I have been very hard on Jaime Hill

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • OrangeUte
    Max Hall hates me.
    • Nov 2008
    • 2294

    #16
    Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    I'm not sure if our defense was really good or really lucky. Our DB's played better than they have most of the year, but Wynn missed a lot of open receivers. He hits just a couple of those, and the outcome would have been completely different.
    After that first drive where Wynn hit David Reed a few times for big games, I was suprised to see the Utes abandon the short passing game... Reminds me of the Y abandoning Unga at the end of last year's game.

    Comment

    • OrangeUte
      Max Hall hates me.
      • Nov 2008
      • 2294

      #17
      Originally posted by ewth8tr View Post
      What I think is funny is that the Utes had underneath receivers open all night, but Wynn kept going deep and missing. One of the knocks on Cain was that he just threw short underneath passes and couldn't stretch the defense, but I think he would have done a much better job yesterday than Wynn did.
      I just said nearly the same thing, except I think that Wynn and the Ute game plan gave up on the underneath passes after the first drive, and this was suprising. I dont' think Cain would have done much better, but perhaps his legs could have added a dimension.. Who knows.

      Comment

      • pellegrino
        miserere me
        • Jan 2009
        • 12100

        #18
        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        Seriously. If Wynn completed 2 of those throws to David Reed we would have been in a deep doo doo.
        The same could be said about several of Max's passes. Both he and Winn seemed to have no trouble hitting stationary receivers, moving targets on the other hand . . .
        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
        Alessandro Manzoni

        Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

        pelagius

        Comment

        • kccougar
          9262
          • Nov 2008
          • 7020

          #19
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I noticed that too. He left an extra 4-5 available yards each time he went out of bounds. Strange.
          The only Ute more scared of taking a hit is Jerome Brooks. In several games this year I've seen him catch a ball and actually run out of bounds rather than taking a hit. I've also actually seen him catch a ball and drop down like a QB taking a slide rather than getting tackled.
          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #20
            I will say this much about Wynn: dude will be pretty dang good as a Junior and Senior. He made a lot of mistakes last night as a frosh, but he definitely has skills.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Hallelujah
              Junior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 2741

              #21
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              I will say this much about Wynn: dude will be pretty dang good as a Junior and Senior. He made a lot of mistakes last night as a frosh, but he definitely has skills.
              His stats were better than Hall's. Not bad for a freshman.

              Comment

              • HotBox
                Junior Member
                • Feb 2009
                • 35

                #22
                Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde

                Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                I have to give him credit tonight. The D came in and played well and he put together a great game plan for this game.
                I noticed that Jan was lined up differently tonight for the most part and viola! we have some pressure on the QB!

                The confusion and frustration comes from the first and last games of the season, against both OU and the U, they were aggressive, they tried new things, they forced the issue instead of taking it like a slut with a conscience. The question is: why can't they play that kind of defense more regularly? That is the source of frustration for me.

                To Jamie's credit, it's not like he has loads of talent on that defense. If he can get get it done with the personnel on the depth chart next year, he will have my praise.

                Comment

                Working...