Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    That game was U-G-L-Y. Freaking sloppy, horrible play all night. Drew mailed it in after the first quarter. He really pissed me off tonight. He blew a dunk. Made silly fouls 20+ feet from the basket guarding Hermanito Gasol and in transition. Kobe decided before the game he was going to take the record tonight no matter what. He missed his first 3 shots and then 2 FT's all of them short. I think the minutes, road trip, and back to back after a tough in Boston took their toll. Foul trouble plagued the Lakers. All the bigs were in foul trouble. Pau picked up 2 and was on the bench just a few minutes into the first and never got it going after that. Fisher sucks ass. Didn't make a bucket until 2 minutes left in the game. Then all of a sudden heat checks on the next possession by going off the dribble with a step back baseline jumper. Artest was shooting well, but he missed the wide open trey at the end off a pass from Kobe to win it. It was a horrible possession for the Lakers. The Lakers had the ball with 16 seconds left off a missed FT and Kobe dribbled out the clock. They should have went for the tie immediately. The Lakers shot 50% from the field. Both Kobe and Pau sucking. Had they hit their average they would have won.
    You forgot to mention that fact the Kobe couldn't dribble past Gasol Lite and he forced Kobe to pass. I thought that was great defense for the big man, especially against the likes of a Kobe Bryant. He continues to impress.
    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
      You forgot to mention that fact the Kobe couldn't dribble past Gasol Lite and he forced Kobe to pass. I thought that was great defense for the big man, especially against the likes of a Kobe Bryant. He continues to impress.
      Since I was watching via League Pass I got to hear the Grizzlies commentating crew. Here's a few observations.

1. They hate Kobe and Odom. The color guy was ripping Kobe all night saying things like "Kobe can't make any play with the ball without looking at the ref afterwards" and "Odom must have gone to the same referee complaining school as Kobe." And this continued all game long. It was funny at first. Then it got annoying.

2. They didn't appreciate that the Lakers seem to have as many fans there as the Grizzlies.

3. They love the Gasol brothers. They kept talking them up then entire game saying they're the nicest kids anyone could ever meet. They weren't bitter about the Pau trade either. In fact they kept saying because of that trade they got Marc and the cap space to sign Z-Bo.

4. Did you know the Gasols' parents are 6'3" (dad) and 6'1" (mom)? I assumed they were at least 6'6" or more to produce two 7' kids. I hope I hit the genetic lottery with my kids.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Since I was watching via League Pass I got to hear the Grizzlies commentating crew. Here's a few observations.

1. They hate Kobe and Odom. The color guy was ripping Kobe all night saying things like "Kobe can't make any play with the ball without looking at the ref afterwards" and "Odom must have gone to the same referee complaining school as Kobe." And this continued all game long. It was funny at first. Then it got annoying.

2. They didn't appreciate that the Lakers seem to have as many fans there as the Grizzlies.

3. They love the Gasol brothers. They kept talking them up then entire game saying they're the nicest kids anyone could ever meet. They weren't bitter about the Pau trade either. In fact they kept saying because of that trade they got Marc and the cap space to sign Z-Bo.

4. Did you know the Gasols' parents are 6'3" (dad) and 6'1" (mom)? I assumed they were at least 6'6" or more to produce two 7' kids. I hope I hit the genetic lottery with my kids.
        You know their color guy is Sean Touhy made famous by the book/movie The Blindside. Michael Ohers adopted father.
        *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          You know their color guy is Sean Touhy made famous by the book/movie The Blindside. Michael Ohers adopted father.
          I did not know that. They didn't even mention it and Oher was in attendance. They kept showing him and talked quite a bit about him. They even interviewed him. He picked the Colts to win the SB.
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

I did not know that. They didn't even mention it and Oher was in attendance. They kept showing him and talked quite a bit about him. They even interviewed him. He picked the Colts to win the SB.
            I am sure Oher attends lots of games for free.
            *Banned*

Comment

You are shit outta luck unless Gidget gets a big time growth spurt.
              I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                You are shit outta luck unless Gidget gets a big time growth spurt.
                It always seems to me that moms dictate height.

a mom over 6 feet almost always guarantees a son over 6'6"

Unscientific I know, but it seem to hold true in my experience.
                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  It always seems to me that moms dictate height.

a mom over 6 feet almost always guarantees a son over 6'6"

Unscientific I know, but it seem to hold true in my experience.
                  Sounds good to me. My grandma was 6 feet even and my dad was 6'7" until he had back surgery and is now 6'6". My mom is 5'2" and I am 6'2".
                  I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

• I am officially on the can't wait for playoffs to start train. That game was brutal to watch. Thank goodness I feel asleep for most of the 2nd half.
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

I am officially on the can't wait for playoffs to start train. That game was brutal to watch. Thank goodness I feel asleep for most of the 2nd half.
                      Capt. Jax sure comes to play against Kobe, eh? Beating the Bobcats at home is exhilarating! I'm not sure I've experienced this before.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
                        Capt. Jax sure comes to play against Kobe, eh? Beating the Bobcats at home is exhilarating! I'm not sure I've experienced this before.
                        It's weird how that team just matches up so well against us. The Lakers looked pathetic. Sloppy play. Kobe was off. We were lucky Wallace was out.
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

It's weird how that team just matches up so well against us. The Lakers looked pathetic. Sloppy play. Kobe was off. We were lucky Wallace was out.
                          I think most of it is Larry Brown. He always has a solid scheme against the Lakers whether it was when he coached Detroit or Philly in the Finals against us, or since he's been in Charlotte. He seems to know how to defend the triangle better than most.

Yeah, the actual games are getting hard to watch at times. They only play hard against teams they respect. You look at the lineups and start to get pissed that a team starting Nazr Mohammed and Stephen Graham is hanging with the Lakers in LA. It's just a given that the Lakers get complacent every season. If the fans are dying for the playoffs to get here, you can be sure the Laker players feel that x's 10.

Comment

I am officially on the can't wait for playoffs to start train. That game was brutal to watch. Thank goodness I feel asleep for most of the 2nd half.

March Madness hasn't even started and you can't wait for the NBA playoffs? You can't watch the Raiders because they suck, you can't wait to the playoffs start because the Lakers are either blowing the competition out of the water or they have an off game and the world is crashing down, BYU football let you down. I am curious on how you are going to feel when BYU tapers off and is out of the tourney by the 2nd round.

At least you have golf...although it just isn't the same without Tiger
                            I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

• Holy buzzsaw. Billups earned his AS spot last night for me. I so wish we had a PG like him. Watching Fisher get lit up all night and then everyone else who got put on him was disgusting. WTF was JaX doing with Sasha last night? I hope that he never sees another minute in a Lakers uni again. I love how Staples started booing his ass after clanging his second wide open three on the same possession. Denver just couldn't freaking miss. I don't know if I have ever seen a 3 point barrage like that before. 70% from deep? I hate JR Smith. I can't stand that guy. But I was pretty surprised last night that he wasn't jumping around grabbing his nuts and doing cartwheels when he got hot.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• The rag tag Blazers are gonna bikini wax the Lakers tonight. How many years had it been since the Lakers have won in Portland? 5 or 6?

I can hear it now.... "But the Lakers are injured right now......"

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X