Official USC-Notre Dame Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #16
    Anyone think Clausen still sucks?
    *Banned*

    Comment

    • JohnnyLingo
      La Naranja
      • Nov 2008
      • 3976

      #17
      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Anyone think Clausen still sucks?
      I never thought he sucked, but if he were great, he would have gotten a TD on one of the last two plays of the game.

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #18
        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        Anyone think Clausen still sucks?
        He is an above average college QB. I don't think he is any better than Hall.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
          Time to camp
          • Nov 2008
          • 26082

          #19
          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

          3) The Golden-Domer Homers who call the ND home games are unbelievably homerish. Sickeningly so. On the Mays hit "out of bounds", where the RB was clearly still in bounds, I thought for sure the announcers would acknowledge that. Nope. It was obvious in real time, but even after watching the slow-mo replay, the color guy says "pretty easy call for the refs there." Really? The RB's feet were still in bounds!
          This would make a great CB troll about P10 refs.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

          Comment

          • Hot Lunch
            Out of Office
            • Nov 2008
            • 7842

            #20
            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            He is an above average college QB. I don't think he is any better than Hall.
            I disagree with you on both points.
            "Take it to the Bank"

            Comment

            • HuskyFreeNorthwest
              Time to camp
              • Nov 2008
              • 26082

              #21
              Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
              I disagree with you on both points.
              I am confused by what you mean. You don't think he is above average? You don't think he is = Hall? You have to talk to me like a 5 year old sometimes, I get confused easy.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

              Comment

              • Hot Lunch
                Out of Office
                • Nov 2008
                • 7842

                #22
                Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                I am confused by what you mean. You don't think he is above average? You don't think he is = Hall? You have to talk to me like a 5 year old sometimes, I get confused easy.
                Sorry, I think he is more than an above average qb. Probably top 3 or 4 in college football and I would definitely take him over Hall. I have been one of Hall's biggest supporters as well.
                "Take it to the Bank"

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #23
                  lol.

                  stupid domers.

                  Last edited by TripletDaddy; 10-17-2009, 10:23 PM.
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • cougjunkie
                    *Banned*
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 23223

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                    Sorry, I think he is more than an above average qb. Probably top 3 or 4 in college football and I would definitely take him over Hall. I have been one of Hall's biggest supporters as well.
                    I agree, his NFL prospects are also much better than Halls. Clausen has a great arm and throws the best deep ball in college football.

                    Regarding Lingos point, he had an open receiver on that last play and the receiver slipped that is obviously not his fault, but coming from a guy that has probably never played an organized sport in his life I am sure you do not understand that.
                    *Banned*

                    Comment

                    • TripletDaddy
                      sweet triple
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 58186

                      #25
                      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      I agree, his NFL prospects are also much better than Halls. Clausen has a great arm and throws the best deep ball in college football.

                      Regarding Lingos point, he had an open receiver on that last play and the receiver slipped that is obviously not his fault, but coming from a guy that has probably never played an organized sport in his life I am sure you do not understand that.
                      I stayed up late watching the ND game on TiVo.

                      People need to stop hating on Clausen. That kid is the real deal. His return home next year to the Coliseum will be fantastic....barkley v clausen Part 2.

                      Also, Notre Dame has turned a corner this season. They are not a championship contender, but they are a good team. Golden Tate is awesome. Their offense can put points on the board. And when they were left for dead, they stormed back against one of the best defenses in the nation.

                      fyi, before yesterday's game, I think SC was the only team left that had not given up a passing TD in a game this season. Clausen fixed that with an amazing TD pass.

                      I am guessing that Weis will not get fired, btw. Just my gut.

                      That was a fun game to watch, though. Exciting stuff.

                      Big question: had ND scored on that final drive....do they tie it up and go into OT at home....or go for 2 and win it? I would say tie and OT at home, but you never know......would have been cool to see....
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #26
                        Amazing factoid about Sneaky Pete:

                        Yet, it was only a nonconference game and USC always wins those. Carroll's Trojans are now a remarkable 25-0 in regular-season non-Pac-10 games since a loss at Kansas State in September of 2002.

                        If the Trojans had stopped Vince Young on fourth down in that national title game, USC would be 32-0 in all nonconference games -- with three national titles.
                        31-1 since 2002 in non-conference games, the only loss coming in the NC game.

                        Pete is a good coach.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • cougjunkie
                          *Banned*
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 23223

                          #27
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          Amazing factoid about Sneaky Pete:



                          31-1 since 2002 in non-conference games, the only loss coming in the NC game.

                          Pete is a good coach.
                          Weasly Pete also said something after the game that I loved, he said that this was not just another game, it was a rivalry game and a huge win for the program.

                          I wish BYU would take that mentality.
                          *Banned*

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #28
                            Looking at the Domers sched for the rest of the year. I think they can win out, truthfully. It isn't that crazy.

                            Check it:

                            vs. Boston College
                            vs. Washington State
                            vs. Navy
                            @ Pitt
                            vs. UConn
                            @ Stanford

                            4 home games, 2 roadies. All of them winnable. Is this the year Notre Dame wins a bowl game? They will definitely go to a bowl game.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • New Mexican Disaster
                              Suomalainen
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 4549

                              #29
                              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Looking at the Domers sched for the rest of the year. I think they can win out, truthfully. It isn't that crazy.

                              Check it:

                              vs. Boston College
                              vs. Washington State
                              vs. Navy
                              @ Pitt
                              vs. UConn
                              @ Stanford

                              4 home games, 2 roadies. All of them winnable. Is this the year Notre Dame wins a bowl game? They will definitely go to a bowl game.
                              They won a bowl game last year, although Hawaii hardly counted as an opponent. Do you mean BCS bowl game? I think they lose to Pitt and possibly Stanford. They make every game close.

                              Comment

                              • SipiTau
                                King of the 3rd Cheek
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 309

                                #30
                                Got back from Chicago this morning. Great game by the boys; nice to see the PAC 10 officials brought their crappy reffing out to the midwest. The crowd was pretty chappy this season, they really wanted this win. There's nothing better than hearing Conquest serenading the departing crowd as the Men of Troy are celebrating another victory.

                                P.S. Clausen is a little bitch. I hope for his sake he goes pro; spoke to several DL who are circling next year's game. Clausen was writing a whole lot checks that they're going to want to cash in on at the Coli.

                                Comment

                                Working...