WE ARE THE PAC 12!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • OrangeUte
    Max Hall hates me.
    • Nov 2008
    • 2294

    #16
    Originally posted by landpoke View Post
    Meh, I've never felt much either way about Utah. If CSU were leaving I'd be full of spite and malice and my days would be consumed by a black, bilious rage. With Utah I've never been able to muster that. Sure we played a few games (80+ I believe) but for the majority of the time that I've been conscious of utah they sucked and thus were a non-entity. Even with their recent success I haven't been able to shake the blah feeling I have toward them. In short utah has been someone you played a couple times a year but otherwise not someone you wasted much thought or energy on, like UNLV or SDSU. And their inclusion in the pac-12 has only served to strengthen that feeling.

    That being said I've enjoyed, for the most part, my interactions with ute fans. But there's plenty of other opponents out there to banter with so no loss.
    okay - this made the sadness go away about leaving wyoming... :-)

    i cannot wait for the PAC 12 BABY!!!!!!!

    Comment

    • landpoke
      Never once baby snatched
      • Nov 2008
      • 4183

      #17
      Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
      In other words, they're Wyoming to you.
      I can see where Wyoming might elicit that response from some folks. I can see where every team in America might elicit that response from some folks. I have absolutely no emotional response to everyone in the Big East, Sun Belt, Big 12, Big 10, MAC, Conference USA, ACC, SEC, WAC, most of the PAC-10 and the various independents. I say most of the PAC-10 because I'm marginally an OSU fan for familial reasons.
      There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

      Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

      Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
      Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
      …
      Tomorrow is Saturday
      And Sunday comes afterwards

      Comment

      • wally
        <><><><><><><><>
        • Jun 2010
        • 4137

        #18
        Originally posted by landpoke View Post
        I can see where Wyoming might elicit that response from some folks. I can see where every team in America might elicit that response from some folks. I have absolutely no emotional response to everyone in the Big East, Sun Belt, Big 12, Big 10, MAC, Conference USA, ACC, SEC, WAC, most of the PAC-10 and the various independents. I say most of the PAC-10 because I'm marginally an OSU fan for familial reasons.
        I thought that's what urine-bombs were for, so that they remember you next time.

        Comment

        • LA Ute
          Receiver of Memory
          • Nov 2008
          • 19512

          #19
          Originally posted by landpoke View Post
          Meh, I've never felt much either way about Utah. If CSU were leaving I'd be full of spite and malice and my days would be consumed by a black, bilious rage. With Utah I've never been able to muster that. Sure we played a few games (80+ I believe) but for the majority of the time that I've been conscious of utah they sucked and thus were a non-entity. Even with their recent success I haven't been able to shake the blah feeling I have toward them. In short utah has been someone you played a couple times a year but otherwise not someone you wasted much thought or energy on, like UNLV or SDSU. And their inclusion in the pac-12 has only served to strengthen that feeling.
          That this has been the Wyoming approach to the Utes seems obvious from the series record: Utah leads 50-31.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden


          "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


          "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

          Comment

          • landpoke
            Never once baby snatched
            • Nov 2008
            • 4183

            #20
            Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
            That this has been the Wyoming approach to the Utes seems obvious from the series record: Utah leads 50-31.
            Since I've framed the debate, and my neutrality towards utah, around my lifetime, the overall record is 16-22 in Utah's favor with Utah's advantage coming well outside my formative years.

            It's also interesting to note that if you take out the background noise (aka the pre-WWII leather helmet era) the two are dead even. Which is about as neutral as you can get. I'd never actually looked at that until you mentioned it.
            There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

            Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

            Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
            Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
            …
            Tomorrow is Saturday
            And Sunday comes afterwards

            Comment

            • SeattleUte
              Faith crisis consultant
              • Nov 2008
              • 20837

              #21
              Originally posted by landpoke View Post
              Adios.
              landpoke, it's just business.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

              --Jonathan Swift

              Comment

              • LA Ute
                Receiver of Memory
                • Nov 2008
                • 19512

                #22
                Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                Since I've framed the debate, and my neutrality towards utah, around my lifetime, the overall record is 16-22 in Utah's favor with Utah's advantage coming well outside my formative years.

                It's also interesting to note that if you take out the background noise (aka the pre-WWII leather helmet era) the two are dead even. Which is about as neutral as you can get. I'd never actually looked at that until you mentioned it.
                Fair enough. I do have a hunch, however, that if you look at the record over the last 20 years Utah will be pretty significantly on top. But I don't know. And despite your heartless attitude toward Utah, I want you to know I always cared deeply about Wyoming. Last Christmas I went out of my way to chat up a guy who was wearing Wyoming gear and picking up pies at a Salt Lake Marie Callender's. I congratulated him on Wyo's bowl win and the improvement in its program. He seemed like a great guy. (That wasn't you, was it?)
                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                ― W.H. Auden


                "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                Comment

                • landpoke
                  Never once baby snatched
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4183

                  #23
                  Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                  landpoke, it's just business.
                  Would you prefer vaya con dios? I understand that as it stands today college football is amateur in name only and thus why Utah is jumping. I guess I will contradict myself a bit and say I do think the jump is a pity as I believe you're losing far more than you're gaining. Then again most ute fans won't see it that way as you can't put a dollar amount on what is lost.

                  Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                  Fair enough. I do have a hunch, however, that if you look at the record over the last 20 years Utah will be pretty significantly on top. But I don't know. And despite your heartless attitude toward Utah, I want you to know I always cared deeply about Wyoming. Last Christmas I went out of my way to chat up a guy who was wearing Wyoming gear and picking up pies at a Salt Lake Marie Callender's. I congratulated him on Wyo's bowl win and the improvement in its program. He seemed like a great guy. (That wasn't you, was it?)
                  5 and 13 in Utah's favor. I suppose I should stop this line of reasoning lest I be accused of maintaining a zoobish consistency.

                  I don't believe I've ever been to a Marie Callender's, let alone one in Salt Lake City. Was the guy from Pinedale by chance? I know a Poke fan from Pinedale who lives there.
                  There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

                  Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

                  Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                  Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
                  …
                  Tomorrow is Saturday
                  And Sunday comes afterwards

                  Comment

                  • LA Ute
                    Receiver of Memory
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19512

                    #24
                    Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                    Would you prefer vaya con dios? I understand that as it stands today college football is amateur in name only and thus why Utah is jumping. I guess I will contradict myself a bit and say I do think the jump is a pity as I believe you're losing far more than you're gaining. Then again most ute fans won't see it that way as you can't put a dollar amount on what is lost.



                    5 and 13 in Utah's favor. I suppose I should stop this line of reasoning lest I be accused of maintaining a zoobish consistency.

                    I don't believe I've ever been to a Marie Callender's, let alone one in Salt Lake City. Was the guy from Pinedale by chance? I know a Poke fan from Pinedale who lives there.
                    Oh, well. He and I had a nice talk. I always enjoy talking with people from other schools in my conference after they've won a bowl game.
                    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                    ― W.H. Auden


                    "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                    Comment

                    • YOhio
                      Hipster Mode
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 26165

                      #25
                      Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                      Would you prefer vaya con dios? I understand that as it stands today college football is amateur in name only and thus why Utah is jumping. I guess I will contradict myself a bit and say I do think the jump is a pity as I believe you're losing far more than you're gaining. Then again most ute fans won't see it that way as you can't put a dollar amount on what is lost.
                      I hate 'em too landpoke. Nouveau riche are the worst.

                      Comment

                      • landpoke
                        Never once baby snatched
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 4183

                        #26
                        Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        I hate 'em too landpoke. Nouveau riche are the worst.
                        They're just vulgar. Matching Gucci track suits? Really?
                        There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

                        Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

                        Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                        Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
                        …
                        Tomorrow is Saturday
                        And Sunday comes afterwards

                        Comment

                        • LA Ute
                          Receiver of Memory
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 19512

                          #27
                          Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          I hate 'em too landpoke. Nouveau riche are the worst.
                          YO, if you can be just a little bit nice to me I will let you sit next to me in RES when Utah plays a PAC-10 team. I'll even let you eat some of my popcorn. Would that be fun for you?
                          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                          ― W.H. Auden


                          "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                          "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                          Comment

                          • SeattleUte
                            Faith crisis consultant
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 20837

                            #28
                            Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                            They're just vulgar. Matching Gucci track suits? Really?
                            lol nominate for cuffie. (who's keeping track of these?) landpoke and YOhio teaming up to roast Utefans as gross nouveau riche. It doesn't get any better than this (since 3D left).
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                            --Jonathan Swift

                            Comment

                            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                              Time to camp
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 26082

                              #29
                              Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                              I can see where Wyoming might elicit that response from some folks. I can see where every team in America might elicit that response from some folks. I have absolutely no emotional response to everyone in the Big East, Sun Belt, Big 12, Big 10, MAC, Conference USA, ACC, SEC, WAC, most of the PAC-10 and the various independents. I say most of the PAC-10 because I'm marginally an OSU fan for familial reasons.
                              A deep and abiding familial love of sheep.
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

                              Comment

                              • YOhio
                                Hipster Mode
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 26165

                                #30
                                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                A deep and abiding familial love of sheep.
                                Wyoming sheep f#*&er jokes stopped being funny some time ago.

                                Comment

                                Working...