Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else worried that Riley Nelson might be the QB next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
    It looked pretty strong on one particular 4th down heave. :anger:
    don't hate Doman. Hate Jernaro Gilford! All hail, Saint Jernaro, as Brandon Doman kneels in humility to end the game!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Riley Nelson reminds me of Lance Pendleton. Not someone you want as your main guy going into a season.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        SIGNED JORDAN WYNN AFTER HE KICKS TCU'S FREAKING ASS THIS WEEK!!!!!! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT!
        When Wynn is an Origami Pterodactyl following Saturday's game just remember you wanted Cain all along.

P.S. It's what fans do: hedge their bets when no other options are available. (ie Whitt waiting to name a starter and fans claiming it's the best decision to keep the opposition guessing)
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
          That line goes great with the picture of Steve Holt and his arms in the air.

p.s. Steve Holt is truly the man.
          STEVE HOLT IS THE MAN! BUT HE STILL COULDN'T CARRY JORDAN WYNN'S JOCK!
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Open question to all. Regardless of who BYU starts next year(I agree it won't be Nelson), if Unga does not come back how are they going to hide an inexperienced QB?
            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
              Open question to all. Regardless of who BYU starts next year(I agree it won't be Nelson), if Unga does not come back how are they going to hide an inexperienced QB?
              By running the sproption. Too soon?
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Is Lark returning for sure

I've been hearing rumblings that he wasn't happy when they brought in Nelson and was thinking of not returning to the Y.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                  Seriously, I don't get the hype for him this year. BYU's never been successful with a running QB.
                  Doman was successful but he was the exception that proves the rule
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by runnutz View Post
                    I've been hearing rumblings that he wasn't happy when they brought in Nelson and was thinking of not returning to the Y.
                    He should have been upset when they signed Heaps, not Nelson.
                    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      Riley Nelson reminds me of Lance Pendleton. Not someone you want as your main guy going into a season.
                      yeah that is a very good comparison. Nelson is a bit more physical but passing ability seems about equal.
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        yeah that is a very good comparison. Nelson is a bit more physical but passing ability seems about equal.
                        Interesting--even ironic--that they both took a turn re-writing most of the Utah high school passing records.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Interesting--even ironic--that they both re-wrote most of the Utah high school passing records.
                          Just like Ty Detmer re-wrote the NCAA passing records.
                          If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

I always love it when

people bring up the passing records for the state of Utah in high school.
                            Remember for quite a while Lance Rice held those records..

Comment

Originally posted by runnutz View Post
                              people bring up the passing records for the state of Utah in high school.
                              Remember for quite a while Lance Rice held those records..
                              I guess I can see why you'd love it if I were trying to bolster the credibility of those QBs by citing their passing records. Because lumping them in with Lance Rice is a pretty effective way of marginalizing any of their football accomplishments.

That said, I mentioned those to point out the irony in the fact that neither Nelson or Pendleton are very good QBs, which is not what you expect from someone who set a bunch of state passing records. In light of that, it does not surprise me at all that Lance Rice held so many of those records.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                                SIGNED JORDAN WYNN AFTER HE KICKS TCU'S FREAKING ASS THIS WEEK!!!!!! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT!
                                What are the odds that Wynn plays the entire game? How many sacks/int/fumbles will Whitt allow before he puts Cain in for a try?

Comment

Working...
                                X