Survivor Pool 2013

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MartyFunkhouser
    Disciple of RNGesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 18763

    #61
    I'll join the risk takers. Oakland over Jacksonville.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

    Comment

    • Color Me Badd Fan
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2009
      • 12519

      #62
      I didn't pick in this thread last week, but I did in my survivor's pool that some others on here belong too. The pick was Indy of course. I swear I can verify that I made this pick. My team's name in the pool is leegarnerjr.

      Anyway, if I'm allowed in, I'm trying to decide between Chicago and Green Bay. I think Green Bay is the safest pick this week. I'm pretty sure New England is also going to win. That game can go one of two ways -- New England is pissed after the Buffalo game and takes it out on the Jets, or New England is going to have problems because they don't have Amendola and Gronkowski (not to mention Aaron Hernandez). Chicago is the pick if you want to get another middle of the road team out of the way. Ponder's going to have some problems against Chicago's secondary.

      After the Arizona @ New England debacle last year, I just want to make it out of the first 2-3 weeks. Of course, I was also trying to be safe last year.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

      Comment

      • Color Me Badd Fan
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 12519

        #63
        Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
        I'm going to take a risk and change my pick to Philly over San Diego...cross country trip on a short week for the Chargers and a 1:00 PM kick. I'll try to save the Pats for later this season (fingers crossed).
        I think this is a nice pick. I'll have to consider Philly, Chicago and Green Bay.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

        Comment

        • smokymountainrain
          Impressive Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22593

          #64
          Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          I didn't pick in this thread last week, but I did in my survivor's pool that some others on here belong too. The pick was Indy of course. I swear I can verify that I made this pick. My team's name in the pool is leegarnerjr.

          Anyway, if I'm allowed in, I'm trying to decide between Chicago and Green Bay. I think Green Bay is the safest pick this week. I'm pretty sure New England is also going to win. That game can go one of two ways -- New England is pissed after the Buffalo game and takes it out on the Jets, or New England is going to have problems because they don't have Amendola and Gronkowski (not to mention Aaron Hernandez). Chicago is the pick if you want to get another middle of the road team out of the way. Ponder's going to have some problems against Chicago's secondary.

          After the Arizona @ New England debacle last year, I just want to make it out of the first 2-3 weeks. Of course, I was also trying to be safe last year.
          IMO, you should be let in.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

          Comment

          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
            Time to camp
            • Nov 2008
            • 26082

            #65
            Philadelphia Eagles
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

            Comment

            • Joe Public
              8.1 YPC
              • Apr 2011
              • 8543

              #66
              Week 2: HOU over TEN
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

              "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

              Comment

              • Jarid in Cedar
                CS Institutional Memory
                • Jun 2009
                • 13234

                #67
                Philly over the Bolts
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                -Rick Majerus

                Comment

                • San Juan Sun
                  Kicked to the curb
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 9214

                  #68
                  Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                  Week 2: HOU over TEN
                  Ditto for me.
                  "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

                  - Ty Cobb

                  Comment

                  • BoylenOver
                    Junior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 9146

                    #69
                    Eagles over Chargers
                    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

                    Comment

                    • Color Me Badd Fan
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 12519

                      #70
                      I picked Philly in my suicide pool.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                      Comment

                      • Drunk Tank
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 2569

                        #71
                        Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                        Late to the game. I'll take Houston over the Chargers.
                        Detroit over Arizona.
                        "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

                        Comment

                        • Color Me Badd Fan
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 12519

                          #72
                          The Redskins might be terrible, Philly mediocre, and San Diego might not be that bad.
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                          Comment

                          • Surfah
                            Where's Wallace?
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 33726

                            #73
                            And this suicide season could be over early. Lots of upsets looming right now.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Sizzle
                              #ThisIsY
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 9004

                              #74
                              I don't get why the Rams v Falcons didn't getter action. That one seemed obvious.

                              Comment

                              • Surfah
                                Where's Wallace?
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 33726

                                #75
                                Houston going down. That one cost me a team. Now I am down to Oakland. Ouch.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...