Asiata gets another year back for the Utes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hot Lunch
    Out of Office
    • Nov 2008
    • 7842

    #1

    Asiata gets another year back for the Utes

    Great news for the Utes but I will be honest, I don't understand and I question how the Utes are so successful at getting extra years for there players. It seems like they get it every time when other schools don't.

    Utah’s independent news source since 1871, The Salt Lake Tribune covers news, entertainment, sports and faith for Salt Lake City and the state of Utah. (SLT)


    EDIT: Didn't see this in The Wire. I need to check that more often.
    Last edited by Hot Lunch; 02-24-2010, 10:34 AM.
    "Take it to the Bank"
  • Blueintheface
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 15382

    #2
    Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Great news for the Utes but I will be honest, I don't understand and I question how the Utes are so successful at getting extra years for there players. It seems like they get it every time when other schools don't.

    http://www.sltrib.com/utahutes/ci_14461412
    Didn't Love or Dart play for the Tommy Boy alloted time period?

    This is very good news for the Utes. Wide and Asiata will make that the best group in the league unless Unga finds an equally as impressive running mate from the young group.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

    "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

    Comment

    • Jarid in Cedar
      CS Institutional Memory
      • Jun 2009
      • 13234

      #3
      We really missed Asiata running between the tackles after he went down last year. I think there is a chance that Cain may have remained the QB if Asiata had not gone down.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

      "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

      "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

      -Rick Majerus

      Comment

      • Art Vandelay
        Striving for mediocrity
        • Jul 2009
        • 10516

        #4
        Good for the Matt and the Utes but bad for the Cougs if he is at full speed next year.

        Comment

        • SeattleUte
          Faith crisis consultant
          • Nov 2008
          • 20837

          #5
          So does Shakarin transfer?
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

          --Jonathan Swift

          Comment

          • HBCoug
            Peanut Gallery Asshat
            • Dec 2008
            • 2082

            #6
            Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            So does Shakarin transfer?
            It's as though God is punishing him for ignoring his BYU offer. Coincidence?

            Comment

            • Jarid in Cedar
              CS Institutional Memory
              • Jun 2009
              • 13234

              #7
              Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
              So does Shakarin transfer?
              No. He will be a soph this year. Wide and Asiata will graduate in 2010 and he should be in line to be the feature back for 2011 and 2012.

              EDIT: plus past seasons have shown that he is an injury away from significant time
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

              -Rick Majerus

              Comment

              • il Padrino Ute
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 19161

                #8
                Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                So does Shakarin transfer?
                Sausan is a Ute through and through. He's a soph this next season and will have two seasons to be the man after next year.
                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #9
                  This is great news for the Utes. It will be awesome for their team to have the second-best back in the MWC this coming season.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Jarid in Cedar
                    CS Institutional Memory
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 13234

                    #10
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    This is great news for the Utes. It will be awesome for their team to have the second-best back in the MWC this coming season.
                    He definitely is going to have a hard time beating out Eddie Wide for playing time.
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                    -Rick Majerus

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                      He definitely is going to have a hard time beating out Eddie Wide for playing time.
                      He should be grateful that Harvey Unga isn't on the team. neither one of those other guys would ever get any carries!
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Jarid in Cedar
                        CS Institutional Memory
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 13234

                        #12
                        Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        He should be grateful that Harvey Unga isn't on the team. neither one of those other guys would ever get any carries!
                        Shakerin would love that, given all three will end up hurt and he would be starting.
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                        "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                        "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                        -Rick Majerus

                        Comment

                        • Blueintheface
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 15382

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                          He definitely is going to have a hard time beating out Eddie Wide for playing time.
                          Har dee har har. Identical stats but Harvey would beat Wide in a Joseph Smith-type leg wrestling match. I'd bet my birthright on it.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                          Comment

                          • Jarid in Cedar
                            CS Institutional Memory
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 13234

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                            Har dee har har. Identical stats but Harvey would beat Wide in a Joseph Smith-type leg wrestling match. I'd bet my birthright on it.
                            Is leg wrestling the same has a mess of pottage?
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                            -Rick Majerus

                            Comment

                            • Blueintheface
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 15382

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                              Is leg wrestling the same has a mess of pottage?
                              Let's ask Esau. He said "Try again later."
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                              Comment

                              Working...