Utah & BYU > Nebraska

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jay santos
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 13652

    #31
    Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Capacity for BSU is 33,600
    They're investing in facilities I think. I don't know what the planned new capacity is though.

    Comment

    • LiveCoug
      LA Ute loves me
      • Nov 2008
      • 18488

      #32
      Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      They're investing in facilities I think. I don't know what the planned new capacity is though.
      I've heard expansion to 50k, which would be great

      Comment

      • Babs
        Not a Lawyer
        • Nov 2008
        • 17128

        #33
        Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
        http://accreditation.okstate.edu/faq/osu.html



        Oh wait, you mean they aren't accredited by the same institution that accredits some other institution. It brings to mind The Rolling Stones' "can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke the same cigarettes as me" line.
        No, I meant that they weren't accredited by whatever institution the Pac10 keeps making a stink about. It's the AAU or something or other. I was too lazy to look it up but I was trying to parenthetically describe why the Pac10 was considering leaving out one of the Oklahoma teams.

        Comment

        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
          Time to camp
          • Nov 2008
          • 26082

          #34
          Originally posted by Babs View Post
          No, I meant that they weren't accredited by whatever institution the Pac10 keeps making a stink about. It's the AAU or something or other. I was too lazy to look it up but I was trying to parenthetically describe why the Pac10 was considering leaving out one of the Oklahoma teams.
          It is the B10 that is gaga for the AAU. I don't think the P10 is fascinated by it, though many P10 members are AAU members as well.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

          Comment

          • woot
            Resident Science Cop
            • Nov 2008
            • 5531

            #35
            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            It is the B10 that is gaga for the AAU. I don't think the P10 is fascinated by it, though many P10 members are AAU members as well.
            I'm sure the Pac10 would like to have all their schools be AAU members, but they're only at 7/10 right now so it would be hard to make a big deal out of it. The Big10 is 11/11 so they've got more motivation to keep it up, easy acceptance of an interested Notre Dame notwithstanding.

            Comment

            • SeattleUte
              Faith crisis consultant
              • Nov 2008
              • 20837

              #36
              Originally posted by Babs View Post
              No, I meant that they weren't accredited by whatever institution the Pac10 keeps making a stink about. It's the AAU or something or other. I was too lazy to look it up but I was trying to parenthetically describe why the Pac10 was considering leaving out one of the Oklahoma teams.
              Oklahoma isn't AAU either.

              A lot of good schools aren't. Dartmouth comes to mind. Frankly, some schools that aren't known as particularly great are.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

              --Jonathan Swift

              Comment

              • Babs
                Not a Lawyer
                • Nov 2008
                • 17128

                #37
                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                It is the B10 that is gaga for the AAU. I don't think the P10 is fascinated by it, though many P10 members are AAU members as well.
                well, I'm confused. I thought the Pac10 was saying the reason they didn't want Tech was that it wasn't AAU.

                Comment

                • SeattleUte
                  Faith crisis consultant
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 20837

                  #38
                  Originally posted by Babs View Post
                  well, I'm confused. I thought the Pac10 was saying the reason they didn't want Tech was that it wasn't AAU.
                  Tech is tier 3 US news. Like New Mexico.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                  --Jonathan Swift

                  Comment

                  • SeattleUte
                    Faith crisis consultant
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 20837

                    #39
                    Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    well, I'm confused. I thought the Pac10 was saying the reason they didn't want Tech was that it wasn't AAU.
                    Also, Carnegie has a competing classification. Utah is rated highest in that, and several schools in the B12 South, including OK St. and Tech, have weak ratings.
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                    --Jonathan Swift

                    Comment

                    • Babs
                      Not a Lawyer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 17128

                      #40
                      Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                      Tech is tier 3 US news. Like New Mexico.
                      and Oklahoma State. I gotcha now.

                      Comment

                      • Babs
                        Not a Lawyer
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 17128

                        #41
                        Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                        I think the Oklahoma/Nebraska rivalry should be renewed on a yearly basis with them being in different conferences now. It would add a new level of dislike between the teams.
                        That's the thing. There was never any dislike. It wasn't ugly like OU-Texas. It was more like Serena and Venus.

                        Comment

                        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                          Time to camp
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26082

                          #42
                          Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          Tech is tier 3 US news. Like New Mexico.
                          The same New Mexico that you put up as your dark horse to join the Pac 10 along with Utah?
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

                          Comment

                          • CJF
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 8497

                            #43
                            Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            That's the thing. There was never any dislike. It wasn't ugly like OU-Texas. It was more like Serena and Venus.
                            You and I have very different opinions on ugly.
                            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

                            Comment

                            • Babs
                              Not a Lawyer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 17128

                              #44
                              Originally posted by CJF View Post
                              You and I have very different opinions on ugly.
                              I did not laugh. I did not laugh. I did not laugh.

                              Comment

                              • Hot Lunch
                                Out of Office
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7842

                                #45
                                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                                The same New Mexico that you put up as your dark horse to join the Pac 10 along with Utah?
                                LOL, I forgot about that prediction. Just another thing to point out that SU really doesn't believe that academics is pushing expansion.
                                "Take it to the Bank"

                                Comment

                                Working...