NBA 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    LBJ is on a ridiculous tear. The Lakers better sign his ass.
    MJ just went on record saying Kobe is his pick..."five rings are better than one"
    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
      MJ just went on record saying Kobe is his pick..."five rings are better than one"
      http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/c...rlotte-bobcats

Comment

• Exactly what I thought.
        I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• The conversation for best player to play in the NBA is between 2 players, Michael Jordan and LeBron James. No one else belongs in the discussion. I also think it is clear cut that Michael Jordan is the best player to ever play in the NBA.*

*Insert Maximus post calling me obsessed with Bron Bron, because I said he is only the 2nd best player to play in the NBA.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
            The conversation for best player to play in the NBA is between 2 players, Michael Jordan and LeBron James. No one else belongs in the discussion.
            Yep. Even LBJ's most passionate detractor can see it. I'm not sure why people can't separate success from greatness. Kobe has had a more successful career than LeBron. There is no question about that. There is also no question that LeBron has been the best player in the NBA since his second year in the league. LeBron is better, Kobe has had a more successful career. Not sure why people can't seem to differentiate the two.

By MJ's standard, he'd have to take Robert Horry over Kobe as well because 7 rings are better than 5. We all know Kobe is a better player, but Horry has more rings, so gotta go with him. It's that kind of thinking, as BGR alluded to, that has led to the winning ways of the Bobcats under Jordan's leadership.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• When MJ gives a stupid pat answer like that, I wish someone would ask him if he thinks Bill Russell was about twice the player that he was. Or if he feels like John Havlicek was a better perimeter player with the C's than Jordan was with the Bulls. Because it isn't like Havlicek was a role player like Fisher or Horry or Kerr. He was an all-time great, who also won 8 rings. 8 is more than 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                The conversation for best player to play in the NBA is between 2 players, Michael Jordan and LeBron James. No one else belongs in the discussion.
                Wilt Chamberlain doesn't belong in the discussion? Oscar Robertson doesn't belong in the discussion?
                "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                  When MJ gives a stupid pat answer like that, I wish someone would ask him if he thinks Bill Russell was about twice the player that he was. Or if he feels like John Havlicek was a better perimeter player with the C's than Jordan was with the Bulls. Because it isn't like Havlicek was a role player like Fisher or Horry or Kerr. He was an all-time great, who also won 8 rings. 8 is more than 6.
                  Shaq was so dominant on those Laker teams that you could almost call Kobe a role player for those championships.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    Shaq was so dominant on those Laker teams that you could almost call Kobe a role player for those championships.
                    As far as I'm concerned, Kobe's taken "his" team to the Finals three times and won twice. LeBron has done it three times and won once.
                    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      Maybe in 2000, but not in 2001 and 2002. Kobe was phenomenal against the Kings and Spurs in 2001 (35, 9, & 4.3 against the Kings and 33, 7 & 7, against the Spurs, on over 51% shooting). He averaged over 30, 5 & 5 in the 2002 playoffs, though his shooting wasn't great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypoplastic View Post
                        Maybe in 2000, but not in 2001 and 2002. Kobe was phenomenal against the Kings and Spurs in 2001 (35, 9, & 4.3 against the Kings and 33, 7 & 7, against the Spurs, on over 51% shooting). He averaged over 30, 5 & 5 in the 2002 playoffs, though his shooting wasn't great.
                        Shaq's averages for the NBA finals as a Laker: 35.4 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 3.1 apg, 2.5 bpg

Kobe's averages for the NBA finals while Shaq was a Laker: 22.2 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 4.8 apg, 1.5 spg, 38% FG%

(Actually, those Kobe #'s include the finals in '08 against Boston as well. I don't feel like going back and adjusting them. But he averaged about 25 ppg on 39% shooting against Boston, so it actually improved his Finals #'s from when Shaq was with him)

Kobe was a very good player those 4 years the Lakers went to the Finals with Shaq. He wasn't anywhere near the dominant force that Shaq was.

Comment

• Shaq in the '02 Finals: 36.3 ppg, 12.3 rpg, 60% from the floor.
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post

Kobe was a very good player those 4 years the Lakers went to the Finals with Shaq. He wasn't anywhere near the dominant force that Shaq was.
                            My point was that Kobe was much more than a role player in the 2001 and 2002 championship runs, not that Kobe as dominant as Shaq.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                              Wilt Chamberlain doesn't belong in the discussion? Oscar Robertson doesn't belong in the discussion?
                              No. Neither is even in the top 5.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                Shaq in the '02 Finals: 36.3 ppg, 12.3 rpg, 60% from the floor.
                                So Shaq played in the Finals like LeBron plays every night? (Sorry mp)
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X