Big 12 title game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big 12 title game thread

Tony Barnhart made a very good point yesterday: a Nebraska win today means Boise gets left out of the BCS, and it gives TCU a very real argument to play for the BCS title.

Sorry JL, but go Huskers!
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Is anyone here besides JL rooting for the Longhorns?
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

I've got a feeling...
      2005 Big XII Championship

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
        Tony Barnhart made a very good point yesterday: a Nebraska win today means Boise gets left out of the BCS, and it gives TCU a very real argument to play for the BCS title.

Sorry JL, but go Huskers!
        Right. We've discussed this several times. The only way the Big 12 gets two bids this year is if Nebraska upsets.

Texas is 2-2 in Big 12 title games. Top 5 teams are only 6-5.

Comment

hook'em!

(I can't believe I just said that.)

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
            hook'em!

(I can't believe I just said that.)
            Yuck, traitor.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Okay, I am going to think ahead here. IF Texas loses I think that throws this thing into a tizzy and it may not be good for BSU.

Auto Bids

BAMA
              NEB
              Cinci
              TCU
              Oregon
              TOSU
              Clemson/GT

AT LARGE

BSU
              Texas
              FLA
              PENN ST/Iowa

One of those teams is getting left out, and I think I know who.

Then the question becomes, does TCU make it to the championship game. No, for the same reason BSU gets left out.

Comment

This is shaping up to be a pretty fun game. I still don't like Nebraska's chances due to Texas' ability to score quickly and Nebraska's mostly inept offense, but Nebraska's defense has been very impressive so far.

I'm pulling for Nebraska, as I'd love to see TCU face a good team.

Comment

four picks in fifteen minutes. yikes.

Comment

#22 Nebraska as the Big 12 auto bid? Yikes. Obviously, a win would move them up, but still, yikes. Plus, that 9-7 loss to 6-6 Iowa State is not looking so hot right now.

Comment

So if either Nebraska or Clemson wins and finishes below #16 in the BCS Standings, does TCU steal their spot? There are so many conditional "if, then" rules that I can't keep them straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                        So if Nebraska wins and finishes below #16 in the BCS Standings, does TCU steal their spot? There are so many conditional "if, then" rules that I can't keep them straight.
                        No. The Big 12 is an auto-bid, so they have to take the Big12 champ no matter how low they're ranked.

Texas still gets a bid because they're a cash cow. (heh. cow!)

Comment

It always amazes me when I see teams with no QB make it all the way to a championship game. Nebraska's only hope for more points is a pick-6 or special teams.

Comment

This Nebraska offense looks like the same outfit that turned the ball over 7 times in a 9-7 loss at home to Iowa St.

They could hold the Horns to an impressive 21 points and lose by two scores.
                            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Huskers get a huge punt return, setting up first and goal, and Nebraska will go backwards.

utterly helpless showing.

Comment

Working...
                              X