No announcement yet.

Europe Club Soccer -- Champions League, EPL, etc, MLS not allowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting to see where neymar will go now. seems like PSG have bet on mbappe with that contract and obv they will keep messi around. seems like chelsea are front runners but idk about ney in the premier league.
    Last edited by doubled1986; 06-14-2022, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Anyone watching EPL this season? Erling Haaland with 10 goals in 6 games for Man City (and another 2 ini Champions League yesterday). Arsenal at the top of the table. Tuchel fired just 6 weeks in, less than 2 years after winning Champions league. Man United finding success with Ten Hag after a disastrous start. Wild season already.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
        Anyone watching EPL this season? Erling Haaland with 10 goals in 6 games for Man City (and another 2 ini Champions League yesterday). Arsenal at the top of the table. Tuchel fired just 6 weeks in, less than 2 years after winning Champions league. Man United finding success with Ten Hag after a disastrous start. Wild season already.
        I'm a big EPL and Arsenal fan. Haaland looks like a beast. Arsenal will be fighting for the fourth CL spot by the end of the year. When they're both at full strength, I think Liverpool and Man City are the two best teams in the world, with Liverpool getting the slight edge. But Liverpool has less depth. And City's lead even this early won't be easy to close the gap.

I wonder if Tuchel leaving will help or hurt Pulisic. He was getting in most games as a sub but rarely starting. I think Pulisic should have tried harder to leave in order to get more playing time. He's just not quite good enough for the level Chelsea expects.

Comment

I've started watching the EPL on USA a decent amount. Just a great league. I'm trying to pick a team to support, but I feel like the bottom half will simply relegate me to cheering for perrenial basement dwellers. If I pick top half, I'm a fairweather fan. Liverpool is owned by Fenway Sports Group, but I'm pretty down on the Red Sox management and have scarcely watched a game since the cheating scandal.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            I've started watching the EPL on USA a decent amount. Just a great league. I'm trying to pick a team to support, but I feel like the bottom half will simply relegate me to cheering for perrenial basement dwellers. If I pick top half, I'm a fairweather fan. Liverpool is owned by Fenway Sports Group, but I'm pretty down on the Red Sox management and have scarcely watched a game since the cheating scandal.
            I started watching in '11/'12 and rooted for Man City because they were an up and coming team, getting on tv a lot, and I wanted to root against perennial champs Manchester United. That season ended with the famous Aguerooooooo! goal at 93:20 that sealed the championship over Man United after United thought they'd won it, and I've been hooked on City ever since. It remains one of the most exciting sports moments I've ever watched. That season ender took me from casual fan who caught a game or two to a fan who doesn't miss a game. Now City has become the team that wins every year and I look like a bandwagon fan but I don't care.

I'd say just enjoy watching good european football until a team speaks to you. Peacock is $5/month and gets you every EPL game live or on replay (the ones that aren't live are on NBC and USA.. Best part of being an American fan is you can watch and root for whoever you want and nobody here really cares.

Sorry, this is the proper video. One of the greatest sports calls I've heard. The way he let the crowd put the exclamation point on it before he gives his famous line "I swear you'll never see anything like it again, so watch it, drink it in" is masterful.
            Last edited by SteelBlue; 09-07-2022, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Erling Haaland, 2 games since WC (Caribou and regular season) 3 goals. Premier League going to be an exciting second half. So curious to see if Arsenal can hold off City. I suspect Man U and Liverpool are coming into form in this second half of the season and will have a lot to say about the final standings than they did about the first half. Newcastle goes from almost being relegated last year to being solidly in the hunt for a Champion's League spot. Great season. If you're not watching, you can catch games every Sat/Sun on NBC and USA. Peacock streams them all as well.

Comment

Haaland scores early but Everton equalizes on a worldie. Rest of the game was one of the most boring I've watched in years. Ref's headset malfunction for 10 minutes in between fouls and time wasting. City drop points in a 1-1 draw and Arsenal have to be ecstatic. Also, Man United has worked their way into a Champions League spot. Completely different squad sans Ronaldo.
                Last edited by SteelBlue; 12-31-2022, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Santos, your Gunners are looking unstoppable. I keep expecting them to finally start a losing streak but they are just pulling away. I think it's your year. Have you watched the Amazon All or Nothing doc on Arsenal yet? They always do a great job and the Arsenal one is excellent. Can't wait for Arteta vs Pep.

Comment

Santos, your Gunners are looking unstoppable. I keep expecting them to finally start a losing streak but they are just pulling away. I think it's your year. Have you watched the Amazon All or Nothing doc on Arsenal yet? They always do a great job and the Arsenal one is excellent. Can't wait for Arteta vs Pep.
                    Yes, I'm really enjoying this season. I still am not sure how or why this evolved for me, but I started watching Premier League regularly maybe about 10-12 years ago. Then I decided to choose a favorite team. Choosing between the Top 6 in the Premier League, I ended up with Arsenal. Over the past ten years, soccer has become my favorite sport to watch, and Arsenal is surpassing BYU FB and BB as my favorite team to follow.

This season is wild. Going into the season, the reasonable Arsenal fans have been cautiously optimistic that our young players were developing well, and the team has been making smart player acquisitions, but looking at the rest of the Big 6, seems like a tall enough task just to fight for Top 4. City: best team in the world and backed with unlimited budget. Liverpool: has been the second best team in the world recently but with the loss of Mane and players aging, they started really slow, but very well managed and I expect them to be right back to where they've been. Man United: good players, huge budget, good new manager. Chelsea: same. Tot: Kane, Son, and bringing in Conte everyone expected a lot from them. Now you have Newcastle, who is likely going to be another oil megaclub.

So, I'm expecting a good fight for Top 4 this season. Now almost midway, we're at the top by a wide margin with one of the best starts ever in PL history. Nuts. Everything's come together so perfectly. Saka, Martinelli are developing into legit world class wings. Odegaard a world class 10. Gabi Jesus came in and did exactly what we needed at striker. I hope he can come back soon. Partey is playing like the best DM in the world. He's a rapist, but he's good at soccer. Back four is sold. Zinchenko really opens up the offense at LB. Even Xhaka is transformed.

They really are a fun team to watch right now. They play an exciting brand of soccer. This Newcastle game tomorrow should be a really good game.

My prediction for top 4. 1. Man City 2. Arsenal 3. Liverpool 4. United. Arsenal has a big lead, but I just don't see them staving off City, and I would not be shocked if Liverpool comes back with a vengeance and beats us out for second. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Arsenal struggles and a few of the top 7 step it up and we end up in a fight for fourth.

If anyone enjoyed World Cup and wants to try out European club soccer, watching two of the best PL teams play is a step above World Cup in talent level and more exciting in terms of style of play. Watch Man City, Liverpool, or Arsenal right now for the best talent and style of play. Watch Chelsea. Pulisic started last two games. Most of the good games are on USA TV channel and all the rest are on Peacock.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post

They really are a fun team to watch right now. They play an exciting brand of soccer. This Newcastle game tomorrow should be a really good game.

My prediction for top 4. 1. Man City 2. Arsenal 3. Liverpool 4. United. Arsenal has a big lead, but I just don't see them staving off City, and I would not be shocked if Liverpool comes back with a vengeance and beats us out for second. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Arsenal struggles and a few of the top 7 step it up and we end up in a fight for fourth.

If anyone enjoyed World Cup and wants to try out European club soccer, watching two of the best PL teams play is a step above World Cup in talent level and more exciting in terms of style of play. Watch Man City, Liverpool, or Arsenal right now for the best talent and style of play. Watch Chelsea. Pulisic started last two games. Most of the good games are on USA TV channel and all the rest are on Peacock.
                      I have today off so I get to watch the game. Should be a great match. One of the best parts of being an American fan in a city where I literally may be one of 100 or so people who watch is that I can just enjoy the league without all the required hating. I'm a City fan, but I love watching all the big 6, and really I'll watch any PL match. With each passing year I find I like watching soccer more than any other sport. College football and NFL included. Timeouts and ads drive me crazy now.

My prediction for top 4: 1 Arsenal 2 City 3 United 4 Liverpool.

Champions League: City (purely hopeful prediction).

Comment

I have today off so I get to watch the game. Should be a great match. One of the best parts of being an American fan in a city where I literally may be one of 100 or so people who watch is that I can just enjoy the league without all the required hating. I'm a City fan, but I love watching all the big 6, and really I'll watch any PL match. With each passing year I find I like watching soccer more than any other sport. College football and NFL included. Timeouts and ads drive me crazy now.

Yeah, one of the interesting things about PL is how intense the fan hate is. Maybe it's just the nature of Reddit, where I get most of my info from, but fans are crazy myopic/hateful/intense when it comes to rivalries. I still can't really get into Tottenham hate like my other Arsenal fan brothers. Like an Arsenal fan *might* be able to have a balanced take on City or maybe even Liverpool but never if it's Tottenham, Chelsea, or United. I'm like you. I enjoy watching them all.

Comment

DVR ftw
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Man City Chelsea today at 1. It's a shame a game like this isn't hyped in the US. Pulisic's in the starting lineup. According to 538 rankings https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...club-rankings/ this is the #2 vs #14 teams in the world and we have our American star featured. Looks like Pep for City is finally putting out his strongest XI.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                              Man City Chelsea today at 1. It's a shame a game like this isn't hyped in the US. Pulisic's in the starting lineup. According to 538 rankings https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...club-rankings/ this is the #2 vs #14 teams in the world and we have our American star featured. Looks like Pep for City is finally putting out his strongest XI.
                              Not only no hype, but not even on USA. Relegated to the cock. Great game. Pulisic got hurt early and had to leave, and this one was tight. Chelsea seemed to get more possession against City than any team in a while though I haven't looked at stats, it just feels true. This one could've gone either way, but City take it. Chelsea looked like the team from 2 seasons ago but with a bunch of youngsters on the field that I don’t know.
                              Last edited by SteelBlue; 01-05-2023, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Chelsea pay $11M to rent Jao Felix for half a season and first game he gets a red card that causes them to lose to Fulham. Couldn't have happened to a more likable club.

Comment

Working...
                                X