Utah-TCU 09 = BYU-UCLA 08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah-TCU 09 = BYU-UCLA 08

Team comes into stadium after somewhat flukey win the year before and runs into a buzzsaw. Eerily similar how every break is going TCU's way, just like every break went BYU's way last year. Like something's trying to bring some justice.

Maybe God does watch football.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
    Team comes into stadium after somewhat flukey win the year before and runs into a buzzsaw. Eerily similar how every break is going TCU's way, just like every break went BYU's way last year. Like something's trying to bring some justice.

I was thinking more BYU-TCU 2008 as a comparison. Team comes to Ft. Worth with gaudy record and ranking and gets evicerated on the field.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Fluke; I think your trail of tears following BYU has left you deranged. Those fans who stormed the field tonight didn't seem to think any of Utah's last three wins over TCU was a fluke.

I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, comparing BYU to TCU or UCLA (a team that actually lost to Utah 44-6 in the year of UCLA's "fluke win" over BYU) to Utah. Utah vs. TCU 2008-09 like UCLA vs. BYU 2008-09. Yeah right; you live in a fantasy world!

Tonight, unlike you, and like USC fans, we have plenty of solace in wich to drown our tearm, including our team's heroic win over TCU in 2008. That win is all the sweeter now.

By the way, it's very boorish, very bad form to troll your rival on the night of a tough win. It's something I've never done and chided Ute fans for doing. What a clodhopper!
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        Fluke; I think your trail of tears following BYU has left you deranged. Those fans who stormed the field tonight didn't seem to think any of Utah's last three wins over TCU was a fluke.

I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, comparing BYU to TCU or UCLA (a team that actually lost to Utah 44-6 in the year of UCLA's "fluke win" over BYU) to Utah. Utah vs. TCU 2008-09 like UCLA vs. BYU 2008-09. Yeah right; you live in a fantasy world!

Tonight, unlike you, and like USC fans, we have plenty of solace in wich to drown our tearm, including our team's heroic win over TCU in 2008. That win is all the sweeter now.

By the way, it's very boorish, very bad form to troll your rival on the night of a tough win. It's something I've never done and chided Ute fans for doing. What a clodhopper!
        You had a tough loss, not a tough win.

Comment

LOL...
          Those of us who have been fans for more than 5 years all know the pain of the day after, which is why we've learned to watch what we say before games (you'll notice that I never predicted a big Utah loss, although I thought it was certainly possible--I just couldn't understand the level of Utah hubris going into the game). We've also learned, through hard experience, that the way to show up is much like LA, IPU, BO, etc--something along the lines of "Wow, TCU's a really good team...my bad!" and then take your licks, knowing that they'll probably be much easier that way. Instead, we got talk of losing by less than 20, of this being TCU's first meaningful win, smack on players'...strike that--RECRUITS' mothers, and of our program being in the "wilderness" (Hint: the time to run smack on the state of your rival's program is not immediately after the crown jewel of yours just gave up 55 points). I was waiting for the complaints about officiating, although I guess your radio guys took care of that for you.

So yeah, I agree that it's boorish and I appreciate that Ute fans didn't rub our face into our loss. Of course, we didn't give you much ammo, having learned the first lesson above; unfortunately, it appears that lesson was lost on some of you, as we're already seeing the somewhat hollow-sounding and cliche "oh yeah? we're still gonna beat you guys!" (I think it was still gametime when MRD ran this one...). Of course, the best way to learn lesson one is to be around for the teaching of lesson two, and given several posters' conspicuous absence, they're unfortunately going to have to save that lesson for another game.

So before you get all huffy at this and start into one of your diatribes on a new era of Ute dominance, might I suggest you step back, take a deep breath, and look ahead to the day after. Learn your lesson.
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

LOL...
            Those of us who have been fans for more than 5 years all know the pain of the day after, which is why we've learned to watch what we say before games (you'll notice that I never predicted a big Utah loss, although I thought it was certainly possible--I just couldn't understand the level of Utah hubris going into the game). We've also learned, through hard experience, that the way to show up is much like LA, IPU, BO, etc--something along the lines of "Wow, TCU's a really good team...my bad!" and then take your licks, knowing that they'll probably be much easier that way. Instead, we got talk of losing by less than 20, of this being TCU's first meaningful win, smack on players'...strike that--RECRUITS' mothers, and of our program being in the "wilderness" (Hint: the time to run smack on the state of your rival's program is not immediately after the crown jewel of yours just gave up 55 points). I was waiting for the complaints about officiating, although I guess your radio guys took care of that for you.

So yeah, I agree that it's boorish and I appreciate that Ute fans didn't rub our face into our loss. Of course, we didn't give you much ammo, having learned the first lesson above; unfortunately, it appears that lesson was lost on some of you, as we're already seeing the somewhat hollow-sounding and cliche "oh yeah? we're still gonna beat you guys!" (I think it was still gametime when MRD ran this one...). Of course, the best way to learn lesson one is to be around for the teaching of lesson two, and given several posters' conspicuous absence, they're unfortunately going to have to save that lesson for another game.

So before you get all huffy at this and start into one of your diatribes on a new era of Ute dominance, might I suggest you step back, take a deep breath, and look ahead to the day after. Learn your lesson.
            I have lived and died by the Utes since before you were born, child. For starters you might look at that historical piece Boylenover posted. I attended games all alone as an eleven year old.

I am not being an idiot celebrating the Utes' incredible pioneering achievements in 2004-05 and 2008-09. TCU would do well to match the Utes' achievement last year, which is essentially the most it can do. Still it will not have the landscape altering break through effects. You, on the other hand, are an idiot calling last year's 2008 win a fluke. Congratulations, you are now Hallelujah II, blathering stuff no one else agrees with, a tormented, lonely deranged voice in a moonscape. Look what the false hopes you were raised with have done to you!
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I have lived and died by the Utes since before you were born, child. For starters you might look at that historical piece Boylenover posted. I attended games all alone as an eleven year old.

I am not being an idiot celebrating the Utes' incredible pioneering achievements in 2004-05 and 2008-09. TCU would do well to match the Utes' achievement last year, which is essentially the most it can do. Still it will not have the landscape altering break through effects. You, on the other hand, are an idiot calling last year's 2008 win a fluke. Congratulations, you are now Hallelujah II, blathering stuff no one else agrees with, a tormented, lonely deranged voice in a moonscape. Look what the false hopes you were raised with have done to you!
              Sigh...
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Working...
              X