The Holy War 2009 Roll Call

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CJF
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 8497

    #61
    Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
    I'm not knocking end zone seats. Ok...maybe I am, but in doing so, I'm knocking my pansiness as a fan for no longer being willing to attend a game just to be there. FTR, I grew up watching every game in section 149.
    I like my end zone seats in LES except for BYU Utah games. I enjoy being able to see passing routes and defensive coverages more clearly in the end zone. Don't get me wrong, I like the sweet sideline seats too, but I think end zone seats get a bad rap in LES.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

    Comment

    • Coach McGuirk
      1
      • Nov 2008
      • 12109

      #62
      PS, bum wraps are diapers for old people. End zone seat get a bum rap.

      Comment

      • Donuthole
        Official Outgayer
        • Nov 2008
        • 25268

        #63
        Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
        Maybe I'm getting old, but there was a clear moment when I made a decision during the BYU-UNLV game in 2007 as I was shivering cold in the top row of the endzone seating (tickets courtesy of my cousin on CB) of a converted high school stadium on a dirt parking lot that the "atmosphere" of attending a game can only carry me so far any more, that it was stupid for me to spend a full day travelling to and from a game only to miss the entire thing.
        Are you sure you're thinking of the right game? I didn't even wear long sleeves to that game. I remember it well, as it was the first time I met TriplePapi and aussiecoug. Are you thinking of the bowl game that year (UCLA)? Because that was a bit chilly (though not nearly as cold as CJF acted like it was. Such a wimp.)
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

        Comment

        • Donuthole
          Official Outgayer
          • Nov 2008
          • 25268

          #64
          Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
          PS, bum wraps are diapers for old people. End zone seat get a bum rap.
          At the 2003 Holy War, I was wishing I had a bum wrap. My ass was practically frozen to the bleachers.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

          Comment

          • pelagius
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 5288

            #65
            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            Are you thinking of the bowl game that year (UCLA)? Because that was a bit chilly (though not nearly as cold as CJF acted like it was. Such a wimp.)
            My brother wore shorts to that game ... He left in the third quarter.

            Comment

            • ERCougar
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 10978

              #66
              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              Are you sure you're thinking of the right game? I didn't even wear long sleeves to that game. I remember it well, as it was the first time I met TriplePapi and aussiecoug. Are you thinking of the bowl game that year (UCLA)? Because that was a bit chilly (though not nearly as cold as CJF acted like it was. Such a wimp.)
              Hmmm...maybe I'm mixing up the shivering part. But I completely remember the seats--I actually was pretty close to aussiecoug myself. Or at least she came up to flirt with my cousin.
              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

              Comment

              • BoylenOver
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 9146

                #67
                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                At the 2003 Holy War, I was wishing I had a bum wrap. My ass was practically frozen to the bleachers.
                That game was miserable. I went with my brother, and I'm glad we took the "KSL fun bus", because we saw a dozen cars skid out on the way home.
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                Comment

                • Donuthole
                  Official Outgayer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 25268

                  #68
                  Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                  That game was miserable. I went with my brother, and I'm glad we took the "KSL fun bus", because we saw a dozen cars skid out on the way home.
                  It was a fitting cap to my 1L year of football attendance. The games I attended that year were:

                  v. USC
                  v. Colorado State
                  v. Boise State
                  v. Utah

                  Despite wearing about 6 layers, have never been colder in my life (and that includes a Klondike Boy Scout campout where my water bottle spilled on my sleeping bad in the middle of the night) than at that football game.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                  There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                  Comment

                  • BoylenOver
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 9146

                    #69
                    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    It was a fitting cap to my 1L year of football attendance. The games I attended that year were:

                    v. USC
                    v. Colorado State
                    v. Boise State
                    v. Utah

                    Despite wearing about 6 layers, have never been colder in my life (and that includes a Klondike Boy Scout campout where my water bottle spilled on my sleeping bad in the middle of the night) than at that football game.
                    My condolences. It's not like the weather was great for the CSU or Boise games, either.
                    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                    Comment

                    • venkman
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 2199

                      #70
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Who needs tickets? I may be able to get some get-ins for face. Most likely end zones.
                      I could use a couple.
                      "Remember to double tap"

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #71
                        OK, so here is the deal. I was asked to sell 8 tickets. They are stacked 5 and 3, with the 3 in front.

                        As predicted, end zones, not great seats.

                        Sec 148, rows 33 and 34 (literally at the top!).

                        Face is $50. Sell for $40.

                        If nobody wants them, no worries. I will most likely just release them but thought I would give cuf a first crack at it.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • kccougar
                          9262
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7020

                          #72
                          I'll be there with my brother and my wife, I think. I haven't decided for sure if I'm going to allow her to come. After 15 years of marriage she appears to be fully converted to BYU, but when it comes down to the rivalry game I fear she might still be holding a small candle for the Utes, if only in her heart.

                          If I decide I can't trust her, my 13-yr old gets her ticket.
                          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                          Comment

                          • DU Ute
                            RIP CUF
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 7393

                            #73
                            Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            OK, so here is the deal. I was asked to sell 8 tickets. They are stacked 5 and 3, with the 3 in front.

                            As predicted, end zones, not great seats.

                            Sec 148, rows 33 and 34 (literally at the top!).

                            Face is $50. Sell for $40.

                            If nobody wants them, no worries. I will most likely just release them but thought I would give cuf a first crack at it.
                            Any way I could get two of these from you? I promise to behave
                            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                            Comment

                            • Donuthole
                              Official Outgayer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 25268

                              #74
                              Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                              Any way I could get two of these from you? I promise to behave
                              Don't do it, TriplePops.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                              There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                              Comment

                              • DU Ute
                                RIP CUF
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 7393

                                #75
                                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                Don't do it, TriplePops.
                                :slap:
                                "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                                "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                                "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                                Comment

                                Working...