Alabama-Tennessee thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TheBYUGuy
    Friend of Rodin
    • Sep 2009
    • 1442

    #16
    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I have seen the final blocked FG a dozen times like everyone else now. Should it not have been a penalty of 15 yards on the guy that blocked the FG for ripping off his helmet?
    I thought exactly the same thing. In fact, I was under the impression that helmet removal was one of those things that was so blatant that there wouldn't even be a discussion or complaint about it afterwards because it's such an easy call.

    Either we're clueless or the SEC plays by a different set of rules.

    Comment

    • BoylenOver
      Junior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 9146

      #17
      Guys, my understanding of the Cody play is removing your helmet is a dead-ball foul. Because Alabama recovered the blocked FG, they would've been penalized 15 years from the spot of the recovery. But because the game can end on an offensive penalty, there wouldn't have been another snap.

      So a flag should've been thrown, but it wouldn't have given Tennessee another FG try.ß
      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

      Comment

      • BoylenOver
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 9146

        #18
        -29 for Bama this week.

        And as always:

        Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
        [YOUTUBE]Vt2BAfhUHX0[/YOUTUBE]
        "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
        "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

        Comment

        • lambdacoug
          Junior Member
          • Oct 2011
          • 3981

          #19
          Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
          This is becoming my favorite SEC rivalry. Before plans fell through, this was the Bama game I was initially going to attend, but things worked out.

          Anyway, the first salvo of the week came when Alabama AD Mal Moore denied Tennessee's request to wear their home orange jerseys in Tuscaloosa this Saturday.

          And I'll take any excuse to post this video:

          [YOUTUBE]Vt2BAfhUHX0[/YOUTUBE]
          At least he was well reasoned... lol
          Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
          - Howard Aiken

          Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
          - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

          Comment

          • New Mexican Disaster
            Suomalainen
            • Nov 2008
            • 4549

            #20
            I want 5 in a row so bad I can taste it. I was shocked to see the line at -29, even with the current state of the programs and their having a backup qb.

            I will enjoy it very much if we do in fact get the w.

            And BO this is the rivalry game you really want to attend. Auburn is also special, but the goose bumps you get before the opening kickoff when Da Bear comes on the big screen is incredible and I just think there is more dislike for the Big Tangerine than for the Barn.
            Last edited by New Mexican Disaster; 10-19-2011, 10:20 PM.

            Comment

            • BoylenOver
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 9146

              #21
              Bama makes it look easy against the Vols. 20-3.
              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

              Comment

              Working...