World Series predictions?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • brother_h8
    Banned
    • Aug 2009
    • 91

    #1

    World Series predictions?

    Yankees - Dodgers
  • Donuthole
    Official Outgayer
    • Nov 2008
    • 25268

    #2
    Sadly, I think I have to admit that the Dodgers failed to acquire the starting pitcher they likely needed to get that far. It will probably be the Phillies (barf) or the Cards (double barf) representing the NL. I haven't given up hope, but it's not looking as good as it did 2 months ago.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

    Comment

    • DU Ute
      RIP CUF
      • Dec 2008
      • 7393

      #3
      Rays-Rockies!!!!!

      Roctober version 2.0 is on the way baby!
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

      Comment

      • MartyFunkhouser
        Disciple of RNGesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 18754

        #4
        Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Sadly, I think I have to admit that the Dodgers failed to acquire the starting pitcher they likely needed to get that far. It will probably be the Phillies (barf) or the Cards (double barf) representing the NL. I haven't given up hope, but it's not looking as good as it did 2 months ago.
        I don't understand how Dodger fans are claiming this when you have the best run differential in the NL by 45 runs. This is also the best run differential in MLB. Your pitching has been solid all year. I believe it was you who stated you had the best pitching in the NL 1-4. The Dodgers pitching staff has given up the 2nd fewest runs in the NL.

        I would never predict the World Series, because there is so much luck involved with getting there, but the Dodgers chances are probably better than any other NL team.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

        Comment

        • Donuthole
          Official Outgayer
          • Nov 2008
          • 25268

          #5
          Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
          I don't understand how Dodger fans are claiming this when you have the best run differential in the NL by 45 runs. This is also the best run differential in MLB. Your pitching has been solid all year. I believe it was you who stated you had the best pitching in the NL 1-4. The Dodgers pitching staff has given up the 2nd fewest runs in the NL.

          I would never predict the World Series, because there is so much luck involved with getting there, but the Dodgers chances are probably better than any other NL team.
          Let me add to my growing list of concerns the fact that you think the Dodgers are the best team in the NL. However, I can't tell if you are being completely honest in saying so, or if you are merely searching out statistics to support such a stance, in hopes of jinxing them.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

          Comment

          • MartyFunkhouser
            Disciple of RNGesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 18754

            #6
            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            Let me add to my growing list of concerns the fact that you think the Dodgers are the best team in the NL. However, I can't tell if you are being completely honest in saying so, or if you are merely searching out statistics to support such a stance, in hopes of jinxing them.
            I certainly don't enjoy saying the Dodgers are the best team, but the statistics do back me up.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

            Comment

            • Color Me Badd Fan
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 12519

              #7
              Originally posted by brother_h8 View Post
              Yankees - Dodgers
              I'm sure MLB and Fox would love that. But I have a sneaking suspicion that the Phillies' acquisition of Cliff Lee will play a huge role in shattering that dream in the postseason.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

              Comment

              • Fiyero
                Banned
                • Nov 2008
                • 5266

                #8
                Originally posted by brother_h8 View Post
                Yankees - Dodgers
                There is too much parity in baseball to pick the teams with the two best regular season records. More often than not, neither team makes it to the series, let alone one of them, let alone both.

                Comment

                • Guest

                  #9
                  Originally posted by brother_h8 View Post
                  Yankees - Dodgers
                  Really going out on a limb with that pick.

                  Comment

                  Working...