Official FIFA 2018 Russia World Cup

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Omaha 680
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 11183

    #31
    Originally posted by fusnik View Post
    Won lottery for USA tickets v Mexico.

    Bought my allowed allotment.
    I'm quite jealous. Have a great time. Biggest USAvMEX match since the round of 16 in 2002.

    Comment

    • Commando
      Explosivo
      • Feb 2009
      • 20748

      #32
      I went to the USA vs Mexico friendly a while back- it was great. Far more Mexicans in the stadium than USA, though. And a curious contingent of dipshits in Brazil jerseys, curiously enough.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

      Comment

      • Omaha 680
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 11183

        #33
        Two huge games for US Soccer on Saturday. Obviously there is the playoff game against Mexico in the Rose Bowl for a berth in the 2017 Confederations Cup. The U-23 Men also play in the semifinal of the CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Tournament against Honduras. Winner goes to Rio in 2016. This is an important step after the embarrassment of not qualifying 4 years ago.

        Comment

        • Omaha 680
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2011
          • 11183

          #34
          1-1 with Mexico in the 19th minute. Laser pointers have already made an appearance. I really want this game.

          Comment

          • Parrot Head
            Operation Hot Mother
            • Nov 2008
            • 2322

            #35
            Whoa!!!!! Way to stay in it and tie it up!
            I have nothing else to say at this time.

            Comment

            • Omaha 680
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 11183

              #36
              Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
              Whoa!!!!! Way to stay in it and tie it up!
              I was about to post we were out od gas and it would take a miracle to get the equalizer. Wood stabs that one home and the momentum of the match has completely flipped.

              Comment

              • Donuthole
                Official Outgayer
                • Nov 2008
                • 25276

                #37
                Stupid.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                Comment

                • Omaha 680
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 11183

                  #38
                  Shit. What a strike by Aguilar. Excuse me while I puke.

                  Comment

                  • Parrot Head
                    Operation Hot Mother
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 2322

                    #39
                    That was a nice strike. I didn't start watching until about min 75, but Mexico absolutely controlled the ball except for that stretch when Wood scored. We got desperate and took over, but then couldn't continue.
                    I have nothing else to say at this time.

                    Comment

                    • fusnik
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 4475

                      #40
                      That was the coolest sporting event I've watched in person.

                      Now save the I haven't seen cool stuff, I have much better than most.

                      The constant screaming, the fights, the beer showers, the public urination, the open homophobia and racism, insanely fun night.

                      The RB was turned into Tijuana for a couple of hours.

                      Comment

                      • Omaha 680
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 11183

                        #41
                        Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                        That was the coolest sporting event I've watched in person.

                        Now save the I haven't seen cool stuff, I have much better than most.

                        The constant screaming, the fights, the beer showers, the public urination, the open homophobia and racism, insanely fun night.

                        The RB was turned into Tijuana for a couple of hours.
                        I don't doubt it and I am very jealous apart from enduring that result in person.

                        Comment

                        • Omaha 680
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 11183

                          #42
                          Well I'm starting to get a little nervous about the state of US Soccer. After a very promising WC in Brazil, this year has been largely disappointing. Bombing out of the Gold Cup doesn't look like as much of an aberration now that we were largely by Mexico in the playoff game on Saturday. Jurgen doesn't com off well sending home Fabian Johnson after the game and basically calling him out publicly for being soft and wanting to sub out at the end of the Mexico game. No surprise that we lost 0-1 to Costa Rica tonight. The team seems to be in disarray. I have largely trusted Jurgen's roster decisions during his tenure. He has found and developed some great players and I feel like we are more loaded with raw talent than we have been in a while. But if the performance trend of this year continues, we are headed for a disappointing World Cup cycle.

                          The U-23 also lost in the semis, but managed to beat Canada 2-0 tonight in the 3rd place game of Olympic qualifying. This means they have to beat Colombia in a play-in game to make the Olympics. I'm not very optimistic.

                          Comment

                          • jay santos
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 13652

                            #43
                            We played over our heads in the last World Cup. We're not top 20 in the world.

                            Comment

                            • Omaha 680
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 11183

                              #44
                              We look awful tonight. 40 year old Guatemalans are shredding our back line. Inexcusable.

                              Comment

                              • Omaha 680
                                Senior Member
                                • Jul 2011
                                • 11183

                                #45
                                Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                                We played over our heads in the last World Cup. We're not top 20 in the world.
                                Just saw this. I disagree. I happen to think we underperformed given the path we had in the knockout rounds. We have made it out of group play in 3 of the last 4 cups. You don't do that if you aren't top 20.

                                That said, we barely look top 40 right now. Things aren't right.

                                Comment

                                Working...