2010 BYU Football Previews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 BYU Football Previews

Let's start this thread off with this one...

BYU Cougars Preview 2010

With four straight ten-win seasons, the Cougars have been terrific highlighted by an opening day win over Oklahoma last year, a victory over arch-rival Utah last season, and with wins in three of the last four Las Vegas Bowls. Can this year’s team get out of Las Vegas and into a stronger bowl? Yes, if it can find answers in four key areas.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

All I can say is...finally.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Pete is really optimistic.
      *Banned*

Comment

Riches to Rags: 10 College Football Teams That Will Suffer A Letdown in 2010

BYU has work to do to find replacements for the playmakers they saw depart.

2010 Regular Season Prediction: 9-3
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

These are all optimistic predictions. I say BYU is probably 8-4 to 7-5 this year. Right now I think the Washington game could go either way (I hope all the hype Locker is getting backfires on them). FSU could be ugly again. TCU and Utah will be tough. Maybe someone else sneaks up on us.

Comment

Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
            These are all optimistic predictions. I say BYU is probably 8-4 to 7-5 this year. Right now I think the Washington game could go either way (I hope all the hype Locker is getting backfires on them). FSU could be ugly again. TCU and Utah will be tough. Maybe someone else sneaks up on us.
            I don''t get all this Utah love for their team this year, no doubt they will be good but some people are talking like they will be close to TCU. Utah lost quite a few good players last year on both sides of the ball, they will be a good but not great team. That is a game we have a decent shot of winning imo.
            "Not at the table Carlos"

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal Cougar View Post
              I don''t get all this Utah love for their team this year, no doubt they will be good but some people are talking like they will be close to TCU. Utah lost quite a few good players last year on both sides of the ball, they will be a good but not great team. That is a game we have a decent shot of winning imo.
              BYU lost more key players. I'm done underestimating Utah. BYU always has the potential to win that game because its a rivalry. Utah is sitting a lot better than BYU this year. Maybe I'm wrong and once the season starts they unravel a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                BYU lost more key players. I'm done underestimating Utah. BYU always has the potential to win that game because its a rivalry. Utah is sitting a lot better than BYU this year. Maybe I'm wrong and once the season starts they unravel a bit.
                We did lose more, but not so much more that it makes Utah a very clear favorite. I don't think I am underestimating them, they will be a good team and it will be a tough game.
                Last edited by Bengal Cougar; 06-30-2010, 11:45 AM.
                "Not at the table Carlos"

Comment

Working...
                X