BYU delusion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SeattleUte
    Faith crisis consultant
    • Nov 2008
    • 20837

    #16
    Originally posted by camleish View Post
    shit, i agree with you.
    It's sad to see a guy like YLife, once so brimming with false pride, reduced to this. Groveling for a hit, a fleeting fix of elation like a junkie. And just getting kicked in the teeth and thrown into an alley. How sad.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift

    Comment

    • SeattleUte
      Faith crisis consultant
      • Nov 2008
      • 20837

      #17
      Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
      So, you're finally admitting that it's about religious bigotry.
      Was it bigotry when BYU kicked Unga out of school? It's not bigotry. It's values. Guess what. Some good peolpe's values are different than yours. Some good people don't care for your values. They think they're screwed up. I know it's hard to hear that. But it's true!
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

      --Jonathan Swift

      Comment

      • il Padrino Ute
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 19161

        #18
        Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Was it bigotry when BYU kicked Unga out of school? It's not bigotry. It's values. Guess what. Some good peolpe's values are different than yours. Some good people don't care for your values. They think they're screwed up. I know it's hard to hear that. But it's true!
        We know you think Mormons are screwed up because you never shut up about it.

        There is nothing wrong with having a set of values that are different than mine. I've never had a problem with that.
        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

        Comment

        • YOhio
          Hipster Mode
          • Nov 2008
          • 26165

          #19
          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          It's about the culture, stupid. (I'm not calling you guys (and gal) stupid; it's an allusion to George Stephanopolis' slogan during the first Clinton election )
          James Carville. He was the brilliant mind behind that statement. Truly one of the best summations of American political concerns ever made.

          Comment

          • SeattleUte
            Faith crisis consultant
            • Nov 2008
            • 20837

            #20
            Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
            We know you think Mormons are screwed up because you never shut up about it.

            There is nothing wrong with having a set of values that are different than mine. I've never had a problem with that.
            I am not talking about my values or preceptions.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

            --Jonathan Swift

            Comment

            • il Padrino Ute
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 19161

              #21
              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              I am not talking about my values or preceptions.
              Well, you're talking about your perception of the LDS values, no?

              SU, I'm just saying that because you say something it doesn't necessarily make it so for anyone other than yourself.
              "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


              "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

              Comment

              • SeattleUte
                Faith crisis consultant
                • Nov 2008
                • 20837

                #22
                Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                Well, you're talking about your perception of the LDS values, no?

                SU, I'm just saying that because you say something it doesn't necessarily make it so for anyone other than yourself.
                It seems as though you think that anyone who disagrees with your values is a bigot. We'll have to agree to disagree.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                --Jonathan Swift

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #23
                  Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  James Carville. He was the brilliant mind behind that statement. Truly one of the best summations of American political concerns ever made.
                  Damn! I was going to say Carville but opted for the chipmunk at the last second.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • il Padrino Ute
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19161

                    #24
                    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    It seems as though you think that anyone who disagrees with your values is a bigot. We'll have to agree to disagree.
                    And it seems that anyone who disagrees with your values is an uneducated rube.

                    We can agree to disagree. That's all good.
                    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                    Comment

                    • Uncle Ted
                      The Big 12 money shot.
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 28853

                      #25
                      Another post by YLife on OrangeBloods today. I think YLife is in the bargaining stage of the grief cycle...

                      MWC will soon be a BCS Conference

                      The window is closing for the Big 12 to add BYU.

                      As a BYU fan, I'd rather see the Cougars in the Big 12, but if the MWC gains AQ status, BYU may not choose to go to the Big 12 later on.

                      But it may be working. Longhorn fans are warming up to BYU...

                      You guys are rough. Watching OU fall all over themselves to take it in their sooner magic shorts from the guys with the real magic underwear was one of the highlights of 2009 (if not the past decade).
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      Working...