BYU-UNLV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAAUUUGH!!!

We haven't seen a kickoff return for a touchdown since Jaron Dabney. We almost got one there.

Nuts.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Well, the defensive struggle lasted for about 3 minutes 45 seconds. OC was close. This has been a good game for the non-stars outside of Harvey. The rest of the team has really played well. One of the quietest 300 plus passing games I can remember from a BYU QB.
      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Wish they would have run some type of play to get OC a TD there. He deserved it.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

If Clayton didn't suck, UNLV would have just scored again. How long until we stop seeing Bauman covering WR's? I hope we don't have to wait until he graduates. It's painful to watch.
          A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

I am digging Justin.tv. I should have checked this out sooner, does anyone ever broadcast Cinemax with commentary?
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              I am digging Justin.tv. I should have checked this out sooner, does anyone ever broadcast Cinemax with commentary?
              justin.tv/ute_star

Comment

I'm digging DiLuigi. That has a nice sound to it.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Geez, this commentary is great stuff. Props to the guys for broadcasting the game.
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Any chance that Game Day comes for TCU/BYU?

Other games that day;
                    Auburn @ LSU, probably out after both lose today.
                    Oregon State @ USC, maybe the revenge game? OSU will be ranked.
                    Penn State @ Michigan, doesn't seem like a great matchup.
                    Oklahoma @ Kansas, if Oklahoma wins next week this seems likely.
                    South Florida @ Pitt, Big East title game?

Not a whole bunch of great games that weekend. I could see BYU being in the running.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Nah...definitely OK KS

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                        Nah...definitely OK KS
                        If OK loses next week, they won't even be ranked. (Sorry Babs!)
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                          Agreed. Props to the Mtn for finding some talent.
                          Talent? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Quite possibly the most complete game from BYU since the UCLA game last year. I know we played well against Oklahoma, but we made a lot of mistakes on offense that game.

Seems like the play calling was effortless, the execution was almost perfect, and the defense played very well. We only gave up two big plays (one on special teams) and they had a couple long drives that stalled or end up in a turnover.

Nice to see BYU put a full game together.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

So you are putting together a highlight package from this game, seriously what highlights do you include? It would be like a 10 minute reel.

Harveys 2 long runs
                              Georges unbelievable catch on 3rd down
                              Chambers 97 yard kickoff return
                              Dennis Pittas TD catch
                              Scott Johnsons 2 ints
                              Jordan Pendeltons Int
                              Pittas other reception down to the 2
                              JJ Diluigis nice catch and run for a TD
                              JJ Diluigis 40 yard run

Unbelievable the highlight reel plays in this game.
                              *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                                So you are putting together a highlight package from this game, seriously what highlights do you include? It would be like a 10 minute reel.

Harveys 2 long runs
                                Georges unbelievable catch on 3rd down
                                Chambers 97 yard kickoff return
                                Dennis Pittas TD catch
                                Scott Johnsons 2 ints
                                Jordan Pendeltons Int
                                Pittas other reception down to the 2
                                JJ Diluigis nice catch and run for a TD
                                JJ Diluigis 40 yard run

Unbelievable the highlight reel plays in this game.
                                That is what happens when you play a glorified HS team, every play becomes a great one. I want just a few highlights on Oct 24.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X