No announcement yet.

The TrolleyDodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryu finishes off May with another gem. Unbelievable month for him. Best pitcher in baseball right now.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

• now if their bullpen can just come close their starting pitching

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Originally posted by happyone View Post
        now if their bullpen can just come close their starting pitching
        Bullpen still sucks. Joe Kelly, especially.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Bullpen still sucks. Joe Kelly, especially.
          Pisses me off he pitched lights out for the scum of the earth last post season and then pulls this crap on an actual, respectable team. His contributions to the Cardinals back in the day was trying to be the last guy standing at the conclusion of the National Anthem. Go get butt cancer, Joe Kelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
            Pisses me off he pitched lights out for the scum of the earth last post season and then pulls this crap on an actual, respectable team. His contributions to the Cardinals back in the day was trying to be the last guy standing at the conclusion of the National Anthem. Go get butt cancer, Joe Kelly.
            Crazy Joe has his ups and downs, man. That is all part of having Loco JoJo on your roster, amigo. Also, he didn't pitch for the Yankees last post-season, so I'm not sure what you're referencing.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Dang - Seager's on he DL again. Probably til after the All-Star Break - Hamstring

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

• Back-to-back-to-back wins on walk-off HRs by rookies. Unreal.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• I want Verdugo's shirt.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• Jansen is a steaming pile right now.
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• The TrolleyDodgers

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                      Jansen is a steaming pile right now.
                      The Astros broke him and he’s never been fixed. 7 blown saves is not good, but that doesn’t come close to telling the whole story. His WHIP is 2 times higher than it was when he was a dominant closer, and his ERA is 3 times higher than it was 2 years ago. He allows baserunners in pretty much every appearance, and usually multiple baserunners. I said at the trade deadline they needed to get someone because they can’t win the WS with him as their closer. At this point, they might just need to bench him and use someone else.

Comment

• Wondering how May do with only 3-6 outs to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Dodger sweep the Padres. That was the team I was most afraid of entering the playoffs. This could be the year.

Comment

• The TrolleyDodgers

Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
                            Dodger sweep the Padres. That was the team I was most afraid of entering the playoffs. This could be the year.
                            Pads’ pitching was semi-suspect all season, and completely depleted entering the series. I didn’t worry about them too much. If Roberts hadn’t decided to pitch Jansen in a save situation in game 2 (a big no-no, but unforgivable when Jansen pitched the day prior) none of the games would have been really that close.

Bravos are a much bigger challenge in the NL, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Pads’ pitching was semi-suspect all season, and completely depleted entering the series. I didn’t worry about them too much. If Roberts hadn’t decided to pitch Jansen in a save situation in game 2 (a big no-no, but unforgivable when Jansen pitched the day prior) none of the games would have been really that close.

Bravos are a much bigger challenge in the NL, IMO.
                              Good perspective. My fear of them was not on the pitching, but the Padres lineup is dangerous. That said, I don't think the Braves are slouches by any means, but I've been impress by the way the Dodgers have approached this season. Maybe it's the Mookie factor, but they just seem more focused and unflappable somehow. Maybe that's just me.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
                                Dodger sweep the Padres. That was the team I was most afraid of entering the playoffs. This could be the year.
                                You should be worried about the A’s.

Shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X