Jordan Wynn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Wynn

Some game last night for the true freshman. 26 for 36 passing, 338 yards- not bad in my book. I'm sure I wasn't the only one getting excited after the passes to Moeai (what? we have tight ends?) and Brooks.

To me it's evident Wynn gets the starting job next year. I really don't anticipate anyone stealing the job from him in training camp, but then again, I suppose I could be wrong.

I keep hearing about Griff Robles, who apparently can burn holes in his shoes just by staring at them- can someone confirm his über greatness for me? At one of the other boards someone claimed to have talked to his dad who "supposedly" (mid-air quotation mark gesture) said Griff would be getting a shot at QB.

Discuss?
    "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
    -John Heisman

I didn't get to watch the whole game last night, but Wynn looked really good. I'm not pleased about the prospect of BYU facing him for three more years.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ute View Post
      Some game last night for the true freshman. 26 for 36 passing, 338 yards- not bad in my book. I'm sure I wasn't the only one getting excited after the passes to Moeai (what? we have tight ends?) and Brooks.

To me it's evident Wynn gets the starting job next year. I really don't anticipate anyone stealing the job from him in training camp, but then again, I suppose I could be wrong.

I keep hearing about Griff Robles, who apparently can burn holes in his shoes just by staring at them- can someone confirm his über greatness for me? At one of the other boards someone claimed to have talked to his dad who "supposedly" (mid-air quotation mark gesture) said Griff would be getting a shot at QB.

Discuss?
      I'll go ahead and be a bit of a wet blanket here.

While Wynn had a fantastic game, keep in mind Cal's passing defense rankings. They sucked. Like BYU last year kind of suck. Even worse, maybe.

Wynn has a bright future, but Cal was not good at defending the pass all year. As witnessed when Jereme Brooks was walking alone in the endzone on a play where Cal dropped 8 defenders into coverage.

The INT he threw for a TD was a very bad mistake. He looked right at his primary receiver across the middle of the field. He should have seen the LB as he was staring right at him when he threw the ball.

Wynn has a lot of potential, but he's got a LOT of growing to do. I think he will continue to struggle next season. His jr and sr. seasons should be very good.

Comment

Wynn is going to re-write the record books at Utah and PU is a nattering nabob of negativity.

Comment

Wynn has the potential to be the best Utah QB ever. That doesn't mean much at Utah. But I think he has that kind of talent.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Laugh out loud for Surfah.
            "75-10 the last two games? Is my math right? It's enough to make me reconsider my embrace of science over Christianity."--SU

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to have fumbled this football."
            -John Heisman

Comment

Any of you Utes who are loving Wynn praises better be singing praises for Max Hall. Wynn has done nothing more than Max's first year (really, a lot less, but I'll give him a pass as he only had 3-4 games and he's a freshman). There's obviously potential, but let's cool the "rewriting the record books" (as dubious achievement as that is) talk until he does something against a real defense.
              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Too premature to get into any record-breaking talk. But to me he's solid and should have a good year ahead of him. He will only get better IMO.

-John Heisman

Comment

Wynn played well, though the first few series he looked awful, zero pocket presence, he settled in though. His passing yards were a tad misleading as a lot of yards came on big plays on shovel passes which is pretty much an extension of the running game.

I think Wynn will be a good QB for the Utes but I'm not buying all the praise all the Ute fans and some BYU fans are heaping on him, he didn't look overly impressive out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                    Any of you Utes who are loving Wynn praises better be singing praises for Max Hall. Wynn has done nothing more than Max's first year (really, a lot less, but I'll give him a pass as he only had 3-4 games and he's a freshman). There's obviously potential, but let's cool the "rewriting the record books" (as dubious achievement as that is) talk until he does something against a real defense.
                    Utah scorced 28 points on the best defense in the country with Wynn as the starting QB. That's got to be something.
                    Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                    Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                    Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Comment

Wynn is what I expect from a frosh QB with great potential; great at times, woeful at others. I expect to see the same from Jake Heaps. Next year will be telling. If Wynn is a quick learner, he will have a fantastic career, but if he makes the same mistakes over and over, meaning that he can't learn certain skills, he will be better than what we saw this year, but never great. I think of Donovan Porterie of UNM who looked alot like Wynn as a freshman, having great games and mediocre games. But that was the way Porterie played his entire career; he never really got much better. I think Wynn will get better.
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                        I'll go ahead and be a bit of a wet blanket here.

While Wynn had a fantastic game, keep in mind Cal's passing defense rankings. They sucked. Like BYU last year kind of suck. Even worse, maybe.

Wynn has a bright future, but Cal was not good at defending the pass all year. As witnessed when Jereme Brooks was walking alone in the endzone on a play where Cal dropped 8 defenders into coverage.

The INT he threw for a TD was a very bad mistake. He looked right at his primary receiver across the middle of the field. He should have seen the LB as he was staring right at him when he threw the ball.

Wynn has a lot of potential, but he's got a LOT of growing to do. I think he will continue to struggle next season. His jr and sr. seasons should be very good.
                        True, Wynn played well against a bad Cal pass defense, but he did so as a true freshman in his 5th game. If he had 2 years under his belt, this would be expected.

U-Ute

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                          I never said he was a lousy QB. For a Ute fan, that's high praise.

U-Ute

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ute View Post

Discuss?
                            Wynn proved to me in this game that he has a bit of that intagible "it" factor. He adds true weight in the offseason and a becomes a legitimate running threat in the sproption than he is going to shine. Either that or take the read option out unless you're in the <insert name> (Wildcat) formation. Cal's pass defense is awful but he made some really great throws that would have been completed against most defenses.

I have no idea on Robles but if uf.n is any barometer of his soon-to-be-greatness I think Wynn is in trouble. BTW, Wynn's moxy is really going to piss off Cougar fans for the next 3 years, that is unless he continues to drop rivalry games.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                              Wynn proved to me in this game that he has a bit of that intagible "it" factor. He adds true weight in the offseason and a becomes a legitimate running threat in the sproption than he is going to shine. Either that or take the read option out unless you're in the <insert name> (Wildcat) formation. Cal's pass defense is awful but he made some really great throws that would have been completed against most defenses.

I have no idea on Robles but if uf.n is any barometer of his soon-to-be-greatness I think Wynn is in trouble. BTW, Wynn's moxy is really going to piss off Cougar fans for the next 3 years, that is unless he continues to drop rivalry games.
                              I agree. Good points. If Wynn can learn to read the option a little better, I think the Utes are in good shape (as far as the QB goes).

Honestly, I don't think that any message board is a good barometer for upcoming talent.

-John Heisman

Comment

Working...
                              X