I might get into boxing again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8BR View Post
    It's over! Marquez KOs Pacman like a classic Mexican fighter. With a body blows.

That was no body blow. That was a straight right to the face that knocked Manny completely out the second it landed.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Huh?
      Both Pacman and Marquez each recorded a KO in the first five rounds.

Pacman had all the stats in his favor and Marquez had a broken nose, bleeding all over the place.

Marquez landed a crazy, crazy counter over-hand right that KO'd Manny for 3-4 minutes. Man.

Comment

Both Pacman and Marquez each recorded a KO in the first five rounds.

Pacman had all the stats in his favor and Marquez had a broken nose, bleeding all over the place.

Marquez landed a crazy, crazy counter over-hand right that KO'd Manny for 3-4 minutes. Man.
        Knock down, not knock out.
        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post

That was no body blow. That was a straight right to the face that knocked Manny completely out the second it landed.
          Don't you think they were all set-up by connecting so many body blows early? Both over-hands were set-up by faking a body punch, but then going upstairs. At least that's what it looked like live.

Comment

Knock down, not knock out.
            Yes, of course.

Comment

Don't you think they were all set-up by connecting so many body blows early? Both over-hands were set-up by faking a body punch, but then going upstairs. At least that's what it looked like live.
              No. They we set up by Marquez being an incredible counter puncher who looked much stronger tonight than the three previous fights. That's what it looked like to me. Pacquaio was dominating the 6th when it ended.

Comment

The only other fight I've seen turn that fast was Corrales vs. Jose Luis Castillo.

I thought Manny had it in the bag as the 6th was coming to a close. He had the stats and the momentum in the favor. And then bang. It's over.

Pacquiao was almost walking into that punch, which made it all the worse for him.

Comment

Comment

access denied
                    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                      access denied
                      I imagine some of them will get taken down, but here is one not embedded.

http://twitpic.com/bkdgh2/full

Comment

While the final punch is devastating, simply watching the GIF doesn't portray the full, stunning impact it. In the context of that round it was truly shocking.

Manny was pounding Juan in the 6th. Late in the 5th it even looked, for a few moments, it might be called in Pacquiao's favor.

By the middle of the 6th Marquez's nose was bleeding like an open faucet. As the round was closing Manny was pushing him, out of the middle of the ring, toward the corner, in what seemed like a move to end the fight. Then as the last few seconds of the 6th ticked away…bang. Overhand. One that started with Marquez's head at waste level. And it's over.

Comment

While the final punch is devastating, simply watching the GIF doesn't portray the full, stunning impact it. In the context of that round it was truly shocking.

Manny was pounding Juan in the 6th. Late in the 5th it even looked, for a few moments, it might be called in Pacquiao's favor.

By the middle of the 6th Marquez's nose was bleeding like an open faucet. As the round was closing Manny was pushing him, out of the middle of the ring, toward the corner, in what seemed like a move to end the fight. Then as the last few seconds of the 6th ticked away…bang. Overhand. One that started with Marquez's head at waste level. And it's over.
                          I agree completely with you here.

Walking around Manila today has been very interesting. Several people have told me they will not have a merry Christmas now. I don't know how to describe the Manny fandom here. This morning was like their favorite teams lost the BCS Championship, the Final Four championship, lost the World Series, Super Bowl, and NBA finals all the exact same moment. Just completely devastating. The Philippines is a country that desperately wants to be known for their skills and talent but registers very low on the world meter. Having their national hero be knocked out has left the entire country with the same look on their faces as Many had finally sat up. The have no idea what the F just hit them.

Comment

I agree completely with you here.

Walking around Manila today has been very interesting. Several people have told me they will not have a merry Christmas now. I don't know how to describe the Manny fandom here. This morning was like their favorite teams lost the BCS Championship, the Final Four championship, lost the World Series, Super Bowl, and NBA finals all the exact same moment. Just completely devastating. The Philippines is a country that desperately wants to be known for their skills and talent but registers very low on the world meter. Having their national hero be knocked out has left the entire country with the same look on their faces as Many had finally sat up. The have no idea what the F just hit them.
                            Nice writing. I like the imagery at the end.
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Front page of the Manila papers this morning

Comment

Boxing is dead. Pretty boring fight. I just don't enjoy Floyd's shoulder roll-counter punch style. But he's damn good at it.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X