Kaveinga mission bound?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smokymountainrain
    Impressive Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22593

    #1

    Kaveinga mission bound?

    This was mentioned on CB as reported on TBS. Is this common knowledge and I just missed the news? Somebody making things up?

    What's the scoop?

    In this case, I don't care much as don't have high hopes for him anyway, but it would be nice to have the added depth he would provide. I guess if you have to sit out a year, you might as well do it in some third world country, not date chicks, have to be with a male companion 24/7 and wear a shirt and tie everywhere...

    I guess.
    Last edited by smokymountainrain; 04-15-2010, 07:39 PM.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #2
    I hope not.

    Supposedly he looks real good.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • Hsaru
      Junior Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 1109

      #3
      2011 and 2012 defenses just took a really big hit. He'll be one old NFL rookie if he was planning on an NFL career.

      Comment

      • Hot Lunch
        Out of Office
        • Nov 2008
        • 7842

        #4
        Good for Kaveinga.

        History isn't in his corner when it comes to players leaving for missions after their sophomore year and having a great career. He does have a redshirt and that might be something he will need to use before he plays his JR. and SR. year. I have just seen that those that leave after there freshman year or redshirt year on a mission have had more success on the football field when they get home then those that have left after playing a couple of years.
        "Take it to the Bank"

        Comment

        • Ruby Soho
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 120

          #5
          Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
          Good for Kaveinga.

          History isn't in his corner when it comes to players leaving for missions after their sophomore year and having a great career. He does have a redshirt and that might be something he will need to use before he plays his JR. and SR. year. I have just seen that those that leave after there freshman year or redshirt year on a mission have had more success on the football field when they get home then those that have left after playing a couple of years.
          And, he'll most likely be contending with Stout, Keoshian, Jorgensen, Beck, Pritchard and Hadley by the time he gets home.

          Comment

          • Hot Lunch
            Out of Office
            • Nov 2008
            • 7842

            #6
            Originally posted by Ruby Soho View Post
            And, he'll most likely be contending with Stout, Keoshian, Jorgensen, Beck, Pritchard and Hadley by the time he gets home.
            after 3 or 4 years of the cupboard being almost completely empty at MLB, those are some good prospects for the MLB spots.
            "Take it to the Bank"

            Comment

            • Pheidippides
              Liberal Feminazi
              • Nov 2008
              • 14759

              #7
              Originally posted by Ruby Soho View Post
              And, he'll most likely be contending with Stout, Keoshian, Jorgensen, Beck, Pritchard and Hadley by the time he gets home.
              Well, crap. Now I have to change my avatar.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

              Comment

              • Hot Lunch
                Out of Office
                • Nov 2008
                • 7842

                #8
                Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                Well, crap. Now I have to change my avatar.
                I think Ruby's avatar is really smoking a joint.
                "Take it to the Bank"

                Comment

                • byu71
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22070

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                  Good for Kaveinga.

                  History isn't in his corner when it comes to players leaving for missions after their sophomore year and having a great career. He does have a redshirt and that might be something he will need to use before he plays his JR. and SR. year. I have just seen that those that leave after there freshman year or redshirt year on a mission have had more success on the football field when they get home then those that have left after playing a couple of years.
                  I am fine with him going on a mission, of course. I think if the young man thinks it is more important than football, then no doubt it is.

                  However, this is why I don't get all that excited and get involved in the talk about how great some LDS kid is before he gets back off his mission and starts playing. I think I knew it before, but learned the lesson well with Olson.

                  Comment

                  • Ruby Soho
                    Junior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 120

                    #10
                    Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                    Well, crap. Now I have to change my avatar.
                    I'll defer, you've been here a month longer than me.

                    Comment

                    • Pheidippides
                      Liberal Feminazi
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14759

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Ruby Soho View Post
                      I'll defer, you've been here a month longer than me.
                      Change it back! Change it back!

                      Truthfully, I've been thinking about switching mine, so if you want the Swedish Chef, no complaints here.
                      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                      Comment

                      Working...