No announcement yet.

Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the court side seats still in big demand for the Laker games? I would hate to put out the $116,000 for a season ticket to watch that mess this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
      Are the court side seats still in big demand for the Laker games? I would hate to put out the $116,000 for a season ticket to watch that mess this year.
      You sound like BYU71
      *Banned*

Comment

• 76ers.....beware.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• http://deadspin.com/the-lakers-suck-...sho-1654894742

Below is a highlight reel from last night's game. I'd like to call your attention to Carlos Boozer in this video. Specifically, I'd like you to watch him during the Suns' highlights, most of which happen because he sucks. Even more specifically, I'd like you to think about the Lakers' NBA-worst 117.4 DefRtg (points allowed per 100 possessions), while you watch Carlos Boozer do whatever the damn hell he is doing at the defensive end.

It's been a long time since Boozer wasn't a horrendous defensive player; even the past couple of seasons on Tom Thibodeau's defense-minded Bulls, he usually couldn't be bothered to muster more than an occasional Effort Face at that end. He doesn't even bother with the Effort Face anymore. He is the :expressionless: emoji at the defensive end, now, both facially and in the sense that neither he nor the :expressionless: emoji moves, at all, ever. The Lakers could scarcely do worse at the defensive end if they replaced him with a mop bucket with "CARLOS BOOZER" written on it. Depending on the circumference of the bucket, it might at least record a couple of steals if opposing players dribbled the ball into it.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I think sometimes people don't understand just how bad Boozer is defensively until he's on their team.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Watching little Isaiah Thomas (and every other PG in the league) just attack the rim while he watches gives me the shivers. What an asshole.
              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Even the evil Lakers and Kobe deserve better than Boozer.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• this season is a non-starter for LAL so Boozer basically guarantees more losses, which in turn increases the chances for a better draft pick. Im hoping these Kobe/NYK trade rumors are true, that would be a very nice Xmas present.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    this season is a non-starter for LAL so Boozer basically guarantees more losses, which in turn increases the chances for a better draft pick. Im hoping these Kobe/NYK trade rumors are true, that would be a very nice Xmas present.
                    I hate to be the one to tell you that Santa Claus isn't real but:

Last weekend, however, Bryant rejected the notion of finishing his career anywhere else but in Los Angeles. “I hear the chatter of Kobe should ask out and he should go and play for a contender in this latter stage of his career,” Bryant told Yahoo! Sports. “But that’s not what I do. I’m extremely loyal to the Lakers.

“I believe in fighting through the tough times as well as enjoying the good times. It’s my responsibility to get us to be the best that we can be. It’s important that we approach that on a day-to-day basis.”
                    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1999663
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• he's loyal until they tell him politely to take a hike.

Bonsignore wrote a good piece on this issue a couple of days ago

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/2014...r-loyalty-sake

it makese sense on pretty much every level. If he stays in LA, both parties lose. If he goes elsewhere, he has a chance to win more games, at least. And LAL can finally start moving forward without a huge anchor around its neck.

sigpic

Comment

• Kobe and Melo would have a cat fight at halftime over who gets to shoot more. It would be must see TV. I hope it happens.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                          Kobe and Melo would have a cat fight at halftime over who gets to shoot more. It would be must see TV. I hope it happens.
                          you rarely see what is happening in the locker room at halftime.

sigpic

Comment

• Boozer is to the Lakers what Tyrone Corbin was to the Jazz last year -- a stealthy way to tank.
                            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Lake Show went all out to let Kobe know how great it was he passed MJ on the scoring list.

127.jpg
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

• I heard he sat and silently ate a cake by himself. Sad. It isn't Mark Madsen dancing at a championship parade, but it's right up there.
                                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Working...
                                X