Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
    by what metric?
    The one that says he didn't play for the Lakers.

On another topic does anyone remember that Triple person that used to flood this thread with posts/Twitter updates/YouTube vids? I hope he's ok.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      Even I have a hard time hating Kobe these days. Hatred has turned to pity (three season ending injuries in the last three seasons - WTF?) and even respect. I don't like the selfish SOB Kobe was, but I'm starting to enjoy a lot of his public comments and I think it's incredible that he's been able to play at such a high level for so long.

Still makes no sense to hate James if you're a basketball fan.
      For the same reasons to hate Kobe Bryant, except that Bron Bron refuses to accept that he is an asshole.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
        by what metric?
        You wanted MJ taking all the shots on those Bulls teams.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
          I checked out the Wizards/Lakers game last night. I don't think there is a player on the Lakers who would start for the Wizards. And the Lakers have very little in the way of future draft assets. They may be able to buy there way out of this but I doubt it. I'm not sure the organization is prepared for what its about to go through.
          Flystripper is right. They will have a top 5 pick this year (most likely #1 as the NBA is rigged) along with Julius Randle coming back from injury. Which means you have Okafor and Randle in your front court. They will sit tight during 2015 free agency as the class is fairly weak unless they can sign Aldridge.

In 2016 they will have another lottery pick. So now you have Okafor, Randle, and let's throw a name out there how about Malik Newman who is a high school guard right now. Then the 2016 class will feature Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Anthony Davis (restricted), Mike Conley, Durant.

We know free agents want to play in LA. So now you add Durant and Conley. Team them up with Okafor, Randle and Newman. You probably have enough to win a title. Also remember that Lebron can opt out at anytime as well.
          *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            The thing that surprises me so much about Kobe Bryant is that there are still Kobe haters. As a semi-professional hater, I know a lot about hating. Hating Kobe Bryant is about 4 years past its prime, if not longer. He is an asshole, but he acknowledges it and embraces it. That alone should stop the hating on him. Combine it with his decline as a player and the hating should be done.

James long since replaced him as the player that should be the primary target of hatred in the NBA, and even Bron Bron hating feels like it is past its prime (although I'm willing to consider another opinion on this one).
            Funny a guy obsessed with hating on Lebron is whining that people hate Kobe

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Flystripper is right. They will have a top 5 pick this year (most likely #1 as the NBA is rigged) along with Julius Randle coming back from injury. Which means you have Okafor and Randle in your front court. They will sit tight during 2015 free agency as the class is fairly weak unless they can sign Aldridge.

In 2016 they will have another lottery pick. So now you have Okafor, Randle, and let's throw a name out there how about Malik Newman who is a high school guard right now. Then the 2016 class will feature Al Horford, Joakim Noah, Anthony Davis (restricted), Mike Conley, Durant.

We know free agents want to play in LA. So now you add Durant and Conley. Team them up with Okafor, Randle and Newman. You probably have enough to win a title. Also remember that Lebron can opt out at anytime as well.
              Yep. The Lakers are biding their time. This year's draft is pretty stacked. The Lakers right now will keep their 1st round pick and also get the Rockets 1st round pick. Plus they should keep their 2nd round pick and possibly get the clippers 2nd round pick. Kobe is done after next season. Hopefully he retires this summer. They play out next season with a really young team surrounded by cheap garbage on short term deals to make a run at the FAs in 2016. I know many are gleefully dancing with the Lakers down. They won't be down forever. Kobe will be gone. Someone will want to come to LA to be the alpha male and run this town. They'll have young talent under contract (JR and this year's picks), max money to offer and enough left over to fill out a championship roster.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• And the Lakers have very little in the way of future draft assets. They may be able to buy there way out of this but I doubt it. I'm not sure the organization is prepared for what its about to go through.
                As an avowed Laker hater, this makes me so happy. I had hoped Kobe's current contract would cripple the organization, but I didn't see the Lakers falling this far so fast.

The most telling sign is that Laker fans claim even if Kobe had taken less money, "No big-time free agents were coming to the Lakers anyway".

If that's the truth, then I don't see the team competing for titles anytime soon. No great free agent signings plus the current leadership of the Buss Wonder Kids = mediocrity, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
                  As an avowed Laker hater, this makes me so happy. I had hoped Kobe's current contract would cripple the organization, but I didn't see the Lakers falling this far so fast.

The most telling sign is that Laker fans claim even if Kobe had taken less money, "No big-time free agents were coming to the Lakers anyway".

If that's the truth, then I don't see the team competing for titles anytime soon. No great free agent signings plus the current leadership of the Buss Wonder Kids = mediocrity, IMO.
                  The Lakers could have 4 picks this year. Best case scenario they'd get the #1, #15, #31, #51.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

...as long as Kobe remains on the team and believes he is an elite player. With Kobe out of the picture, free agents will want to sign with LA as they always have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      The Lakers could have 4 picks this year. Best case scenario they'd get the #1, #15, #31, #51.
                      I can't think of a team that hit on four draft picks in the same draft. What's your best case player development outcome, considering this best-case draft scenario occurs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                        Funny a guy obsessed with hating on Lebron is whining that people hate Kobe
                        I note that I have been very silent on Bron Bron hating for a good amount of time. As I said, I think Bron Bron hating is past its prime. I'm actually not paying enough attention to the NBA these days to even know who the primary villain is anymore.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                          I note that I have been very silent on Bron Bron hating for a good amount of time. As I said, I think Bron Bron hating is past its prime. I'm actually not paying enough attention to the NBA these days to even know who the primary villain is anymore.
                          Lance Stephenson is pretty hated. But probably not good enough to really engender true universal dislike.

Comment

I can't think of a team that hit on four draft picks in the same draft. What's your best case player development outcome, considering this best-case draft scenario occurs?
                            I didn't say that they would hit on all four. I think their top 5 pick will be very good though and hopefully contribute for a long time.

My point was to refute the idea they don't have draft assets that made you so happy.
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              I didn't say that they would hit on all four. I think their top 5 pick will be very good though and hopefully contribute for a long time.

My point was to refute the idea they don't have draft assets that made you so happy.
                              Oh. I never said anything about draft assets, but I do think the current leadership is bad enough to blow the picks. Which makes me happy.

Comment

• I'm not sure if Randle is ever going to be right, the injuries are troubling. They actually need to land that #1 pick before we start talking about Okafor.

As for free agents, I see Washington as the front runner for Durant. They already have some pieces in place and the East will still be a lot easier at that point than the West. Horford and Noah are nice pieces to have, but they won't turn the Lakers into a contender.
                                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                                X