Sitake on 1320

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitake on 1320

I heard an interview with Sitake last night driving home. I was impressed. Let's hire him as our DC next year.

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    I heard an interview with Sitake last night driving home. I was impressed. Let's hire him as our DC next year.
    Thought the same exact thing. When asked about the defense coming together and gelling he didn't speak of tradition and honor and assignment soundness, he spoke of the things he felt still needed to be worked on. He's not satisfied with their effort despite a good record. He seems like a nice motivator and tough no-nonsense guy.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

I like Sitake. He's a genuinely nice person, and from what I've observed of him he's a guy I could work/play for.

I'm not sure how good of a coach he is, but the defense hasn't missed a beat this year, so I would say he's doing a good job so far.
      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
        LOL!
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
          LOL!
          Don't spoil the fun before it gets started.

Comment

Hiring Sitake as a DC would be a sign of desperation from BM and BYU. I like Sitake as a coach and am glad he is our DC, but he only works as a DC because he is learning from Whittingham. Whittingham is taking a more active role with the defense this year than he did with Gary Anderson. Sitake isn't ready to go it on his own as a DC.

I don't think BYU should fire Hill, he is doing a nice job.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
              Hiring Sitake as a DC would be a sign of desperation from BM and BYU. I like Sitake as a coach and am glad he is our DC, but he only works as a DC because he is learning from Whittingham. Whittingham is taking a more active role with the defense this year than he did with Gary Anderson. Sitake isn't ready to go it on his own as a DC.

I don't think BYU should fire Hill, he is doing a nice job.
              Bronco made for a pretty dang good D Coordinator in his day.

Not sure what he is thinking right now letting Hill ruin that team though.
              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post

He was good but he wasn't as good as Kyle Whittingham. I think Hill is doing a good job at BYU and have enjoyed his defenses.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

There is a real disconnect between those two statements. If Utah's defense was poor would anyone lay that at Sitake's feet? Bronco is a defensive coach. Why the reluctance to acknowledge that Bronco is primarily responsible for the lackluster defense (if it really is a coaching problem, which I am not convinced of)? I can't imagine as a defensive coach he is unconcerned about the defense and just lets Hill handle it. If that is what he has done, then there is a much larger problem, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                    There is a real disconnect between those two statements. If Utah's defense was poor would anyone lay that at Sitake's feet? Bronco is a defensive coach. Why the reluctance to acknowledge that Bronco is primarily responsible for the lackluster defense (if it really is a coaching problem, which I am not convinced of)? I can't imagine as a defensive coach he is unconcerned about the defense and just lets Hill handle it. If that is what he has done, then there is a much larger problem, IMO.
                    Sadly I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                      I can't imagine as a defensive coach he is unconcerned about the defense and just lets Hill handle it. If that is what he has done, then there is a much larger problem, IMO.
                      There is.
                      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                        He was good but he wasn't as good as Kyle Whittingham. I think Hill is doing a good job at BYU and have enjoyed his defenses.
                        I am not saying that he is. I think Kyle is one of the best defensive minds in college football. I am saying that Bronco knows how to call a D. Which like I said, makes me just wonder what the hell he is doing letting Sister Hill ruin BYU's D.

Every Ute fan should enjoy what Hill's defense does.
                        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                          I like Sitake. He's a genuinely nice person, and from what I've observed of him he's a guy I could work/play for.

I'm not sure how good of a coach he is, but the defense hasn't missed a beat this year, so I would say he's doing a good job so far.
                          Yep, it's hard to say at this point how good of a coach Sitake is considering what Utah had returning. Next year will give you guys a better idea of what you have after losing Misi, Sylvester, Wright, Gaison, Rojo, and Dale. As long as Utah has RJ Stanford out there in man coverage, big play opportunities will exist, and it would be a lot worse without RoJo out there to pick him up. Scary to think how good that defense could be with Sean Smith and Paul Kruger returning.

Comment

I am not saying that he is. I think Kyle is one of the best defensive minds in college football. I am saying that Bronco knows how to call a D. Which like I said, makes me just wonder what the hell he is doing letting Sister Hill ruin BYU's D.

Every Ute fan should enjoy what Hill's defense does.
                            www.savehillsjob.com
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                              ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Working...
                              X