No announcement yet.

US Soccer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My unpopular opinion: soccer coaching is the most overrated aspect of all professional sports. Especially a national team coach. It just doesn't matter that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
      My unpopular opinion: soccer coaching is the most overrated aspect of all professional sports. Especially a national team coach. It just doesn't matter that much.
      My gut feeling is that you're mostly correct. I base this on the number of former players who succeed immediately even at the highest levels. You don't see that in any other sport in the same kind of numbers. I do think guys off the Cruyff coaching tree are exceptional though.

Comment

• So, if chanting anti-gay things is enough to end a match, what’s to stop fans from a team with the lead from chanting and ending the game instead of risking a late-tying goal?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
          So, if chanting anti-gay things is enough to end a match, what’s to stop fans from a team with the lead from chanting and ending the game instead of risking a late-tying goal?
          That’s not how it works.

Mexico has been doing this for years. They have gotten fines, threats, and have been forced to play without fans. Mexican futbol federation runs ads on Mexican tv begging people to stop. And they keep doing it.
          Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 06-17-2023, 10:55 PM.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

That’s not how it works.

Mexico has been doing this for years. They have gotten fines, threats, and have been forced to play without fans. Mexican futbol federation runs ads on Mexican tv begging people to stop. And they keep doing it.
            Like DeSantis, they refuse to be silenced by the woke mob.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
              So, if chanting anti-gay things is enough to end a match, what’s to stop fans from a team with the lead from chanting and ending the game instead of risking a late-tying goal?
              I'm not convinced that your concerns are rooted in late game crowd strategy as much as they are in the legitimacy of the group being targeted by the chants. Color me skeptical.
              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

I'm not convinced that your concerns are rooted in late game crowd strategy as much as they are in the legitimacy of the group being targeted by the chants. Color me skeptical.
                Lol. Stop.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                X