Winners: Utah, Colorado, Larry Scott (Pac 10), Texas

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SeattleUte
    Faith crisis consultant
    • Nov 2008
    • 20837

    #1

    Winners: Utah, Colorado, Larry Scott (Pac 10), Texas

    "Utah for Boise not an even trade..." Nebraska a loser

    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69746

    #2
    Cherry picking your articles I see.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #3
      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      "Utah for Boise not an even trade..." Nebraska a loser

      http://blogs.mercurynews.com/college...onrealignment/
      In football they are. But that's it.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • MarkGrace
        Grooveshark dick tease
        • Dec 2008
        • 31546

        #4
        Is Boise St. worse than Utah in hoop? I didn't know they were that bad.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

        Comment

        • Surfah
          Where's Wallace?
          • Nov 2008
          • 33726

          #5
          Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          Is Boise St. worse than Utah in hoop? I didn't know they were that bad.
          You have a point since Boise beat us in hoops last time we played.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

          Comment

          • SeattleUte
            Faith crisis consultant
            • Nov 2008
            • 20837

            #6
            Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            Is Boise St. worse than Utah in hoop? I didn't know they were that bad.
            Sad.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

            --Jonathan Swift

            Comment

            • Lost Student
              BAND!
              • Nov 2008
              • 4324

              #7
              Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              You have a point since Boise beat us in hoops last time we played.
              Is this true? I thought that we finally beat them the last time we played.
              "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
              "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
              This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
              "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
              "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

              Comment

              • creekster
                It is NOT a monkey!
                • Nov 2008
                • 22661

                #8
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                Sad.
                You think so? While you might be able to lay down a thick trail of conference quality smack right now the fact is the U's teams must still win on the field and court for it to matter. I am sure the losers in the pac-10 every year take great comfort in the knowledge that they are a really forward thinking group of schools. You should try to come up with some cheers based on this idea. If you start now you might actually be able to convince yourself by football season that this issue matters once the games start.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                Comment

                • Lost Student
                  BAND!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 4324

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Lost_Student View Post
                  Is this true? I thought that we finally beat them the last time we played.
                  Looks like I was almost correct. BYU didn't just beat BSU. BYU clown-monkey-stomped BSU 94-56.

                  [ame="http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=283450252"]Boise State Broncos vs. Brigham Young Cougars - Recap - December 10, 2008 - ESPN[/ame]


                  Edit: Since BYU only beat Utah by 20 points last time the teams met and beat BSU by almost 40 points, Utah is 20 points better than BSU.
                  Last edited by Lost Student; 06-22-2010, 05:24 PM.
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                  Comment

                  • SeattleUte
                    Faith crisis consultant
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 20837

                    #10
                    Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    You think so? While you might be able to lay down a thick trail of conference quality smack right now the fact is the U's teams must still win on the field and court for it to matter. I am sure the losers in the pac-10 every year take great comfort in the knowledge that they are a really forward thinking group of schools. You should try to come up with some cheers based on this idea. If you start now you might actually be able to convince yourself by football season that this issue matters once the games start.
                    Conference worthiness smack is so lame.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                    --Jonathan Swift

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Lost_Student View Post
                      Looks like I was almost correct. BYU didn't just beat BSU. BYU clown-monkey-stomped BSU 94-56.

                      Boise State Broncos vs. Brigham Young Cougars - Recap - December 10, 2008 - ESPN


                      Edit: Since BYU only beat Utah by 20 points last time the teams met and beat BSU by almost 40 points, Utah is 20 points better than BSU.
                      BYU doesn't have a respectable basketball tradition. It just doesn't. One NCAA playoff win against a bad Florida team doesn't make a tradition. You're already in decline after your short uptick.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • Lost Student
                        BAND!
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 4324

                        #12
                        Decline? Let me ask you this: what do you thing Utah's record against BYU will be next year?
                        "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                        "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                        This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                        "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                        "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                        Comment

                        • SeattleUte
                          Faith crisis consultant
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 20837

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Lost_Student View Post
                          Decline? Let me ask you this: what do you thing Utah's record against BYU will be next year?
                          I think you guys are toast after Jimmer leaves, unless you are lucky enough to get another Jimmer. Even Jimmer was kind of a fluke. He wasn't highly rated or heavily recruited. BYU has not shown the ability to consistently recruit at even a high mid-major level. Its recruiting lists are a joke every year, except for a local Utah county hot shot or two, that is basically high to mid mid-major rated. I will say this, Rose seems to be able to pull players who can compete at least in the MWC out of his ear. No one ever heard of Michael Loyd. He was recruited by Big Sky schools. We'll see how long Rose can keep this up. I think BYU's ability to recruit non-LDS kids from the urban basketball hotbeds is almost nil.

                          Still you to judge progams over 10-20 year periods. BYU really doesn't have a tradition that can hold a candle to Utah's.
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                          --Jonathan Swift

                          Comment

                          • Lost Student
                            BAND!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 4324

                            #14
                            Respectable basketball "tradition" smack is so lame.
                            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

                            Comment

                            • FMCoug
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 6825

                              #15
                              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              I think you guys are toast after Jimmer leaves, unless you are lucky enough to get another Jimmer. Even Jimmer was kind of a fluke. He wasn't highly rated or heavily recruited. BYU has not shown the ability to consistently recruit at even a high mid-major level. Its recruiting lists are a joke every year, except for a local Utah county hot shot or two, that is basically high to mid mid-major rated. I will say this, Rose seems to be able to pull players who can compete at least in the MWC out of his ear. No one ever heard of Michael Loyd. He was recruited by Big Sky schools. We'll see how long Rose can keep this up. I think BYU's ability to recruit non-LDS kids from the urban basketball hotbeds is almost nil.
                              We're hoping Mike Waters still has eligibility.
                              "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                              Comment

                              Working...