Did any posters attend any 2002 olympic events in Salt Lake?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • grapevine
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 1992

    #1

    Did any posters attend any 2002 olympic events in Salt Lake?

    Tickets may have been expensive. Those events if not Olympics not hard to get seats for. But did any poster on here actually attend any of the 2002 Olympic events or any others for that matter?
  • Soccermom
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 4063

    #2
    Originally posted by grapevine View Post
    Tickets may have been expensive. Those events if not Olympics not hard to get seats for. But did any poster on here actually attend any of the 2002 Olympic events or any others for that matter?
    We did. Cross country skiing at Solider Hollow and Women's Slalom.

    Comment

    • MarkGrace
      Grooveshark dick tease
      • Dec 2008
      • 31546

      #3
      I went to a skiing event at snowbasin and a medals ceremony.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

      Comment

      • Donuthole
        Official Outgayer
        • Nov 2008
        • 25278

        #4
        Went to some curling at the ice sheet.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

        Comment

        • Jeff Lebowski
          Corporate lackey for Jesus
          • Nov 2008
          • 69751

          #5
          Short track speed skating
          Ski jumping
          Cross country skiing
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

          Comment

          • hostile
            lollygagger
            • Dec 2009
            • 5736

            #6
            Ski Jumping
            Moguls
            Downhill
            Hockey-USA/Canada. Still have a game puck from that match.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

            "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #7
              I watched LaVell run with the torch.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • TripletDaddy
                sweet triple
                • Nov 2008
                • 58186

                #8
                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                I watched LaVell run with the torch.
                we saw mark eaton run with the torch. we were downtown on the corner right outside of Hardees. Is that 200 S and Main or State? somewhere around there.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                sigpic

                Comment

                • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                  Time to camp
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26082

                  #9
                  A bunch of hockey games, best was USA/Russia semi final.
                  Ski jumping
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

                  Comment

                  • MartyFunkhouser
                    Disciple of RNGesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 18763

                    #10
                    Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    A bunch of hockey games, best was USA/Russia semi final.
                    Ski jumping
                    I'm extremely jealous. I got to one hockey game, Germany vs. Czech Republic.

                    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

                    Comment

                    • FMCoug
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 6825

                      #11
                      Didn't live in SLC then so now. However, we went to a bunch of events when the Summer Olympics were in LA in 1984. From what I can remember Track and Field, Swimming, Volleyball, and Basketball. Probably some others.
                      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

                      Comment

                      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                        Time to camp
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26082

                        #12
                        Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                        I'm extremely jealous. I got to one hockey game, Germany vs. Czech Republic.

                        Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
                        Also went to skeleton, though I don't remember if it was ladies are men.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

                        Comment

                        • Dwight Schr-ute
                          Members Only
                          • May 2011
                          • 4917

                          #13
                          Went to a couple of cross country skiing events and biathlon. Yes Donut, biathlon! And it was awesome.
                          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

                          Comment

                          • falafel
                            loves to talk on things
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 38003

                            #14
                            Short Track
                            Men's Aerials
                            Cross Country Skiing at Soldier Hollow (surprisingly entertaining.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                            Dig your own grave, and save!

                            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                            Comment

                            • Omaha 680
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 11184

                              #15
                              Ski jump.

                              Comment

                              Working...