Morgan Scalley as Next BYU Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan Scalley as Next BYU Head Coach

I think Sitake gets an offer at a P5 university if the cougs have a decent season this year. Since Scalley is no longer HC in waiting at the U, do you think he accepts the BYU job?

My money is on Andy Reid being the next HC... and when that happens K-Whit will be bagging to be his DC.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry “Moose” Stubing View Post
      I think Sitake gets an offer at a P5 university if the cougs have a decent season this year. Since Scalley is no longer HC in waiting at the U, do you think he accepts the BYU job?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Scally could be BYU's first black head coach. That would be cool.

Comment

No way! I hate that prick!!

Comment

His stock is probably going to tank after BYU drops 70 points on his D

Comment

Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
              No way! I hate that prick!!
              Took the words right out of my mouth. No way that prick becomes BYU's HC.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                Scally could be BYU's first black head coach. That would be cool.
                I thought Scalley hated black people. Didn’t realize he was black.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I thought Scalley hated black people. Didn’t realize he was black.
                  I figured he must be to say what he said and still have a job.

Comment

I didn't hear of anyone coming after Sitake after this year, it would have to be a pretty remarkable year for BYU to lose him. I like Sitake and hope he does well but I don't see him leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                      I didn't hear of anyone coming after Sitake after this year, it would have to be a pretty remarkable year for BYU to lose him. I like Sitake and hope he does well but I don't see him leaving.
                      Local sports radio (DJ & PK) were talking about Sitake this morning - essentially comparing Sitake's situation to Pope's.

As they describe it - Sitake had a great season his first year, then a couple of less great seasons, and had to wait until he was on the last year of his contract to get a minor extension. There was some understanding - the first year was with Bronco's recruits. So there's an element of not wanting to give him a long-term contract until he proves he can recruit and coach and maintain a program.

Then there's Pope. Pope had a decent 1st year, and then was extended an additional 7 years before the 2nd season even started.

I haven't researched this - just assuming what they said is true.

It wasn't real clear - but it sounded like some of the football coaches were watching and noticed the love Pope got after just one year compared to Sitake, and there was speculation as to how they feel about that, if they have a sense of lack of loyalty and might want to move on if they have another good year since BYU isn't showing football the same level of love they're showing basketball.

To his credit - PK simply said if it was him, and they threw some money at him - increasing his salary and extending his contract - he can be super forgiving. He suggested that the football coaches are likely the same.

I think this is still Sitake's dream job. I could be wrong, but I don't think he's looking to go elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post

Local sports radio (DJ & PK) were talking about Sitake this morning - essentially comparing Sitake's situation to Pope's.

As they describe it - Sitake had a great season his first year, then a couple of less great seasons, and had to wait until he was on the last year of his contract to get a minor extension. There was some understanding - the first year was with Bronco's recruits. So there's an element of not wanting to give him a long-term contract until he proves he can recruit and coach and maintain a program.

Then there's Pope. Pope had a decent 1st year, and then was extended an additional 7 years before the 2nd season even started.

It wasn't real clear - but it sounded like some of the football coaches were watching and noticed the love Pope got after just one year compared to Sitake, and there was speculation as to how they feel about that, if they have a sense of lack of loyalty and might want to move on if they have another good year since BYU isn't showing football the same level of love they're showing basketball.

To his credit - PK simply said if it was him, and they threw some money at him - increasing his salary and extending his contract - he can be super forgiving. He suggested that the football coaches are likely the same.

I think this is still Sitake's dream job. I could be wrong, but I don't think he's looking to go elsewhere.
                        Football gets ALL the love when they overachieve. In my opinion they are under a microscope compared to the magnifying glass basketball is under. Nobody thought Pope would shine the way he did right from the jump and he was getting immediate attention from bigger programs. BYU did what it had to do to lock it down. Last year was great for football, but Kalani isn't going to get credit for trouncing a back-up schedule with one of the greatest cougar offenses of all time. He'll get his due.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post

Nah, has to be racism. That's the only possible explanation.

Comment

Sitake has pretty much sucked except for last year with an easy schedule and the #2 draft pick. This year will be interesting.

Comment

BYU fans will be calling for his job again soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X