Bronco: Truly despicable

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
    Time to camp
    • Nov 2008
    • 26082

    #16
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Bronco cracks me up. Didn't he go to Oregon State as a player? What is he yammering about?
    Part of the reason he can never be completely trusted. I agree this comment is really stupid if true.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

    Comment

    • creekster
      It is NOT a monkey!
      • Nov 2008
      • 22661

      #17
      Itys just recruiting. I really dont see what is so inflammatory about it. He has only so much to sell at BYU compared to programs like USC and he has to sell it. I think he probably believes it at some level, too. I would prefer that he not mention USC, but I really don't se hwy this is so horrible.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

      Comment

      • SeattleUte
        Faith crisis consultant
        • Nov 2008
        • 20837

        #18
        Originally posted by creekster View Post
        He has only so much to sell at BYU compared to programs like USC and he has to sell it.
        Snake oil.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

        --Jonathan Swift

        Comment

        • cougjunkie
          *Banned*
          • Nov 2008
          • 23223

          #19
          That quote is fairly old and I actually think it was a shot at Uona Kaveinga. Who had committed to BYU and then backed out on signing day. It may have also been a warning to Manti as well who may have privately committed to BYU.
          *Banned*

          Comment

          • il Padrino Ute
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 19161

            #20
            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            That quote is fairly old and I actually think it was a shot at Uona Kaveinga. Who had committed to BYU and then backed out on signing day. It may have also been a warning to Manti as well who may have privately committed to BYU.
            If that's the case, it's even more amusing for me but it really doesn't reflect well on Mendenhall. Would he feel the same if a kid renegged on a commitment to another school to sign with BYU? And I'm not talking about Riley Nelson. I mean a kid still in high school.
            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #21
              Originally posted by creekster View Post
              Itys just recruiting. I really dont see what is so inflammatory about it. He has only so much to sell at BYU compared to programs like USC and he has to sell it. I think he probably believes it at some level, too. I would prefer that he not mention USC, but I really don't se hwy this is so horrible.
              I agree that ultimately it is a pretty harmless quote, but he should not be naming other schools specifically when talking about a recruit that is "making a mistake." Bad for PR purposes.

              It is one thing for Utah to tell its recruits privately that they will help beat "the team down South" or if BYU tells its guys face to face that they can help whip the Utes. It is another to tell the press, "I feel like X is making a mistake if he chooses a school like Utah." Just sounds weird.

              Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming. Nothing more to see here.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • Colly Wolly
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 1824

                #22
                The wicked take the truth to be hard.

                Comment

                Working...