No announcement yet.

The PGA Tour Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't follow the ryder cup closely (and by not closely i mean not at all) but it seems Finau acquitted himself pretty well. so there's that.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Can anyone explain “The Match”? We pay 40 bucks to watch the inevitable while missing football on Black Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
        Can anyone explain “The Match”? We pay 40 bucks to watch the inevitable while missing football on Black Friday?
        Not sure why you need an explanation. Sounds like you already understand.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

$20, not $40.

Four hours of no-commercials golf. Both players are mic'ed up. $9M on the line, plus side bets between the two.

If I weren't going to be golfing myself during that time, I'd be all over this.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            If I weren't going to be golfing myself during that time, I'd be all over this.
            Setting your personal habits aside, this begs my question: who is the target audience for this production? Old men who have nothing better to do and aren’t interested in real sports? I just don’t get the concept or the timing. I guess maybe every sports bar in the country will pay for it, so there’s that.

Comment

Setting your personal habits aside, this begs my question: who is the target audience for this production? Old men who have nothing better to do and aren’t interested in real sports? I just don’t get the concept or the timing. I guess maybe every sports bar in the country will pay for it, so there’s that.
              It doesn’t beg your question.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

If you are asking who the target audience is, them you likely don't understand why people watch golf on tv at all. Yet the PGA Tour has a true wrap-around season and is basically on tv year round. Tiger and Phil are arguably the sport's two biggest stars, and they are playing a winner-take-all match for $9M. I honestly don't understand how you don't understand this.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                  It doesn’t beg your question.
                  I think of you every time someone misuses that phrase.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    I think of you every time someone misuses that phrase.
                    And I think of y’all every time I run across self-appointed rhetoric cops enforcing erroneous interpretations of law.
                    Ironic, huh?

Comment

• I would love to see the course but i have little interest in the seeing the match. Tiger gets so much air time when he plays I don't need to pay to see more of him. Add Cameron Champ and make it a threesome and I'd pay to see him drive it 40 yards past those other two.

Comment

• will be funny if it bombs.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          will be funny if it bombs.
                          The players are mic'd up and there is no delay, no FCC censors. So I expect there to be plenty of bombs.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            The players are mic'd up and there is no delay, no FCC censors. So I expect there to be plenty of bombs.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This Twitter thread about Bryson DeChambeau’s slow play is great. Pros including Luke Donald, Rich Beam, and Eddie Pepperel commented in it.

Some of the replies:

Comment

Working...
                                X