The Big 12 expansion groundswell

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #2701
    Dan Wetzel: SEC should also take TCU...

    That leaves the SEC with 13 teams and desperately in need of either one or three more programs. The contenders have been bandied about, everywhere from Missouri to Virginia Tech to North Carolina.

    All fine candidates, but first don’t leave Texas without grabbing another – this time Texas Christian.

    Unlikely? Sure. Am I the only one who sees it? Probably. Is TCU a perfect choice? Of course it’s not, but unless Oklahoma changes its mind, who is perfect?

    If you’re going to go with less than perfect, then why not do it in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, an area of recruiting perfection in which your schools are already desperately trying to establish a foothold?

    Expansion is either about adding a powerhouse program whose presence immediately lifts the entire league or it’s about location, location, location, getting into a place that can aid everyone.

    It’s one or the other.

    The SEC has the luxury of not needing another Cadillac program. It’s won the last five BCS titles, courtesy of four different schools.

    It’s got more than its fair share of national contenders.

    What it needs is more recruiting ground, more big media markets, more places to spread out and tap into. It needs teams that bring more than just championship potential to the table.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37992

      #2702
      Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
      Luckily, working close to the stadium, I was able to run over there and snap a pic!,

      I like to think that the different color markers represent the different decision-makers at the meeting. Everyone's trying to bring up relevant points to justify their presence.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • TripletDaddy
        sweet triple
        • Nov 2008
        • 58186

        #2703
        This could be something or it could be nothing at all, but I just saw folks setting up this BYU pop-up tent right across from the Gateway. For those that are unfamiliar with the local geography, this location is also a few mere blocks from the COB. And it is almost 3PM.

        Something brewing?

        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

        sigpic

        Comment

        • MarkGrace
          Grooveshark dick tease
          • Dec 2008
          • 31546

          #2704
          What is the COB?
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

          Comment

          • YOhio
            Hipster Mode
            • Nov 2008
            • 26165

            #2705
            Hey guys. I haven't heard anything recently. I'll make a few calls and let you know if I hear anything more.

            Comment

            • kccougar
              9262
              • Nov 2008
              • 7020

              #2706
              Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
              Luckily, working close to the stadium, I was able to run over there and snap a pic!,

              This needs to be posted on Cougarboard.
              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

              Comment

              • smokymountainrain
                Impressive Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22593

                #2707
                Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                What is the COB?
                Church office building
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #2708
                  Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                  What is the COB?
                  The Church Office Building. LDSHQ.

                  It is located a few mere blocks from that BYU pop-up tent.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Blueintheface
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 15382

                    #2709
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    This could be something or it could be nothing at all, but I just saw folks setting up this BYU pop-up tent right across from the Gateway. For those that are unfamiliar with the local geography, this location is also a few mere blocks from the COB. And it is almost 3PM.

                    Something brewing?
                    I'm guessing it's Jazz fans who also happen to be BYU fans. They're waiting outside the ESA until this thing gets resolved.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                    Comment

                    • Jeff Lebowski
                      Corporate lackey for Jesus
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 69722

                      #2710
                      Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      Hey guys. I haven't heard anything recently. I'll make a few calls and let you know if I hear anything more.
                      You should tweet this.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                      Comment

                      • Flystripper
                        Degenerate Gambler
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14094

                        #2711
                        Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                        This needs to be posted on Cougarboard.
                        If you tweet it SU will pee his pants.
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

                        Comment

                        • TripletDaddy
                          sweet triple
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 58186

                          #2712
                          Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                          I'm guessing it's Jazz fans who also happen to be BYU fans. They're waiting outside the ESA until this thing gets resolved.
                          lol. That is a definite negative. Nobody is hanging around outside the ESA right now. It is rare to ever see anyone hanging around that building unless the Lakers or Heat are in town.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • Flystripper
                            Degenerate Gambler
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 14094

                            #2713
                            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            You should tweet this.
                            bah!
                            Dyslexics are teople poo...

                            Comment

                            • Blueintheface
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 15382

                              #2714
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              lol. That is a definite negative. Nobody is hanging around outside the ESA right now. It is rare to ever see anyone hanging around that building unless the Lakers or Heat are in town.
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                              Comment

                              • SteelBlue
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 8189

                                #2715
                                Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                This could be something or it could be nothing at all, but I just saw folks setting up this BYU pop-up tent right across from the Gateway. For those that are unfamiliar with the local geography, this location is also a few mere blocks from the COB. And it is almost 3PM.

                                Something brewing?

                                Edit: Nevermind. Need to read the whole thread before I post.

                                Comment

                                Working...