Oregon's LaMichael James arrested this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon's LaMichael James arrested this morning

Assault and strangulation of his girlfriend.

Well, at least people won't be focusing solely on Masoli's theft and impending grand jury investigation.

http://kezi.com/page/162872

What the heck is going on up in The Eug?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post

Well, at least people won't be focusing solely on Masoli's theft and impending grand jury investigation.

They are taking the Florida program building approach. More arrests equals more wins.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I just want to know why they pick such crappy girlfriends.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

The new Lawrence Phillips. Don't make the Tom Osborne/Rams mistake, Ducks.

Comment

Maybe that is what is meant by BYU won't fit in culturally.

Before I get jumped on and have pointed out to me that bad things happen at BYU, I agree. The culture thing I am talking about is how the student is dealt with afterwards.

Comment

Typical Oregon football, the offense carries all the weight. Nobody from the defense can even get a speeding ticket.

This is awful, if allegations are found to be true inexcusable and makes me sick. The wheels seem to be coming off the bus pretty fast.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

The Crowton Corrolary continues . . .
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                The Crowton Corrolary continues . . .
                Someone from the board was taunting me via text, and I told him your Crowton comparason. Starting to seem apt.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  Typical Oregon football, the offense carries all the weight. Nobody from the defense can even get a speeding ticket.

This is awful, if allegations are found to be true inexcusable and makes me sick. The wheels seem to be coming off the bus pretty fast.
                  I know you and I tease each other about SC and oregon stuff, but this is truly a bizarre season. Blount's face punch, followed by Embry and Masoli stealing from a frat house, and now LMJ strangling his girlfriend.....what is shocking about this is that these are the main stars of the team getting into all this trouble (except for Embry).

Does it seem like a rare thing for the main guy on the team to be the one getting into legal trouble? Coach mentioned Phillips, who was definitely one of the huskers stars that season, but is that the exception to the rule?

At this point, Chip needs to take some major accountability. You don't have this kind of recklessness in less than one year unless you are not running a tight ship. The University, Phil, and the P10 need to stem this tide before it spins further out of control. Craziness.

sigpic

Comment

I know you and I tease each other about SC and oregon stuff, but this is truly a bizarre season. Blount's face punch, followed by Embry and Masoli stealing from a frat house, and now LMJ strangling his girlfriend.....what is shocking about this is that these are the main stars of the team getting into all this trouble (except for Embry).

Does it seem like a rare thing for the main guy on the team to be the one getting into legal trouble? Coach mentioned Phillips, who was definitely one of the huskers stars that season, but is that the exception to the rule?

At this point, Chip needs to take some major accountability. You don't have this kind of recklessness in less than one year unless you are not running a tight ship. The University, Phil, and the P10 need to stem this tide before it spins further out of control. Craziness.
                    Chip has some explaining to do. Unfortunatley that has not been his MO, he likes to give one word answers and move on. That isn't going to fly with this. I understand that he can't comment on Masoli, since it is all rumor at this point, he hasn't been named in anything official even the grand jury is alleged.

He needs to comment today on LMJ and say something to the effect of "We support LMJ and if the allegations are found to be true he will have the opportunity to finish school and make changes to his life without football being a privilege provided."

I loved Masoli, I will have a hard time getting excited to cheer for him next year. If this situation with LMJ turns out to be true, I will be unable to cheer for him next year if he is allowed to play. I wouldn't give up my tickets, but I would probably miss more games than I have in the last decade.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Another angle on this story.....the NCAA doesn't have a problem with Oregon keeping Blount, Masoli, or LMJ on the team, yet might punish SC because with Reggie Bush's parents lived in a rent-free house almost 150 miles from campus. Seems like a strange value system.

sigpic

Comment

I do wonder if Kelly allowing Blount back has given the players a subconscious feeling that they can do whatever and be alright.

I think Kelly did well by Blount personally, and probably saved his NFL career. However it may have put a countdown on Chip's time in Eugene.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Another angle on this story.....the NCAA doesn't have a problem with Oregon keeping Blount, Masoli, or LMJ on the team, yet might punish SC because with Reggie Bush's parents lived in a rent-free house almost 150 miles from campus. Seems like a strange value system.
                          You don't really see this sort of thing at USC. I think these guys are getting in trouble because they aren't getting paid enough.
                          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                            You don't really see this sort of thing at USC. I think these guys are getting in trouble because they aren't getting paid enough.
                            Didn't Rey Rey beat the crap out of someone at a party, sending the kid to the hospital? I thin USC just is better at covering it up. Oregon is new to the national scene and needs to learn the art of the cover up.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

Mark it down Lache Seastrunk will not last 4 years at Oregon especially considering the characters he will be around.
                              *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                              X