nekid eternal friends above their beloved Utes are falling into their paradisiacal state as #2 on the depth chart. God Bless the great legacy of Lavel Edwards! It was a great game between two very good college football teams. Kyle made some poor decisions on 4th down-I wonder if the analytics change when you eliminate all the non top 25 teams, but God bless him for his decision making. He may have been handed back and forth like a pack of menthols by Eric Dickerson and Craig James-but he will always be Fred SR's slightly assholeish son to me. I know it is perverse but knowing the personality type it gives me some petty joy to know he will spend eternity stewing in his own bowl of rivalry frustration discovers when he should have bailed at halftime of Ute Rose Bowl II at a minimum. My favorite BYU QBs continue to be Catholics and Kalani Sitake is surpassing any reasonable expectations I had when he was hired.

    Some tough games to go and I don't think we are good enough to go undefeated but I believe we are good enough to be Iowa State this Saturday in Ames.

    Still on board Brethren!
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

    I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap
  • Bo Diddley
    Senior
    • Jul 2012
    • 18804

    #2


    Appreciated the Bork reference as well.

    Comment

    • Shaka
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 10450

      #3
      I want to run through a wall for you.

      Comment

      • PaloAltoCougar
        Semper infra dignitatem
        • Nov 2008
        • 16938

        #4
        I'd love to read what Mr. Crimson, Hod, and BloodSimplex are posting right now on Utefans--Paradise Edition (perhaps i assume too much). Happy times, indeed.

        Comment

        • wally
          <><><><><><><><>
          • Jun 2010
          • 4137

          #5
          I would prefer that the good Lord not take any of you guys home for my glory days to start.

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #6
            One thing I appreciate about Goatnapper'96 is his white knuckle grip on the past. Not necessarily in an Uncle Rico kind of way, though there does seem to be that element. Rather as a way of honoring the good old days to inform and appreciate the present. That's my most charitable interpretation of whatever the fuck he was trying to say in that post good lord someone get that man an editor.

            Comment

            • Jeff Lebowski
              Corporate lackey for Jesus
              • Nov 2008
              • 69723

              #7
              Originally posted by YOhio View Post
              That's my most charitable interpretation of whatever the fuck he was trying to say in that post good lord someone get that man an editor.
              Let's start by striking "slightly" in that second paragraph.

              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

              Comment

              • Goatnapper'96
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 10924

                #8
                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

                Let's start by striking "slightly" in that second paragraph.
                There must be some level of loyalty to at least the effort he gave in trying, usually unsuccessfully, to tackle Craig James and Eric Dickerson. Especially now that he will be forever remembered as a frail old man unable to figure out when to take the easy score. Viagara would help his coaching decisions methinks. Given the state he is exiting his once proud career as those aware of his family's deep contributions to where BYU is now, we ought to have some magnanimity for the man. It is so much easier to love when one is no longer a threat.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

                I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

                Comment

                • Goatnapper'96
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10924

                  #9
                  Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  One thing I appreciate about Goatnapper'96 is his white knuckle grip on the past. Not necessarily in an Uncle Rico kind of way, though there does seem to be that element. Rather as a way of honoring the good old days to inform and appreciate the present. That's my most charitable interpretation of whatever the fuck he was trying to say in that post good lord someone get that man an editor.
                  Wuap, a venerated academic wanker, once recommended I write short prose for a living. So piss off!
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

                  I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

                  Comment

                  • Shaka
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 10450

                    #10
                    Goatnapper would lose some of his charm if edited. You do you 'Napper!

                    Comment

                    • YOhio
                      Hipster Mode
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26165

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

                      Wuap, a venerated academic wanker, once recommended I write short prose for a living. So piss off!
                      He lost the spirit of discernment.

                      Comment

                      Working...