This year's bowl game records, by conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
    Wow that's nuts. I fell asleep at halftime and just woke up a few minutes ago. I think there were three turnovers in the first half? Sounded like an ugly game.

And the SEC improves to 4-4. Next, Arkansas gets the C-USA champion.
    What is up with kickers this bowl season? Nobody wants to win.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      apparently not.

Comment

Arkansas finished 0/13 on third down conversions; and had 10 points from a pick-six and a deep fumble.

Comment

crap. another sloppy SEC win.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
            Arkansas finished 0/13 on third down conversions; and had 10 points from a pick-six and a deep fumble.
            And look how that team responded after they won. They rushed the field and went nuts. If you think that these teams don't want to be there it's bullshit. These kids want to win no matter what. And nobody ever likes getting their asses kicked or being embarrassed. I hope that kind of talk gets put to rest.
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

They don't want to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
                They don't want to be there.
                Ahem.

And look how that team responded after they won. They rushed the field and went nuts. If you think that these teams don't want to be there it's bullshit. These kids want to win no matter what. And nobody ever likes getting their asses kicked or being embarrassed. I hope that kind of talk gets put to rest.
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

You refuse to understand the doesn't want to be there, I think because you don't want to. Saying someone doesn't want to be there is a misstatement, do most of the bowls mean more to one team than the other? Obviously they do. Some teams go in with their season fizzling wanting to be done, other teams go in on a high note wanting to cap it off well. Other teams don't like their location or opponent. See BYU vs. Texas A&M 1990, BYU vs. Arizona 2008.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    You refuse to understand the doesn't want to be there, I think because you don't want to. Saying someone doesn't want to be there is a misstatement, do most of the bowls mean more to one team than the other? Obviously they do. Some teams go in with their season fizzling wanting to be done, other teams go in on a high note wanting to cap it off well. Other teams don't like their location or opponent. See BYU vs. Texas A&M 1990, BYU vs. Arizona 2008.
                    This sounds like another unintended consequence of the BCS bowl system doesn't it? In their efforts to ensure the #1 and #2 teams play each other for the championship the rest of post season play has been relegated meaningless.
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                      The SEC is 2-0 vs the Big 12 so far. I hope they finish 3-0
                      Boo!
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Bump

Post #1 updated through today's games. Only four remaining.

Comment

The Big East finished with a nice 4-2 record, but the way Cincinnati got destroyed and the way their idiot players were posing and jumping around after scoring when they were getting their asses handed to them by Florida was just embarrassing.

Comment

This sounds like another unintended consequence of the BCS bowl system doesn't it? In their efforts to ensure the #1 and #2 teams play each other for the championship the rest of post season play has been relegated meaningless.
                            Was the BCS around in 1990? BYU openly complained about having to play lowly Texas A&M. I think the BCS is partly to blame, bowl bloat and the 12 game schedule are bigger culprits however.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

Was the BCS around in 1990? BYU openly complained about having to play lowly Texas A&M. I think the BCS is partly to blame, bowl bloat and the 12 game schedule are bigger culprits however.
                              No the culprit is no meaningful post season play. You wont hear any team complaining about playing in the first round of a playoff system. The bowl system has served its purpose but now it is a joke and has been for years.

Comment

Wasn't that the same A&M that scored 66 on the Cougs and separated both of Ty Detmer's shoulders?
                                Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                                Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                                Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Comment

Working...
                                X