That ain't no woman, it's a man, man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That ain't no woman, it's a man, man!

It will be interesting to see how transgender athletes will affect women's sports.

This article about the Montana runner that recently transitioned is interesting.
    https://www.outsideonline.com/240173...gender-runners

We will see how this year plays out for her. This is a case of someone that was fairly elite as a man, took the year off that the NCAA requires with hormone therapy, and is now just starting competition.

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    It will be interesting to see how transgender athletes will affect women's sports.

This article about the Montana runner that recently transitioned is interesting.
    https://www.outsideonline.com/240173...gender-runners

We will see how this year plays out for her. This is a case of someone that was fairly elite as a man, took the year off that the NCAA requires with hormone therapy, and is now just starting competition.
    Why don't men and women compete against each other? Is it a psychological thing, or is there a physical difference? Pretty sure men and former men have a competitive advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      Why don't men and women compete against each other?
      I thought you were married?
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

they should throw everyone into a big pool together. men, women, trans, whatever. women dont need their own divisions and trans people are just outlining the fact. silly that they divide some athletic events, dont divide other athletic events, and never divide academic events.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          they should throw everyone into a big pool together. men, women, trans, whatever. women dont need their own divisions and trans people are just outlining the fact. silly that they divide some athletic events, dont divide other athletic events, and never divide academic events.
          Can we wait till after my daughter gets an athletic scholarship (knock on wood)?

Comment

The social conservatives and social liberals are both science deniers. Gender differences are real (not just regarding athletic prowess but in a multitude of other ways) and denying the science of gender differences is one of the preferred ways the social liberals are science deniers.

Comment

This is crazy talk.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                This is crazy talk.
                Afraid to compete with the lady folk on equal footing, eh?
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Idaho recently passed the Fairness in Women’s Sports Act, which prohibits biological boys and men from participating in girls or women’s sports teams in all public schools, colleges, and universities. Apparently it was the first of its kind in the US.

https://www.jurist.org/news/2020/03/...gender-people/

Yesterday the ACLU (or as grape would call it, the Anti-Christian Lawyers' Union) sued Idaho over the new law.

https://www.aclu.org/legal-document/...ttle-complaint
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Other than mixed doubles (in tennis, volleyball, *cough* figure skating) not sure what athletic events aren't divided by gender. Quidditch?
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                      Other than mixed doubles (in tennis, volleyball, *cough* figure skating) not sure what athletic events aren't divided by gender. Quidditch?
                      football, wrestling
                      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        football, wrestling
                        wrestling is separated in california and in college

Comment

Working...
                        X