Unlike others...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • il Padrino Ute
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 19161

    #1

    Unlike others...

    when I am wrong, I am man enough to admit it. (Yes, I'm talking about you, SU).

    I was completely wrong when I said that the U would never get an invite to the PAC 10. Now that it's happened, I will gladly eat crow. I'll even let SU gloat about it and not post any retorts to anything nasty he may say about me.
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


    "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader
  • Flattop
    Many books, little time
    • Jun 2009
    • 1452

    #2
    See, I wouldn't have said never, I was just taking a wait and see approach. I waited, I saw, everything is great.
    Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
    Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
    Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37987

      #3
      You took the easy way out, IPU. You said that a very desireable thing would never happen. That way if it didn't, you wouldn't look like a fool. But if it did, you could rejoice with the rest.

      Maybe that was the smart way out.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • il Padrino Ute
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 19161

        #4
        Originally posted by falafel View Post
        You took the easy way out, IPU. You said that a very desireable thing would never happen. That way if it didn't, you wouldn't look like a fool. But if it did, you could rejoice with the rest.

        Maybe that was the smart way out.
        Pessimists are never disappointed.
        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

        Comment

        • mUUser
          Giggity
          • Jul 2009
          • 1142

          #5
          I didn't say NEVER, but I thought it unlikely.

          Just texted my buddy who's son graduated from HS and asked if he was going to PAC-10 powerhouse Utah. Felt good to say it.

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #6


            Click on image.
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • LA Ute
              Receiver of Memory
              • Nov 2008
              • 19512

              #7
              I said I'd believe it when I saw it. Well, I've seen it.
              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
              ― W.H. Auden


              "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


              "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

              Comment

              • Hallelujah
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 2741

                #8
                Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                Pessimists are never disappointed.
                Excellent guideline. Under estimate and over deliver (Utah) vs. over estimate and under deliver (Larry Scott).

                Comment

                Working...