"Climbing is easier than hanging on" - Duck football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hsaru View Post
    I knew I would get the "LOL" response, but the trolling posts aside, if you are going to use TCU's Oregon State win to discount them as a team, the ASU game does just the same for Oregon.

The reality is Oregon and TCU are the two best teams in the nation, both are complete teams with great offenses and defenses unlike Auburn who has no defense and doesn't belong in the title game(they will lose to Bama).
    I think that TCU has a better defense than Oregon, and I think the matchup of a fast, smart, athletic defense against the Oregon offense would be a compelling story. I am also sure that Dalton hasn't had to face a secondary as good as Oregon's. Two of the best punt/kick return teams in the country. There would be a lot of good match ups.
    I stand by my response to EuroFootballMeaniepants, TCU would not destroy Oregon.

That said Cal is undefeated at home and was the scene of one of Oregon's great late season collapses in 2006. 3 big games left for the Ducks to prove they belong there.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
      I think that TCU has a better defense than Oregon, and I think the matchup of a fast, smart, athletic defense against the Oregon offense would be a compelling story. I am also sure that Dalton hasn't had to face a secondary as good as Oregon's. Two of the best punt/kick return teams in the country. There would be a lot of good match ups.
      I stand by my response to EuroFootballMeaniepants, TCU would not destroy Oregon.

That said Cal is undefeated at home and was the scene of one of Oregon's great late season collapses in 2006. 3 big games left for the Ducks to prove they belong there.
      I'll be at that cal game and expect an Oregon blowout.

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        7 in a row over the helpless Huskies today. I imagine Don James is rolling over in his grave.

This is what my friends house looks like this morning.

What's with the shillelagh? Go Irish!
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          What's with the shillelagh? Go Irish!
          I had to look up shillelagh, it was the hammer I used to pound the signs into the ground.

A hammer is a a tool many people have and has many different uses. Often they have wooden handles, though not always.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10053
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

• Sorry Bears.

Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

• Cal up.. Its early, but Cal has beaten Oregon that last 3 times they have played in cal. Will they be able to pull of #4??

Probably not, but I'd rather watch that game then the Texas vs Okie St. I have to watch..

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                I'd rather watch that game then the Texas vs Okie St. I have to watch..
                I have USC vs Arizona here in Vegas. Much better than the Texas game.

Comment

• About time the Ducks did something. I'm glad to see Andy Ludwig doing his best to keep his former employer in the game.
                  As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Cal players faking injuries to slow down the Ducks no huddle.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                      Cal players faking injuries to slow down the Ducks no huddle.
                      A brilliant tactic against this Oregon team. Its shady but what else you gonna do to slow them down?

Comment

• Whew is all you can say after a game like that. I have been telling my buddies for a couple of weeks that I just hate when the Ducks play at Cal, they seem to be snake bitten there.

Tonight was a game ball for the D, they dominated Cal and didn't allow them to do anything all night. Rumors of LMJ on crutches and in a boot after the game, I've seen this play before. Hopefully a bye before the Zoo which is falling apart will get things together.

10-0 for the first time ever!
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

• Did anyone catch the pregame show for Oregon vs. Cal? I don't know the guy's name but he was saying "now I know Ducks aren't supposed to fly but this is one duck who can...." and later he marvels again "hard to believe but he's a duck that can fly". I backed it up and watched it again and I'm nearly 100% certain that he really didn't know that ducks can fly.

Comment

• Oregon is now a victim of it's own success. Winning is no longer enough for some fans, media, etc. They have to win big or else it is a failure.

A good place to be, no doubt, but also annoying.

Take the win any way you can get it. Sometimes you just have to escape to play another day.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• You need asterisk by your last statement DDD, that only applies to BCS teams, if TCU wins a semi close game against SDSU(SDSU never had the ball with a chance to take the lead) they get multiple segments of sportscenter devoted to how this kills their NC chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                Oregon is now a victim of it's own success. Winning is no longer enough for some fans, media, etc. They have to win big or else it is a failure.

A good place to be, no doubt, but also annoying.

Take the win any way you can get it. Sometimes you just have to escape to play another day.
                                This is very true. It is so hard to run the table in college football. Get the win any way you can get it. There are going to be weeks when you might not play as well as others. Some people tend to forget that these teams are made up of 19 to 23 year old men. These guys are still immature, young and have emotions. I don't think anyone should be looking into Oregon's and TCU's performance yesterday.
                                "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Working...
                                X