Hard Knocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Knocks

Interesting first episode. They have almost gone out of the way to not talk about Fui, even though they spent an inordinate amount of time on fullbacks. I wonder if they didn't have interest in him, or if he didn't want them to film background stuff on him?

Coats was representing with a BYU shirt in a TE meeting.

I have watched every season and so far Cincinnati is by far the least classy about cutting guys. Every other team has called the player to be cut to an office where he was told why he was being cut and given some advice about what he needs to work on to stick with another NFL team or if he gets another shot with that team. The Bengals just have a guy, wearing the worst fitting shorts in America, knock on the players door at 5:30 AM. Tell him that Cincinnati only makes cuts based on "ability" then asks where he wants to fly to.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Interesting first episode. They have almost gone out of the way to not talk about Fui, even though they spent an inordinate amount of time on fullbacks. I wonder if they didn't have interest in him, or if he didn't want them to film background stuff on him?

Coats was representing with a BYU shirt in a TE meeting.

I have watched every season and so far Cincinnati is by far the least classy about cutting guys. Every other team has called the player to be cut to an office where he was told why he was being cut and given some advice about what he needs to work on to stick with another NFL team or if he gets another shot with that team. The Bengals just have a guy, wearing the worst fitting shorts in America, knock on the players door at 5:30 AM. Tell him that Cincinnati only makes cuts based on "ability" then asks where he wants to fly to.
    Mr. Front Butt is a dick. We only make cuts based on ability?
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

That was crap. At least let his position coach break the news to him. And why 5:30 in the morning? That just seems stupid too. Looks like a first class organization all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
        Mr. Front Butt is a dick. We only make cuts based on ability?
        The guy reminds me of one of my HS coaches. Our FB was this stocky black kid with a huge ass. Anyway, after missing a block while in the backfield protecting our QB, this coach goes ballistic and calls our FB "high pockets" because of his big bubble butt. Unfortunately, the name stuck for our FB and that's what he was known as for the rest of HS. Pretty funny now that I think about it. Anyway, our FB shot right back calling the coach "booty front." Unfortunately, for this coach, the team and the other coaches thought this was the funniest thing they ever heard and the nickname also stuck.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

So nobody here liked the way the fourth string fullback got cut? Child, please.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Child, please.
            I know what that really means.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

Anyone still watching? This is one of my favorite shows on TV, last week they had the rookies do skits. Fui and Rey Mauluga did a Samoan dance, Fui has about 5 tats now.

Also not sure if some of you have seen the video of Andre Smith running the 40 with his shirt off (see below). Smith was drafted by the Bengals but is unsigned they actually did a skit making fun of his 40 which was hilarious.

Then they had a guy in short shorts ripping on Dhani Jones (for those that dont know he has his own show on the travel channel and he is an accomplished poet).

It was another great episode they cut former Nebraska running back Marlon Lucky. They said they were only keeping 3 running backs (Cedric Benson, Bernard Scott and either Dede Dorsey or Brian Leonard) so it looks like for sure they are keeping 2 fullbacks (Both Jeremy Johnson and Fui)

[YOUTUBE]dF2nYd2NOys[/YOUTUBE]
              *Banned*

Comment

Mrs. HFN and I have been watching. I meant to post something about Fui and Rey, but forgot.

HK is also one of my favorite shows and I look forward to it every year. However I think it has maybe reached the end. I feel like a lot of the guys are trying to stage things, act a little more. The best season of this ever IMO was the Chiefs year.

This year is like Real World SF compared to previous years of Real World New York and Real World LA, still good but you can tell it is going downhill. It stands at a critical juncture for next year. Can they do something different to keep it good, or is it doomed to become Real World London?
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

Mrs. HFN and I have been watching. I meant to post something about Fui and Rey, but forgot.

HK is also one of my favorite shows and I look forward to it every year. However I think it has maybe reached the end. I feel like a lot of the guys are trying to stage things, act a little more. The best season of this ever IMO was the Chiefs year.

This year is like Real World SF compared to previous years of Real World New York and Real World LA, still good but you can tell it is going downhill. It stands at a critical juncture for next year. Can they do something different to keep it good, or is it doomed to become Real World London?
                  Well when you have Chad OchoCinco stuff will be staged. Child, Please and Kiss the baby do make me laugh. I have a friend that played with him at Oregon State and he said he is the dumbest person you will ever meet. I did think it was awesome seeing him at Claires buying fake diamond earrings for $11.00 and then saying nobody can tell if they are real or fake, just because you are rich doesnt mean you have to spend it, and dont get it twisted I am rich. Or Rey bargaining over 5k for a bedroom set.
                  *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                    Well when you have Chad OchoCinco stuff will be staged. Child, Please and Kiss the baby do make me laugh. I have a friend that played with him at Oregon State and he said he is the dumbest person you will ever meet. I did think it was awesome seeing him at Claires buying fake diamond earrings for $11.00 and then saying nobody can tell if they are real or fake, just because you are rich doesnt mean you have to spend it, and dont get it twisted I am rich. Or Rey bargaining over 5k for a bedroom set.
                    There is a popular rumor here that Ocho never attended a class at Oregon State. Since he was only there for fall he never had to worry about grades, I have always thought that was funny if true. The other story is that when he signed his first contract he donated the value of his scholarship to OSU, also thought that was pretty cool.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

The show is good. Watched it last night.

The Andre Smith skit thing was hilarious. I was laughing out loud. The wife actaully came out of her office to see what I was watching.

It doesn't suprise me that the Bengals suck as they do. The owner is way too involved.

Complaining about the strains and pulls make me laugh. Good stuff.

I would love to see them be able to follow a team for an entire season.

My hopes would be that at some point to do the Seahawks. Their facilities are amazing.

Comment

There is a popular rumor here that Ocho never attended a class at Oregon State. Since he was only there for fall he never had to worry about grades, I have always thought that was funny if true. The other story is that when he signed his first contract he donated the value of his scholarship to OSU, also thought that was pretty cool.
                        I was told that Chad Ochocinco didnt even attend class when he was at his JC and neither did Steve Smith, they both wanted to attend Oregon State because that was the only school they could get in to. But Steve Smith actually decided to go to class and somehow qualified for Utah. Chad did not ended up at Oregon State failed every class he was enrolled in, and took off to the NFL.
                        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                          The show is good. Watched it last night.

The Andre Smith skit thing was hilarious. I was laughing out loud. The wife actaully came out of her office to see what I was watching.

It doesn't suprise me that the Bengals suck as they do. The owner is way too involved.

Complaining about the strains and pulls make me laugh. Good stuff.

I would love to see them be able to follow a team for an entire season.

My hopes would be that at some point to do the Seahawks. Their facilities are amazing.
                          Amen on the Mike Brown thing. Did you see him trying to be slick about cutting costs? "well if we already know they are not going to make the team lets get rid of them" He is way, way, way to involved. In fact when they did the Cowboys Jerry Jones wasnt even involved as much as Mike Brown is.
                          *Banned*

Comment

Good episode last night they spent a lot of time on Fui. Looks like Fui is in a battle to make the team. The coaches think he is a much better athlete, more fluid and a better receiver then Chris Pressley but they said he does not block as well and he is not as nasty (which surprises me).

I actually can see the Bengals keeping all 4 running backs, Cedric Benson, Bernard Scott, Brian Leonard and DeDe Dorsey. That will be an interesting battle as well.

I look forward to the season finale next week.
                            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              I was told that Chad Ochocinco didnt even attend class when he was at his JC and neither did Steve Smith, they both wanted to attend Oregon State because that was the only school they could get in to. But Steve Smith actually decided to go to class and somehow qualified for Utah. Chad did not ended up at Oregon State failed every class he was enrolled in, and took off to the NFL.
                              Well I don't know about Chad, but I know for a fact that TJ Whoseyourmama attended class, well at least one, because we were in Geography 300 together.

Comment

Working...
                              X