We Will Sing of Zion: NBA 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    just pre-season, but the thread bears his name and honestly, he might be the best show in sports right now.

Zion is averaging 23 pts in 27 minutes a game on 71% FGs - and looks entirely unstoppable in the process.
    The guy is a freakish athlete for sure. However, his lack of plate discipline should make anyone cautious about his future.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
      The guy is a freakish athlete for sure. However, his lack of plate discipline should make anyone cautious about his future.
      people keep talking about his lack of plate discipline and he just continues to dominate. until his size becomes a detriment (as of now it's a significant benefit to his game), i'm going to give him a pass.

oh, and just calling him a freakish athlete does him a disservice. he's a freakish talent.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

It's sad to see him all fresh and still a fun person - only to see him interviewed by idiots who ask inane questions, and will eventually turn him into a "both sides played hard" monster. Dude is going to earn his money.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

people keep talking about his lack of plate discipline and he just continues to dominate. until his size becomes a detriment (as of now it's a significant benefit to his game), i'm going to give him a pass.

oh, and just calling him a freakish athlete does him a disservice. he's a freakish talent.
          F=MA. More M the better.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            F=MA. More M the better.
            If F is constant, more M means less A.

I doubt anybody on this board would claim to not wanting more A.
            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
              If F is constant, more M means less A.

I doubt anybody on this board would claim to not wanting more A.
              in his case, the A doesn't seem to be affected by the amount of M. additionally, i have to imagine he gets plenty of A.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

If the dude doesn't have enough self control to focus on what his body is taking in and he is playing over weight, his body is going to break down. He may be able to get away with it early, while he is still young, but it will take it's toll.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                  F=MA. More M the better.
                  More M on his joints isn't going to work out well.

Comment

If the dude doesn't have enough self control to focus on what his body is taking in and he is playing over weight, his body is going to break down. He may be able to get away with it early, while he is still young, but it will take it's toll.
                    I agree. I think I read that Barkley came into the league around 280 290 and then cut down to playing weight of 250ish. I imagine Zion will do similar. Maybe not that drastic.

Comment

BMI calculations really don't mean much, but I find them interesting nonetheless.

At 6' 6", 285 pounds, Williamson's BMI would be 32.9 - firmly in Obese territory.

He would have to drop over 25 pounds, down to 259, in order to get to "Overweight" turf; and another 43 pounds all the way down to 216 before he hits "Normal".

Comment

you're probably right. for now, i will enjoy watching this entirely unique and great player dominate. it will be interesting to see if he can get into that 260-265 range. which is still huge, of course for a 6'6" dude, but perhaps a bit more sustainable.

at this point, as athletic as he is, he even walks (sorta waddles along) like a fat guy.
                        Last edited by smokymountainrain; 10-14-2019, 12:45 PM.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                          BMI calculations really don't mean much, but I find them interesting nonetheless.

At 6' 6", 285 pounds, Williamson's BMI would be 32.9 - firmly in Obese territory.

He would have to drop over 25 pounds, down to 259, in order to get to "Overweight" turf; and another 43 pounds all the way down to 216 before he hits "Normal".
                          to think he has a 45" vert as an obese dude. damn. if ever a guy were a freak of nature.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

to think he has a 45" vert as an obese dude. damn. if ever a guy were a freak of nature.
                            Every step he takes - is working those calf muscles. He must do ten thousand "lifts" a day.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I'm at the Kings preseason game tonight. Melbourne United has played them pretty tight. But that is ok, they are still going to be awesome this season. Marvin Bagley is a beast.

Comment

Zion and his fat self will miss at least the first 2 weeks of the season. Booooo!

Comment

Working...
                                X