MLB 2018 Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    No way. Not coming off his shoulder injury. They will save him for game 5. He could only go 4 innings in game 1 as it was.
    You may be right. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Cora starts him. He’s had quite a few head scratchers in the playoffs, most of them thankfully have gone his way. If not Sale, then I would bet Rodriguez. Pomeranz hasn’t started in like forever, and Rodriguez only pitched against 1 hitter yesterday.

Good article on Eovaldi this morning. He was great. He did everything right for 6 innings. But it wasn’t enough when Betts went 0 for like 50.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/r...amazing_effort
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

Boston will do the Milwaukee thing tonight and burn up their bullpen early and often to scramble out innings knowing they probably won’t win and will save sale for tomorrow who has to pitch into the 7th or 8th. They are in big trouble with their pitching staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Rich Hill—or as his teammates affectionately call him, Dick Mountain, all lined up to start for Dodgers, no? Boston never had to throw Pomeranz, so either him or Sale on short rest, I’m guessing. But once the starters are out, it gets interesting.
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Dodgers officially said tonight's starter is TBD. Rosenthal thinks it's just gamesmanship.

Boston is in a pickle. Didn't realize game 5 is tomorrow. Pomeranz hasn't pitched in a month. Rodriguez is the other option out of the pen. If the Dodgers can knock them out early Cora may have to punt game 4. Given Sale's shoulder game 5 is a bit more tenuous for Boston as well. That win last night could have flipped the series.
          Yep. If the Dodgers get some runs on the board early - and Boston doesn't match - the Red Sox are in the bullpen desert wilderness. Cora may well punt to have some dry powder for games five and six.
          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

I still think Dodgers win tonight. But I'm walking away from the ledge this morning. I was very worried about our pitching after game 3, and had visions of Cleveland blowing through their pitchers to win a game but lose the series in 2016 (at least that's how I remember it). But looking at the stats, only Porcello and Eovaldi pitched more than an inning. Relief pitching should still be fine. Being careful with Sale is important, but I think both he and Price will be ready for games back in Boston. We won't see Eovaldi anytime soon though. Maybe a game 7.

If the Sox are 'destined' to lose tonight, I hope Cora sees it soon enough and plays his pitchers smartly. Both offenses are going to be tired tonight, so it'll be interesting to see who breaks through. If the series evens up and we get a fresh start on Sunday, I still like the Sox winning in 6.
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Solid pitching on both sides so far. Some bats need to wake up.
              - SeattleUte

Comment

Puig got all of that one. Man.

Comment

Ill never understand the rush to get to the bullpen. Lin Manuel Miranda comes in and promptly walks the first batter he faces. Sort of like last night. Well, exactly like last night.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

MLB 2018 Playoffs

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Ill never understand the rush to get to the bullpen. Lin Manuel Miranda comes in and promptly walks the first batter he faces. Sort of like last night. Well, exactly like last night.
                    And he promptly brings in Madson with two runners on. You know, the guy who allows every inherited runner to score.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      And he promptly brings in Madson with two runners on. You know, the guy who allows every inherited runner to score.
                      I was hoping he would only allow the inherited runners to score, but he went ahead and threw in an extra. Unreal.

Comment

• Now things just got interesting!
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Madson. I don't know about pulling Hill there, but he was pretty deep into the pitch count.

Comment

• Wash, rinse, repeat. Fuck you, Dave Roberts.

Comment

• wow. The big Sox hitters are still asleep, but I’ll take these!
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                Wash, rinse, repeat. Fuck you, Dave Roberts.
                                Hah. I told my wife,"Madson let the inherited runners score; now Jansen will come in early and give up a run to lose the lead."

Comment

Working...
                                X