The Independent Expansion Groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • beefytee
    Board eye candy
    • Mar 2009
    • 7542

    #2386
    Also. WCC just tweeted that they need a new look. Hopefully it is better than the new MW.

    I also went to http://wccsports.com and see a countdown clock to the day when BYU joins the conference. Couldn't find anything similar on the pac10 site.
    Last edited by beefytee; 06-08-2011, 09:40 AM.

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #2387
      Originally posted by beefytee View Post
      Also. WCC just tweeted that they need a new look. Hopefully it is better than the new MW.

      I also went to http://wccsports.com and see a countdown clock to the day when BYU joins the conference. Couldn't find anything similar on the pac10 site.
      The WCC could use a new logo. Their old one is straight out of '85.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • Joe Public
        8.1 YPC
        • Apr 2011
        • 8530

        #2388
        Originally posted by beefytee View Post
        Also. WCC just tweeted that they need a new look. Hopefully it is better than the new MW.

        I also went to http://wccsports.com and see a countdown clock to the day when BYU joins the conference. Couldn't find anything similar on the pac10 site.
        Part of me likes that the conference is excited to have BYU. The other part of me thinks this speaks to the relative prestige of the company each team will be keeping in their respective new leagues.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

        "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

        Comment

        • kccougar
          9262
          • Nov 2008
          • 7020

          #2389
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          The WCC could use a new logo. Their old one is straight out of '85.
          Maybe something like this...

          Last edited by kccougar; 06-08-2011, 11:53 AM. Reason: EDIT. For any WCC lurkers, j/k. I'm looking forward to new WCC associations.
          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

          Comment

          • byu71
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22070

            #2390
            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            telling ESPN that you dont go to games on Sunday and then showing up one less than 2 weeks later...yeah, same thing.
            You never need any back up, but I get what you are saying and agree. Larry Miller was awesome, I loved his book

            That being said, my saying his letting us know his position on the Jazz, the playoffs and his religion wasn't one of those things that impressed me. What really is the difference in standing in the hall way and sitting on the front. OK, you give up great seats in order to not be on camera watching the game.

            Let me remind all again. Miller was an awesome guy IMHO. Attending Jazz games during the finals wouldn't have lessened his awesomeness in my mind one little bit. I am not going to be bugged when Jimmer doesn't sit out the Sunday games during the finals.

            Comment

            • myboynoah
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 21719

              #2391
              So, BYU-Hawaii will be on ESPN2.

              BYU football: BYU, Hawaii game to be aired on ESPN2

              That makes 7 of 12 games on ESPN or ESPN2 already.

              Not bad and a far cry from the Tuesday/Wednesday evening ESPNU or worse so many dumb-dumb anti-BYU fans were predicting.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

              For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

              Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

              Comment

              • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                Time to camp
                • Nov 2008
                • 26082

                #2392
                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                The WCC could use a new logo. Their old one is straight out of '85.
                The just need to add a state of Utah between the E and S of West and a dot around Provo. I dig the WCC logo.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #2393
                  Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  The just need to add a state of Utah between the E and S of West and a dot around Provo. I dig the WCC logo.
                  After looking at it more I agree with you. I like the retro look. And I also dig the big ass star marking Provo.
                  Last edited by Surfah; 06-09-2011, 07:03 AM.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • TripletDaddy
                    sweet triple
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 58186

                    #2394
                    I like how the ST in "West Coast" looks like the ST in "Star Wars"
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Babs
                      Not a Lawyer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 17128

                      #2395
                      Please tell me that's not really their logo.

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #2396
                        Originally posted by Babs View Post
                        Please tell me that's not really their logo.
                        It is, sans the big star.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • YOhio
                          Hipster Mode
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26165

                          #2397
                          Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          Please tell me that's not really their logo.
                          It's not. Our real logo doesn't have the big star in the W.

                          Comment

                          • Babs
                            Not a Lawyer
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 17128

                            #2398
                            Where are our resident graphic artists? I don't know anything about graphic design, but if there are any rules, I'd swear that logo breaks all of them.

                            Comment

                            • TripletDaddy
                              sweet triple
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 58186

                              #2399
                              Originally posted by Babs View Post
                              Where are our resident graphic artists? I don't know anything about graphic design, but if there are any rules, I'd swear that logo breaks all of them.
                              Next.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • kccougar
                                9262
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7020

                                #2400
                                http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...tml?id=7014480

                                Does anyone know who BYUTANK is? From his past tweets I think he may be the unofficial outlet for the AD office when they want to start a buzz.
                                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                                Comment

                                Working...