2024 Alamo Bowl - BYU vs Colorado

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • myboynoah
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 21719

    #76
    Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Jake is a good QB. His record and stats against the most difficult byu schedule of all time show that. He is not a great qb and will not be great unless he can clean up his poor decisions that happen at the worst times. If it weren't for one of those at the end of the half against Kansas we would have had a rematch against ASU in Dallas.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

    For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

    Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

    Comment

    • Moliere
      One man.....one pie
      • Oct 2009
      • 27878

      #77
      Well, that was fun. More Colorado fans than BYU fans but the place was packed and the Colorado fans rarely got loud…since they had nothing to be loud about
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

      Comment

      • PaloAltoCougar
        Semper infra dignitatem
        • Nov 2008
        • 16936

        #78
        A very fun bowl experience, my most relaxed since Oregon in Vegas. Despite being somewhat outnumbered, BYU fans were much louder even in the early stages of the game. One hopes this results in a top 10 finish, landing some good recruits and portal transfers, and retaining a couple of others who have another year of eligibility. And kudos to the coaching staff. They had the team ready and pumped. Next year should also be a lot of fun, and we've got months to bask in the afterglow of a truly outstanding (and surprising) year.

        P.S. Congrats to 'Napper on a wonderful evening.

        Comment

        • byufan4ever
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2023
          • 703

          #79
          That was a very good win! I have to admit that I was believing the media hype that BYU stood no chance. I mean, even when BYU was up big in the 4th, the commentators continued to gush about Colorado. Our defense was elite. Our special teams was elite. Our offense...Arod had his best playcalling of the season, mabye of his career? But the execution was lacking at times. We should have had 3 more TDs. Here's to hoping that Retzlaff takes another huge leap in the offseason because I've never been more "meh" about a returning QB. He absolutely has to reduce his TOs and get better in the red zone.

          "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react." - Charles Swindoll

          Comment

          • Pelado
            Bald not naked
            • Sep 2010
            • 21139

            #80
            That. Was. Awesome.

            To win a game by 22 even with all the mistakes - beautiful.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

            Comment

            • YOhio
              Hipster Mode
              • Nov 2008
              • 26165

              #81
              What an awesome win. Offense was fun and frustrating. Defense and Special Teams were lights out. Broadcast booth was awful.

              ESPN announcers faced criticism from BYU fans who felt slighted during the Alamo Bowl broadcast in favor of Colorado's storylines.

              Comment

              • BigPiney
                Huge Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 12365

                #82
                Ferrin is an elite kicker. So lucky to have him.

                Comment

                • beefytee
                  Board eye candy
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 7542

                  #83
                  I know there has been a lot of talk about the announcers, but my biggest beef with ESPN lately is their general broadcast production quality. Replays seem to be going down in number. No good explanation of what went on during the play with video to back it up.

                  The quality has just gone down the last few years.

                  They certainly don’t have the stranglehold on the sport like they did a decade ago. Yeah, they are still the top dog and have the rights to a huge chunk of the content, but they are sliding their way to mediocrity.

                  Unfortunately, unless you are the SEC or B1G, you are beholden to them still, just ask the PAC 12. It seems like that could change over the next while. Maybe I’m just being hopeful.

                  It will be interesting to see how the NFL does with Amazon Prime and Netflix is the coming years.

                  Comment

                  • Northwestcoug
                    Cocked and Loaded
                    • May 2011
                    • 18021

                    #84
                    I only caught the 4th quarter but I heard more than once that Sanders and the rest of the team can hold their heads high. Well sure, you played until the end of the game. And Sanders had one decent drive that I saw. But come on. You were outplayed the entire game.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

                    Comment

                    • YOhio
                      Hipster Mode
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26165

                      #85
                      Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                      I only caught the 4th quarter but I heard more than once that Sanders and the rest of the team can hold their heads high. Well sure, you played until the end of the game. And Sanders had one decent drive that I saw. But come on. You were outplayed the entire game.
                      I really like Shedeur, but I’m just not seeing him as a franchise QB. I hope I’m wrong and wish him the best.

                      Comment

                      • myboynoah
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 21719

                        #86
                        Originally posted by YOhio View Post

                        I really like Shedeur, but I’m just not seeing him as a franchise QB. I hope I’m wrong and wish him the best.
                        I was thinking the same thing. Kind of wants to mimic Mahomes, but not there. Plus, he's had some pretty good receivers.
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                        Comment

                        • myboynoah
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 21719

                          #87
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                          For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                          Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                          Comment

                          • bluegoose
                            7th round draft pick
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 4121

                            #88
                            BTW, after that game, I think we need to share some more love for Parker Kingston. Dude has been so good this whole year. Two punt return TDs. I can't remember a single lost fumble on a punt. At least one passing TD (should have been a second on Saturday night). Always a threat. I don't think we've had a similar special teams threat like him since James Dye back in the mid 90s.

                            Comment

                            • Bo Diddley
                              Senior
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 18789

                              #89
                              Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                              BTW, after that game, I think we need to share some more love for Parker Kingston. Dude has been so good this whole year. Two punt return TDs. I can't remember a single lost fumble on a punt. At least one passing TD (should have been a second on Saturday night). Always a threat. I don't think we've had a similar special teams threat like him since James Dye back in the mid 90s.
                              Agreed. Love that guy. Back in the day he would have been called "deceptively fast".

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69689

                                #90
                                Yeah, Kingston has been amazing this year. Too bad that pass he threw early in the game didn't connect.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...