No announcement yet.

Why will Utah be better than ASU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are eager for the opportunity to see what we can do. That's about all I can say as a Utah fan.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

If I had to guess, I'd say Utah will enter the conference at about the level of an Oregon State. They'll pull off big wins every now and again, be competitive in some years, and even pull off a championship in the really good years where things just bounce their way. They'll typically be behind USC (though they may be on top of them for the next few years) and Oregon. A nascent Washington will probably surpass them, and UCLA may eventually pull themselves together to challenge them. I put them at slightly ahead of Cal, since they never seem to pull it all together.

Washington State and Stanford will be perpetually behind Utah. Arizona State and Arizona will take the place of New Mexico (and sometimes Air Force) as the inferior teams that somehow manage to steal away games from a superior Ute squad. Colorado will be a little unpredictable for the immediate future, as the excitement of a new tomorrow may or may not spark a little life in the Buffs, but they will likely fall between the middle and the bottom.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
        If I had to guess, I'd say Utah will enter the conference at about the level of an Oregon State. They'll pull off big wins every now and again, be competitive in some years, and even pull off a championship in the really good years where things just bounce their way. They'll typically be behind USC (though they may be on top of them for the next few years) and Oregon. A nascent Washington will probably surpass them, and UCLA may eventually pull themselves together to challenge them. I put them at slightly ahead of Cal, since they never seem to pull it all together.

Washington State and Stanford will be perpetually behind Utah. Arizona State and Arizona will take the place of New Mexico (and sometimes Air Force) as the inferior teams that somehow manage to steal away games from a superior Ute squad. Colorado will be a little unpredictable for the immediate future, as the excitement of a new tomorrow may or may not spark a little life in the Buffs, but they will likely fall between the middle and the bottom.
        And any Cougar fan would love to be in the same posiiton as Utah.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
          And any honest Cougar fan would love to be in the same posiiton as Utah.
          Fixed
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
            And any Cougar fan would love to be in the same posiiton as Utah.
            Babylon? No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
              Babylon? No thanks.
              Oh, Babylon! Oh, Babylon! We bid thee farewell! We're going to the Mountain West with Boise to dwell!
              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post

You do realize Oregon State finished 2nd in the Pac-10 4 years in a row right? They were also 1 game away from the Rosebowl in back to back seasons.
                *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                X