BYU falls in the coaches poll..........

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sizzle
    #ThisIsY
    • Nov 2008
    • 9004

    #16
    Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how BSU handles the curse of #5.
    They will lose the next tough game they play... So they will lose to their Bowl Opponent.

    Comment

    • Fiyero
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 5266

      #17
      Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
      They will lose the next tough game they play... So they will lose to their Bowl Opponent.
      Don't be so sure about that; they've lost only 4 of their last 5 bowl games. So there's a 20% chance that they'll win.

      Comment

      • CJF
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 8497

        #18
        Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
        They will lose the next tough game they play... So they will lose to their Bowl Opponent.
        This season has been screwy. I bet they blow one. They shouldn't, but I bet they do. Same with Houston. They're going to lose one they shouldn't.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

        Comment

        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
          Time to camp
          • Nov 2008
          • 26082

          #19
          The Coaches poll is pure genius. Signed, Cal at 19, Oregon at 25.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #20
            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            The Coaches poll is pure genius. Signed, Cal at 19, Oregon at 25.
            meanwhile, florida has yet to play a ranked team and continues to dominate the top votes.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • cougjunkie
              *Banned*
              • Nov 2008
              • 23223

              #21
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              meanwhile, florida has yet to play a ranked team and continues to dominate the top votes.
              A ranked team, I dont think they have played a D-1A team yet. Kentucky doesnt count.
              *Banned*

              Comment

              • Hot Lunch
                Out of Office
                • Nov 2008
                • 7842

                #22
                Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                A ranked team, I dont think they have played a D-1A team yet. Kentucky doesnt count.
                Florida only has 2 ranked teams on their schedule this year.

                One of which is in 2 weeks. They lucked out having a bye before going down to Baton Rouge.
                "Take it to the Bank"

                Comment

                • Indy Coug
                  Heartless Bastard
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 18747

                  #23
                  BYU got more votes in the coaches poll over last week, despite dropping a spot.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

                  http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                  Comment

                  • Hallelujah
                    Junior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 2741

                    #24
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    meanwhile, florida has yet to play a ranked team and continues to dominate the top votes.
                    Message there is to schedule weak OCC apponents, win them all and go to the bCS. As you can see with BYU, one loss and you're out. What's the purpose of making a statement about how great you are to schedule two good OCC teams?

                    Comment

                    • jay santos
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 13652

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
                      Message there is to schedule weak OCC apponents, win them all and go to the bCS. As you can see with BYU, one loss and you're out. What's the purpose of making a statement about how great you are to schedule two good OCC teams?
                      No, I think the message there is to field a team as strong as Florida's.

                      Comment

                      • byu71
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22070

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
                        Message there is to schedule weak OCC apponents, win them all and go to the bCS. As you can see with BYU, one loss and you're out. What's the purpose of making a statement about how great you are to schedule two good OCC teams?
                        http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=4884004

                        Comment

                        • Indy Coug
                          Heartless Bastard
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 18747

                          #27
                          The message is to schedule one really tough team to open the season, hope you get lucky and win and then schedule a bunch of middling-to-poor teams the rest of the year to reduce the chance that someone else gets lucky against you.
                          Everything in life is an approximation.

                          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                          Comment

                          • byu71
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22070

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                            The message is to schedule one really tough team to open the season, hope you get lucky and win and then schedule a bunch of middling-to-poor teams the rest of the year to reduce the chance that someone else gets lucky against you.
                            If I were a BSU fan, I wouldn't buy season tickets. I would pay up for the one good game at home and if I made a BCS game I would pay up to go to that one. The rest of the games I would watch on TV or Tivo them.

                            That's just me though, I wouldn't be a "true" BSu fan either. I just have never gotten into girls HS basketball, unless of course the Davis Darts are in the finals.

                            Comment

                            • Blueintheface
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 15382

                              #29
                              I think the Rams just completed another pass.
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                              Comment

                              • SeattleUte
                                Faith crisis consultant
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 20837

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                The loss to FSU still wreaking havoc, it seems.
                                The big elephant on the board: Oregon >>>>> FSU (especially Oregon at home vs. FSU in Provo)
                                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                                --Jonathan Swift

                                Comment

                                Working...