Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    From that article..

Somebody help me out here-- how much does BYU make per game w its current ESPN deal?
    Not sure it has ever been made public, but the general consensus is roughly $8M per year, IIRC.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• That's kind of how I remembered it. I can see ESPN's point of view- they don't want no scrubs- imagine having to shell out millions you'll never see in order to broadcast Memphis and Houston games. If it was just adding BYU and another team with eyeballs I'm not sure they would raise the same fuss.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Jake Trotter weighs in:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...vation-unclear
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Why should ESPN be the one to pay the golden ticket to G5 teams? BYU fits the P5 profile but that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Maybe this is why Fed Ex stepped up to bat for Memphis. Couldn't hurt, I guess.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I am guessing if ESPN has anything to do with it then UT and BYU will be in the same division...

:hookem: :big12:
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                Why should ESPN be the one to pay the golden ticket to G5 teams? BYU fits the P5 profile but that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Because it's in the contract they signed?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• They are just sending a message that they want remembered when the contract expires. My guess is they are ok with the B12 going to twelve but don't want to pay for the scrubs that are choices thirteen and fourteen. Hopefully BYU is in the top two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    I am guessing if ESPN has anything to do with it then UT and BYU will be in the same division...

:hookem: :big12:
                    That would mean BYU would play in the Texas division. Texas is in the top 6 with BYU student enrollment in a cluster with Washington, Arizona, and Idaho (after Utah and California). Would be nice to have three BYU games per season within driving distance to attend.
                    Last edited by Paperback Writer; 08-01-2016, 11:37 AM.
                    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• The Provo River Rivalry; we can play it at the Utah State Fairgrounds.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        The Provo River Rivalry; we can play it at the Utah State Fairgrounds.
                        According to my reading of Google Maps, the fairgrounds border the Jordan River. Also, looks like they haven't built the football stadium there, yet.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          According to my reading of Google Maps, the fairgrounds border the Jordan River. Also, looks like they haven't built the football stadium there, yet.
                          how can you get so hung up on details when the B12 announcement could come at any moment?
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                            That would mean BYU would play in the Texas division. Texas is in the top 6 with BYU student enrollment in a cluster with Washington, Arizona, and Idaho (after Utah and California). Would be nice to have three BYU games per season within driving distance to attend.
                            Yes, we can take your car.

Maybe the Big 12 can do West/East divisions...

West: BYU, Texas, Tech, OU, OSU, TCU
                            East: WVU, ISU, Baylor, KU, KState, UConn/Cincy/UH/???
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Yes, we can take your car.

Maybe the Big 12 can do West/East divisions...

West: BYU, Texas, Tech, OU, OSU, TCU
                              East: WVU, ISU, Baylor, KU, KState, UConn/Cincy/UH/???
                              OU and Texas will not want to be in the same division. They assume they will own the champioship game every year.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                OU and Texas will not want to be in the same division. They assume they will own the champioship game every year.
                                Yeah, they assumed some other things as well...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X